MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Skullcrawlers' hyper metabolism slows as they age, and stops when they're fully grown; hence why the Big One was able to remain dormant for so long.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Dr. Serizawa didn't actually read that in a fortune cookie..he just said that to lighten up Mark Russell.

Erimaki Anguirus
Ronin

Post by Erimaki Anguirus »

- That the Mutos are the evolutionary link between mammals and insects, and that Muto Prime is like a "queen Muto" of sorts.

- That Titanus Quetzalcoatl is a subspecies of Titanus Radon.

- That Raijin a.k.a. Dagon is the brother of Godzilla.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Humanity needs Kong.

The world needs him.

KaijuCrazy02
Ronin

Post by KaijuCrazy02 »

Seatopia is one of the many Hollow Earth civilizations, and had advanced technology from an unknown source. Similar how to ancient civilizations in the Middle East had such complex ways to figure out the stars and planets, once their guardian monster Megalon lost his real arms (which look like Mantis arms,) they created large drills around the muscular nubs where his arms once were, powered by large stone cogs and gears.

When Megalon flexes the muscles where his arms once were, it presses down the lever in which is supposed to turn the cogs and gears on, thus making the large drills spin when he needs them to.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spoilers just in case.
Spoiler:
Skull Island's climate being destabilized and weather having wiped out the Iwi tribe was a result of King Ghidorah during the events of King of the Monsters given his ability to control weather and create category 6 hurricanes.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Spoiler tagging just to be safe:
Spoiler:
The Ancients created Kong's species, and this is what sparked the Titan War that ultimately resulted in the complete destruction of the Ancients' civilization.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

The myths of “Prometheus” and “sons of God” was based on an actual event that happened in distant past:
A member of Kong's species decided to bring Hollow Earth Energy to ancient humans. However, Godzilla's species was not approved of such idea and killed the Kongs who brought the secrets of Hollow Earth Energy to ancient humans. This was the origin of the rivalry between Godzillas and Kongs.

There were some landscapes on the surface that sank into the Hollow Earth.

There was a portal that leads to the Hollow Earth inside Mt.Olympus, which was the reason why ancient Greeks believed that their gods dwell in that mountain.

There were dinosaurs living in Skull Island and the Hollow Earth. Due to exposure to Titan radiation and Hollow Earth Energy. These dinosaurs managed to grow bigger and stronger than their ancestors, but not to the extent of Titans.

The Great Titan War took place after the invasion of King Ghidorah. King Ghidorah's invasion caused serious casualties to both Titans and Humans alike. Some humans decided to actively use Titans as weapons, rather than guardians.

An Alpha Class Titan has the free will to decide whether he/she should answer or follow the Alpha Call from other Alpha Titans.During the events of KOTM. Rodan ,Tiamat, Quetzalcoatl decided to follow King Ghidorah, while Mothra and Kong decided to ignore Ghidorah's Alpha Call.

The Anunnakis that surrounded Godzilla, was in fact Alpha or Beta Class Titans that were Humanized in an a rather early stage.

Anguiruses and Kongs are the two Titan species that often challenges Godzilla's throne.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

NSZ wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:08 pm Spoiler tagging just to be safe:
Spoiler:
The Ancients created Kong's species, and this is what sparked the Titan War that ultimately resulted in the complete destruction of the Ancients' civilization.
Oh, I like this. Like how
Spoiler:
Kongs are servants to the natives in Kong of Skull Island or like the gray gorillas in Congo
While I am here, from a friend of mine
Spoiler:
- The reason Godzillas and Kongs were on opposite side of the war is Kong's were DIRECTLY hunting Godzillas to use their spines for axes and other tools to utilize Hollow Earth energy, causing the Godzillas to actively rise up and fight back against the Kongs "farming". This is one of the reasons Kong dropping the ax and using it against Mechagodzilla was a big deal for Godzilla and one of the reasons he dipped: he could tell this one was different.
and from me
Spoiler:
- Kongs had an entire advanced civilization that built the ruins and weapons but it was destroyed in the War, leaving only the ancestors that came to Skull Island and regressed back to an ape like status. Kong using the ax based on instinct is the equivalent of Tarzan finding himself in London and vaguely figuring out how to use a fork from his toddler memories.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm Spoilers just in case.
Spoiler:
Skull Island's climate being destabilized and weather having wiped out the Iwi tribe was a result of King Ghidorah during the events of King of the Monsters given his ability to control weather and create category 6 hurricanes.
This one is really cool! It also makes me hope that
Spoiler:
Skull Island is stabilized in a future movie. The Hollow Earth is cool and belongs to Kong, so what if Skull Island became Godzilla's new home and the Monsterverse version of Monster Island?
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
The Iwi's actually survived the storm that seemingly swept them to their deaths, by staying on uprooted trees they used as rafts. They later washed ashore on a nearby island that will later become Farou Island.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

Here are my imagination of the “Anunnakis” from the Underwater city murals.

First, in real world. The term “Anunnaki” was at first applied to the most powerful and important deities in the Sumerian pantheon,the descendants of An and Ki. Including 7 gods that decree the Fate of men.An, Enlil, Enki, Ninhursag, Nanna, Utu, and Inanna. However, in later times, the term was applied to Chthonic deities. In modern times. Conspiracy theorists believed that Anunnakis were in fact ancient astronauts/aliens, some even believe that Anunnakis were reptilians.

Put that in mind, my idea of “Titanus Anunnaki” would be some kind of large Dinosauroid with wings or feathers. Titanus Anunnakis are Titans that forms a symbiosis with Godzilla's species. They are able to fly a short distance with their wings and dwells in Hollow Earth when they are not hunting with Godzillas and Mothras. Their skins and scales seem to have bioluminescent abilities that enable them to make intimidation display when facing threats like Mutos. When Monarch discovered the Titan, due to its similarities with the lore of Anunnakis, it was named Titanus Anunnaki by Monarch teams.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:52 am
NSZ wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:08 pm Spoiler tagging just to be safe:
Spoiler:
Oh, I like this. Like how
Spoiler:
Kongs are servants to the natives in Kong of Skull Island or like the gray gorillas in Congo
While I am here, from a friend of mine
Spoiler:
- The reason Godzillas and Kongs were on opposite side of the war is Kong's were DIRECTLY hunting Godzillas to use their spines for axes and other tools to utilize Hollow Earth energy, causing the Godzillas to actively rise up and fight back against the Kongs "farming". This is one of the reasons Kong dropping the ax and using it against Mechagodzilla was a big deal for Godzilla and one of the reasons he dipped: he could tell this one was different.
and from me
Spoiler:
- Kongs had an entire advanced civilization that built the ruins and weapons but it was destroyed in the War, leaving only the ancestors that came to Skull Island and regressed back to an ape like status. Kong using the ax based on instinct is the equivalent of Tarzan finding himself in London and vaguely figuring out how to use a fork from his toddler memories.
Oh goddamn I love this headcanon. Surprisingly dark and makes a lot of sense within the context we know. The Kongs helping the ancient races to hunt and harvest Godzilla's kind and other Titans resulting in a the dormer's violent retaliation could be a great explanation as to why the Kongs have been "exiled" to SI. It does make the GvK ending much more powerful.
Had a similar idea a couple of weeks ago that the act itself of facing a member of Godzilla's species in combat and carving out the battle axe from one of it's spines could have been a "rite of passage" type deal for Kongs, kinda like the Masai and Lions.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'm happy to report that my personal head canon that Rampage secretly takes place in the MonsterVerse has survived yet again unscathed. Nothing in Godzilla vs. Kong contradicts it! :D

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

LET'S GOOOOOO.
God I am fully subscribed to that theory.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

SoggyNoodles2016

I'll do you one better.

Every monster movie/franchise Legendary and WB has made in the last few years is in the Monsterverse.

The Meg? The Mariana Trench is part of the Hollow Earth.

The Jurassic World series? Part of the reason the dinosaur problem got so bad was both the rise of the Titans distracting clean up missions and some Titans protecting them as being part of their "natural" ecosystem.

The Great Wall? The meteor didn't wake up the Tao Tie, it awoke them from their dormancy. They're Titans.

The Pacific Rim series? The Titans drove off the Anteverse kaiju back in prehistoric times. That's why "conditions weren't right". Maybe they fell to the new kaiju in the alternate Pacific Rim universe or they just haven't woken up yet.....

The Legend of Tarzan? apparently, all of Tarzan's stories were true adventures. What were one of Tarzan's most common adventures? Exploring Pellicudar, a ancient civilization of monsters within THE HOLLOW EARTH
Spoiler:
and if you think this is ridiculous, keep in mind how many sci-fi/monster films we try to headcanon into the Godzilla series simply because Toho produced them
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 amThe Meg? The Mariana Trench is part of the Hollow Earth.
I used to have that a headcanon but not anymore as it doesn't work because Jonas was believed crazy when he told his story about the megalodon.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:12 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 amThe Meg? The Mariana Trench is part of the Hollow Earth.
I used to have that a headcanon but not anymore as it doesn't work because Jonas was believed crazy when he told his story about the megalodon.
Well, no one really has a clue about the Titans outside of Godzilla for a while in the Monsterverse. Not to mention as a prehistoric animal, it has less evidence then Godzilla.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:35 amWell, no one really has a clue about the Titans outside of Godzilla for a while in the Monsterverse. Not to mention as a prehistoric animal, it has less evidence then Godzilla.
Except The Meg took place in 2018, 4 years after the accidental relevance of titans to the public.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 am I'll do you one better.

Every monster movie/franchise Legendary and WB has made in the last few years is in the Monsterverse.

The Meg? The Mariana Trench is part of the Hollow Earth.

The Jurassic World series? Part of the reason the dinosaur problem got so bad was both the rise of the Titans distracting clean up missions and some Titans protecting them as being part of their "natural" ecosystem.

The Great Wall? The meteor didn't wake up the Tao Tie, it awoke them from their dormancy. They're Titans.

The Pacific Rim series? The Titans drove off the Anteverse kaiju back in prehistoric times. That's why "conditions weren't right". Maybe they fell to the new kaiju in the alternate Pacific Rim universe or they just haven't woken up yet.....

The Legend of Tarzan? apparently, all of Tarzan's stories were true adventures. What were one of Tarzan's most common adventures? Exploring Pellicudar, a ancient civilization of monsters within THE HOLLOW EARTH
Spoiler:
and if you think this is ridiculous, keep in mind how many sci-fi/monster films we try to headcanon into the Godzilla series simply because Toho produced them
This would be super fucking cool. At the very least Rampage could be connected to the MV somewhat
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: