MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by Bluezilla »

The Russels are responsible for 2014. They were testing a prototype ORCA in San Francisco which awakened the MUTOs from the cocoons and drew them there. They broke up because they knew they were responsible for their sons death. They both went to dark places. Mark to bottle and Emma to being a terrorist.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Bluezilla wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 pm The Russels are responsible for 2014. They were testing a prototype ORCA in San Francisco which awakened the MUTOs from the cocoons and drew them there. They broke up because they knew they were responsible for their sons death. They both went to dark places. Mark to bottle and Emma to being a terrorist.
WOW. What great character motivations and development!
Image Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Bluezilla wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 pm The Russels are responsible for 2014. They were testing a prototype ORCA in San Francisco which awakened the MUTOs from the cocoons and drew them there. They broke up because they knew they were responsible for their sons death. They both went to dark places. Mark to bottle and Emma to being a terrorist.
I hate how much sense this makes. Like goddamn. I never thought of this possibility before but now that you raised it, the plot points fit scarily well.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla »

Thanks. I kept expecting confirmation of this theory in the novel, deleted scenes or perhaps director comments. Thought it completely answered 2014’s two most open questions of why then and why San Francisco. You know one of 2019’s writers had to think of this.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Bluezilla wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:02 am Thanks. I kept expecting confirmation of this theory in the novel, deleted scenes or perhaps director comments. Thought it completely answered 2014’s two most open questions of why then and why San Francisco. You know one of 2019’s writers had to think of this.
It happened when it happened because the male finally hit maturity and finished draining the Janjira reactors dry. The movie literally says as much.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla »

Yes. But don’t you think it’s a strange coincidence that the Russel’s are testing the prototype ORCA and at the same time the male starts to increase his frequency of seismic wave calls. Storyline wise it takes several days before the male emerges from the cocoon. No one during the 2014 movie timeline would have been able to correlate a connection between the prototype ORCA and the mutos. The Russel’s certainly would have a few weeks after San Francisco.

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Some of my fan theories that came up recently:
The Goddess Asherah that mentioned in Aftershock was either a new, undiscovered Titan which has connections with Godzilla species, or Asherah was in fact a Mothra.

There are dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures living in Hollow Earth, but most of them has evolved into some sort of Megafauna which possessed immense size and posture that were quite similar to old style restorations.

“Gaw” and her “Dead Runners”, are the reason why skull crawlers came to surface in the first place.

The “Anunnakis” shown on the Murals were in fact humanized lesser Titans. The reason why Anunnakis undergone a rather early Humanization, were mostly because they have closer bonds to human than other Titans.

Aside from Mothra, Godzilla also form Symbiosis with other Titan species. Including “Anunnakis”, Anguirus, King Caesar and a Titan that inhabits ancient Japan called “Amaterasu”.

Gaw's main competitor in Hollow Earth was Gorosaurus.

There was no Covid-19 Pandemic in Monsterverse.

In late 2019,Dr.Houston Brooks proposed that the mythical origins of “Palace/Realm of Gods” such as Heaven,Olympus,Takamagahara,etc. Was a vast mountainous region or continent with huge caverns and tunnels that lead to various parts of the world,as well as the Hollow Earth. Godzilla species live in harmony with other Titans that allies themselves with Godzilla. In ancient texts written by people of Hollow Earth Civilization, the realm of gods was called “Kadat” or “Kadath”.However, it is believed that said realm has already sank into the Hollow Earth. One of the goal of Hollow Earth Exploration, is to prove the existence of such realm.

Titanus Yamata no Orochi was NOT a multiple head dragon, but a Titan with posture more similar to conventional “Dinosaur-like Kaiju”. You can say it has a similar appearance with “Maga Orochi” from Ultraman Orb. Scholars believe the reason why it became an eight-headed serpent in myths, was because ancient Japanese identified it with King Ghidorah.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:38 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:25 pm King Ghidorah came to Earth thousands of years ago because he originally intended to attack Mars, but Desghidorah beat him to it so he improvised.
Good god, please tell me you're joking here
If I were joking I wouldn't have posted in the first place.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Jacaijuzilladeava
Ronin

Post by Jacaijuzilladeava »

Here's my head canon: There is a theory of where did life on Earth comes from, one of which was an asteroid, which contained frozen water and that impact the Earth's atmosphere and if survive; evolved to what we see around us, plants, animals, and human especially. But what about the Titans? Well they too evolved here on Earth but the impact location are highly radioactive and overtime, life began to evolve within those extreme conditions and thus became the Titans we know today.

But recently, Monarch discovered a very large meteorite, as big as Godzilla himself in the hollow earth. But what make this so special is because it is surrounded by almost divine-like floras and faunas, even some hybrids between the two, much like the Skull Island ecosystem. The animals were like nothing humanity have ever seen, but with closer analysis, they are definitely Terran by DNA since they seem to share similarities with there discovered relatives.

Monarch decided to turn this almost alien ecosystem into a sanctuary to preserve, study and test if some of these creatures could integrate into a non-radioactive ecosystem and possibility release some of the more docile creatures to the surface for a environmental reason like regrow some of the old forest or purify parts of the oceans and seas to rebuild the coral reefs (kinda like news reports from the end credits from KOTM).
Last edited by Jacaijuzilladeava on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Rodan isn’t yet fully grown; when he is finished growing, he’ll be as tall as Godzilla, much like his Showa counterpart.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:56 pm Rodan isn’t yet fully grown; when he is finished growing, he’ll be as tall as Godzilla, much like his Showa counterpart.
Rodan is billions of years old, how long does he need?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Jacaijuzilladeava wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:16 pm Here's my head canon: There is a theory of where did life on Earth comes from, one of which was an asteroid, which contained frozen water and that impact the Earth's atmosphere and if survive; evolved to what we see around us, plants, animals, and human especially. But what about the Titans? Well they too evolved here on Earth but the impact location are highly radioactive and overtime, life began to evolve within those extreme conditions and thus became the Titans we know today.

But recently, Monarch discovered a very large meteorite, as big as Godzilla himself in the hollow earth. But what make this so special is because it is surrounded by almost divine-like floras and faunas, even some hybrids between the two, much like the Skull Island ecosystem. The animals were like nothing humanity have ever seen, but with closer analysis, they are definitely Terran by DNA since they seem to share similarities with there discovered relatives.

Monarch decided to turn this almost alien ecosystem into a sanctuary to preserve, study and test if some of these creatures could integrate into a non-radioactive ecosystem and possibility release some of the more docile creatures to the surface for a environmental reason like regrow some of the old forest or purify parts of the oceans and seas to rebuild the coral reefs (kinda like news reports from the end credits from KOTM).
Sounds like Monsterverse version of Garden of Eden.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

New headcanon but there's enough evidence to support it. So this may actually be canon. Recently I've noticed this Godzilla tends to evolve similar to Shin.

He gets bigger after a conflict. Adapts new abilities to counter different threats. It's clearly not as advanced as Shin's.

Of course by that logic all Godzilla's adapt.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:30 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:56 pm Rodan isn’t yet fully grown; when he is finished growing, he’ll be as tall as Godzilla, much like his Showa counterpart.
We don’t know specifically how old Rodan is. We do know he’s at the very least thousands of years old; he sure as hell isn’t BILLIONS of years old.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 am
We don’t know specifically how old Rodan is. We do know he’s at the very least thousands of years old; he sure as hell isn’t BILLIONS of years old.
Yeah I was gonna say haha. Unless Rodan is 1/4th the age of the earth itself, I doubt he's that old! But hey Miguelnuva may have been exaggerating, I definitely understand and agree with his point!
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKong2005 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm

Yeah I was gonna say haha. Unless Rodan is 1/4th the age of the earth itself, I doubt he's that old! But hey Miguelnuva may have been exaggerating, I definitely understand and agree with his point!
If Titans were around before most prehistoric life on the planet that puts him at at least a billion or so years old. We have prehistoric life dating back 600+ million years ago.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

His profiles seem to imply him being a Pterosaur which would make his species not older than atleast the Late Jurassic- with him as an individual likely being younger. But personally due to the vagueness of the similarities described and the fact that he doesn't resemble a Pterosaur much beyond being a winged reptile I like the idea that he could be much more ancient offshot that evolved flight independently during the "radioactive earth" timeframe- perhaps even a relative or a member of the same Titan group as Godzilla.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm

My mistake I meant millions and typed Billions.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

Warbat/Nozuki at least partially inspired the jaculus or "javelin snake" of various mythologies.

How Pliny described the jaculus:

"The jaculus darts from the branches of trees; and it is not only to our feet that the serpent is formidable, for these fly through the air even, just as though they were hurled from an engine."
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

GojiDog wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:35 am In my own bizarro world head canon that is shaped entirely by my lifelong kaiju fandom, there is a whole backstory to the present day events of the MonsterVerse films involving the hierarchy and alliances between the Titans.

Godzilla, Kong, and Gamera are "The Three Kings", the King of the Sea (Godzilla), the King of the Land (Kong), and the King of the Sky (Gamera) and they all have alliances with different species of creatures and Titans. The Kongs rule over the various species you see on Skull Island with one Kong at the head and a much wider territory than we see in the films. Godzillas of course have their bonds to the Mothras and probably some of the various creatures you saw in KOTM. And Gamera, who in my mind is still a bio-mechanical creation of an ancient civilization is the King of those type of monsters, the artificially created ones.

For some reason, I have The Dark Crystal on the brain where the natural radiation of the planet that feeds the monsters is subsiding, and they are slowly dying off as the world evolves. Go back and watch The Dark Crystal when they talk about the Skeksis and the Mystics and how "Now, there are only 10". I picture a similar thing here. The Godzillas and the Kongs were once proud and mighty races...and now there are only a handful of each.

The ancient groups of humanoids all worship the various monsters and they have their own cultures. Obviously, Mothra's civilization involves her mystical fairies that serve as priestesses and there is an alliance between Mothra's followers and Godzilla's. The ones that created Gamera are probably the closest thing to a scientifically advanced society in this ancient world, while Kong's people take after him in the ways of hunting, survival, bravery, and ingenuity with creating primitive weapons and such.

King Ghidorah's arrival in the ancient past and his terraforming of Earth led to the the Pangea being separated into the Earth we see now, reducing the natural radiation the monsters fed on even further to almost nothing, and the Titans' world being irrevocably reshaped, killing most of them and forcing the rest into hibernation. This led to the super species of Mothras, Rodans, and Kongs to be almost entirely wiped out while the few survivors hibernated. Ghidorah also defeated Gamera and the bio-mechanics, leaving them in stasis underwater, waiting for the day to be reawakened. Our Godzilla, now the last of his kind, battled Ghidorah in Antarctica and defeated him with the help of a few other monsters, but the damage was already done and what was left of the Titans and their world was forced into hiding.

This almost has a LOTR backstory feel to it, but hey, lol. Its my head canon and I'll do what I want with it.
So Pangea was a thing in the Monsterverse thousands of years ago instead of millions like in reality?