Why Do Kong and Godzilla Fight?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Reason Do The Titans Clash?

1. They See Each Other As Threats
81%
2. Mind Control/Forced
11%
3. Clone
No votes
4. One Of The Monsters Is Framed
8%

Total votes: 79

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Why Do Kong and Godzilla Fight?

Post by BlankAccount »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I mean... does the reason have to be that complicated? They’re both big monsters. They see each other. Rawrrrrr!!! Eh?
No but it'd be nice if there was more reason than "just because".

I expect that it's gonna be like most kaiju films where the reason is no deeper than the usual kaiju hate each other plot, but it'd be a pleasant surprise if it's one of the few films that gives a deeper reason for the fight than just "because territorial animals of mass destruction".

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Its probably going to be a "one of them is on a rampage, so we have to bring/lure the other to the vicinity in hopes of stopping him" kind of thing, like the original KKvsG.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Going with the easy answer, seeing one another as threats. Partially hoping it's some other reason, something a bit more creative, like the mind control/forced option, but I'd be okay with a simple reason in the long run.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Going with the easy answer, seeing one another as threats. Partially hoping it's some other reason, something a bit more creative, like the mind control/forced option, but I'd be okay with a simple reason in the long run.
Most likely. It's clear Kong has a complex post Skull Island. Not only is he worshiped but he just avenged his species. Godzilla is naturally aggressive towards anything that threatens so all you have to do is lure the around each other and let the hubris do it's damage.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

For the reason the screenwriters choose. Any answer outside of that is sheer speculation and rumor.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

BARAGONBREH wrote:For the reason the screenwriters choose. Any answer outside of that is sheer speculation and rumor.
Thank you for your unseen insight, ye mighty. You have enlightened us.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

I want to see these two behemoths try to be mind controlled or lured by humans, only for the plan to fail miserably. Imagine King Kong trying to be captured, jets and helicopters flying everywhere on the island as tanks roll up, we get one amazing battle as the missiles from the jets don't work (showing Kong has grown). It would look badass as fuck! Maybe the humans try to put Godzilla down or try to get him to go away due to the destruction caused in Godzilla KOTM, but in this military assault Godzilla would retaliate unexpectedly, and the audience would know Godzilla fights only to preserve his life and protect himself, not because he's a villain. As long as we see the humans try to lure these 300+ ft tall gods together only to fail resulting in them encountering each other and battling it out (once in Skull Island and another in man's dominion be it New York or Tokyo so it resembles this cover:
Image )
Then that would be amazing! I mean they're both gigantic godly monsters, they shouldn't be taken under control. If anything man's actions should result in his very punishment. I want to see the tagline of the film follow this picture:
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla accidentally destroys Wrigley Field fighting Ghidorah, so Marlowe calls Kong to attack as revenge.

For real? I'm calling the anti-kaiju thing everyone's mentioned. Either that or some revenge plot using Kong.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Well since it'll come out in 2020, Kong will challenge Godzilla, who was on his way to host the Olympics.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I mean so far in these MonsterVerse films, its all about maintaining the pecking order and balance in nature.

Godzilla is an alpha predator that wanted to eliminate his greatest threats, The MUTOs

Kong ruled over his home and kept the Skullcrawlers in check.

In KOTM, it appears Godzilla will be challenging Ghidorah for the King of the Monster crown (metaphorically speaking of course...though if there was a literal crown for King of the Monsters...oh the imagination gears are turning! lol).

So what reason do Kong and Godzilla really need to fight? Just put them together in close proximity and they'll naturally go at each other.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Kong is a devoted Monsterverse Fan, but Godzilla is a die hard Shin fan. Neither have respect for one another's tastes, and get into heated arguments over the two distinct styles of filmmaking until their feud finally escalates into a bloody war unlike any seen on earth.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

Ivo-goji wrote:Because one has a brain the size of a marble and the other doesn't, compelling them to face each other as they did millions of years past, or something.
Imagine this was the official story synopsis for it?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Orca is used to lure Kong to Godzilla after He begins melting down
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

What if Xilians use mind control but it only works on Kong because Godzilla has no M-base?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:What if Xilians use mind control but it only works on Kong because Godzilla has no M-base?
Can you not? That’s obviously not going to happen and it’s asinine to even suggest that :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Money! Duh....

No but seriously I think it’ll either be number 1 or something else completely unforeseen.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I can't see all this talk about controlling and communicating with monsters in KotM being added to the story for no reason. Its almost gonna have to play a part in GvK somehow.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Spoiler:
Charles Dance steals Orca and attempts to control Kong for his own “evil” purposes, ala Dr. Who from King Kong Escapes
#slatternking

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Anti-kaiju wasn't on the list so I voted for "sees each other as threats" as I think that's the second most likely.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Did not understand the last two posts in the slightest? What's Orca? What do you mean by Anti-kaiju?
Image Image