MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The “lizard that ate a star” in the GvK novelization wasn’t just the Godzilla we know, it was a whole species of the Foetodons or something adjacent that ate the Hollow Earth energy-rocks (probably initially just to help digest food like some animals in real life do) and ended up mutating into the Godzilla species.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:37 pm Another one; I guess I could always pretend that Gamera Teaser for his 50th that came out in 2016 is canon to the Monsterverse. Considering we may not get him or other kaiju in this series in the future, here's how my headcanon inclusion of that teaser would fit in:
After the Gyaos swarm attacked Tokyo, the whole incident was covered up. Helpful if the Gyaos ate most all eye witnesses. The event chalked up to an earthquake, explosion or eruption. No one else saw Gamera arrive and incinerate the Gyaos as a stay inside and find shelter order had been, ordered. Gamera then left as quickly as he arrived, either to some home in the Artic Ocean or space. When Gamera comes back "10 years later", that occurs either a year(s) before or after KOTM (Doesn't really matter, though I suppose after makes more sense since Titans were all about and free after that film). He again defeats his enemy (the bubble irys-muto thing) swiftly enough to quickly again swiftly depart with not many witnessing him, specifically news or government organizations. This time people are more aware though that kaiju were involved in the second incident involving the secretive, undiscovered Gamera. His return(If before 2019), along with the appearance of the MUTO Prime and -Insert any other smaller 100 foot (and so thus less noteworthy) Toho character here-(Angurius?, Titanosaurus?, Varan?, nothing too startling as they are kind of just big dinosaurs and puny compared to true titans like Behemoth and Methuselah) prompted the senate meeting with Monarch at the begining of KOTM.
With Gamera as part of this universe, I'd have some of the KOTM 17 Titans be partly magic and/or artificial like him and the Gyaos, able to interact with the as of yet undiscovered etherial energy known as mana. Those titans would be, Orochi (created by Atlanteans using Ghidorah's DNA from a severed head that Alan Joanh much later on sold to Apex), Tiamat(female Zedus) & Sekmet (King Caesar).
Guess my version of monsterverse Zedus will now have to be Typhon since Tiamat is a sea serpent. Eventually the designs of all the 17 Titans should be unveiled when more Monsterverse comics come out.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

It was probably mentioned before, but dinosaurs do exist in the Hollow Earth and resemble the outdated versions from the 1920s to early 70s due to adaptations to Hollow Earth's strange environment. Paleontologists probably did go to the Hollow Earth at some point but were bribed not to reveal anything to the public, so any artistic rendition based on fossils they found is actually of recollections from Hollow Earth journeys that they cleverly used to describe the fossil specimens without risking problems with organizations like Monarch going after them, so they simply passing them around as simply art.

Abridged: Outdated paleo-art of dinosaurs is based off Hollow Earth dinosaurs because the paleo-artist witnessed them during secret expeditions.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

In my head Canon, Godzilla is unique to all the Titans. He's even unique to his own species.

Obviously he has plot armor as despite being close to death on numerous occasions, some cosmic force, the writers continue to keep him alive and do what he needs to do. From a conceptual standpoint, I'd like to imagine that nature is some sort of cosmic organism in Godzilla serves as the planets immune system. He's the planets antibody who only moves into action when homeostasis is at risk or if there's potential risk to the natural order. He does his job and will always exist in some capacity as long as the planet exists.

I dou bt this is what the writers are going for conceptually, as I know they are animals, but I think within the monster verse Godzilla is the closest thing to an earth diety that we are going to get.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Given we're likely not seeing them again,

The following unseen Titans are the respective Monsterverse versions of these Toho kaiju

Abbadon: Megaguirus
Baphomet: Battra (a devilish god who was worshiped by the Knights of Templar, the most infamous examples of "end justify the means" crusading? Too much sense lol)
Bunyip: Varan
Mokele-Membe: Titanosaurus (we have a description but tbh, it could work as a radical redesign? Also, unlike Kraken/Na Kia, that one hasn't been made canon yet in a comic)
Qutzelcoatal: The Giant Condor a female Rodan
Sekhemt: King Caesar
Yamato No Orochi: Manda

No idea for Typhon because there's so many alternative takes on what Typhon looks like I can't pick one.

Also, the spider in Mothra's lair is Kumonga.

RIP Evan.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

The MUTO pair from 2014 were siblings due to being born from the same MUTO Prime parent, thus making their relationship incestuous.

The Foetodons are a distant cousin of Godzilla's species, being the monkey to their gorilla in a sense.

Non-avian dinosaurs still survive in the Hollow Earth, albeit they've diversified in a variety of both familiar and unfamiliar forms.

Kong isn't the last of his kind; there are other tribes of his species scattered throughout the Hollow Earth.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:33 pm The MUTO pair from 2014 were siblings due to being born from the same MUTO Prime parent, thus making their relationship incestuous.

This is canon it was stated in Aftershock.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:05 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:33 pm The MUTO pair from 2014 were siblings due to being born from the same MUTO Prime parent, thus making their relationship incestuous.

It's canon that they both came from M.U.T.O Prime but it's not canon it's incestuous. Could be they evolved past the need for genetic crossing.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:25 pm

It's canon that they both came from M.U.T.O Prime but it's not canon it's incestuous. Could be they evolved past the need for genetic crossing.
Incest is simply the fact siblings are breeding to my understanding. If the Muto's genes are strong enough to stop the negative aspects that's shouldn't stop it being incest from how animals and humans view it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Bruh we really arguing if monsters had an incestuous relationship.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:32 pm Bruh we really arguing if monsters had an incestuous relationship.
Who's arguing?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:33 pm
Voyager wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:32 pm Bruh we really arguing if monsters had an incestuous relationship.
Who's arguing?
You’re not really arguing but… you and Soggy.
For Emperor and Empire!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:29 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Incest is simply the fact siblings are breeding to my understanding. If the Muto's genes are strong enough to stop the negative aspects that's shouldn't stop it being incest from how animals and humans view it.
Now we know the real reason why Godzilla slain them.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

When he was woken up by the ORCA, Rodan wasn't fully grown. When he's an adult, he'll be around the same size as Godzilla.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:46 pm When he was woken up by the ORCA, Rodan wasn't fully grown. When he's an adult, he'll be around the same size as Godzilla.
Rodan is the same age as Godzilla though.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:46 pm When he was woken up by the ORCA, Rodan wasn't fully grown. When he's an adult, he'll be around the same size as Godzilla.
Source? Even if that's true, it's not like every species in the entire world age at the exact same rate. Plus, Rody had been hibernating in the Isla de Mara volcano for a while.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Maybe The volcano In Isla de Mara didn’t have a lot of Radiation to make him massive so that’s why he was 47 meter in KotM, Rodan is currently hibernating in Mt. Fuji which has a lot more radiation to make him bigger like 60-96 Meters

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:41 pm
Source? Even if that's true, it's not like every species in the entire world age at the exact same rate. Plus, Rody had been hibernating in the Isla de Mara volcano for a while.
Yeah I was wondering about that too. How do you know this? If there is a source about this can you link it to us?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:53 pm Maybe The volcano In Isla de Mara didn’t have a lot of Radiation to make him massive so that’s why he was 47 meter in KotM, Rodan is currently hibernating in Mt. Fuji which has a lot more radiation to make him bigger like 60-96 Meters

Yeah I was wondering about that too. How do you know this? If there is a source about this can you link it to us?
Kotm has a painting that shows Rodan fought Ghidorah alongside Mothra and Godzilla in the past.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:32 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:53 pm Maybe The volcano In Isla de Mara didn’t have a lot of Radiation to make him massive so that’s why he was 47 meter in KotM, Rodan is currently hibernating in Mt. Fuji which has a lot more radiation to make him bigger like 60-96 Meters

Kotm has a painting that shows Rodan fought Ghidorah alongside Mothra and Godzilla in the past.
That doesn’t mean that they are the same age, Godzilla could have been born A couple millions of years before Rodan was when they fought King Ghidorah together. Even then we don’t know if that was the same Rodan in KotM

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It could've been a completely different Rodan. Hell that might've been a completely different trio of heroes who fought Ghidorah.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira