MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by Pkmatrix »

G2000 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:snip
Heeey I didn't know you were a member on AlternateHistory Forums. :D
He has the same username there as he does here how did you miss that
What makes this funnier is that we've straight-up talked about how we're on both forums before. :lol:

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

King Ghidorah makes the old BIDIBIDIBIDI flying noise (not the roar, the flying noise) in the movie right before he lands, but there's no flapping sound. This makes me think that he can manipulate gravity to keep himself hovering in mid air without using his wings. He can also possibly float around without his wings instead of just floating in one place. He only makes that sound when he's manipulating gravity to do this, so that sound comes from all of his gravity manipulation which is only audible if he uses enough to keep something as heavy as himself afloat. His gravity beams also utilize a ton of gravity manipulation for concussive force and make the noise loudly, but the bidibidibidi during that is too drowned out by the eletrcical sounds to be audible.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

- The ancient mythological staple of a storm god slaying a giant reptilian sea monster (Yahweh slaying a Leviathan in Judeo-Christian religion, Hadad slaying Lotan in Canaanite mythology, Thor slaying Jormungandr in Norse mythology, the Hittite Tarhunz slaying Illuyanka) is in the Monsterverse a corruption of ancient retellings of Godzilla's numerous battles with Ghidorah, and the idea of Leviathan once having had a mate who was slain originates with ancient psychics's retellings of their encounters with Godzilla, who remembers how his own mate died in the jaws of Ghidorah many years ago (the novelization and one scene in the film seem to indicate that psychic powers do exist in the Monsterverse).

- Continuing the theme of myths being corrupted over time, Ghidorah has simultaneously served as an inspiration for gods, monsters, and demons, even some on the same pantheon; for example, his electrical nature, mastery over storms, multiple heads, regenerative abiities, and generally evil nature all helped to influence the Greek myths of Zeus, Typhon, and the Hydra just to name a few.

- The MUTO seen at the end of KoTM is a subspecies of the ones from G'14, one that did not evolve to use Godzillasaurs as hosts for their larvae or to reproduce out-of-control to the point where they threaten to overrun entire ecosystems. Rather, this species laid a fairly limited number of eggs at any one time and used natural sources of radiation to incubate them; as a result this species does not have the same sort of antagonistic relationship with Godzilla that the other MUTOs had. That being said they were fairly common prey items for predatory Titans in prehistoric times, hence the more spiky and armored appearance of it's back (doubling as a sort of camouflage in mountainous terrain as well as protection against predation).

- Not only did Anguirus and Baragon's respective species exist in the Monsterverse, but they are close relatives of Methuselah's species. Anguirosaurs in particular were intelligent, fierce competitors with Godzilla's species. Both would wage frequent battles over prey and territory, and both species would often take younger/smaller/older/weaker members of the other as prey. That being said the two species did prove capable of laying aside ancient rivalries in the wake of Ghidorah's assault on the planet 250 million years ago, as one of the Titans that aided Godzilla in the climactic battle that ended the P-T extinction was an alpha male Anguirus.

- Godzilla has a bad history with Kong's ancestors (as evidenced by the cave paintings showing Godzilla battling a member of Kong's species), largely becaus Megaprimatus troops would often gang up on him and try to steal his kills during his active periods in the Cenozoic era.

- As evidenced by the giant Triceratops skull in the Boneyard, Skull Island was once among the few locations where dinosaur populations survived and thrived in the wake of the K-T extinction event, with some growing to Titan-like sizes. Unfortunately the increased competition that arose after the arrival of the Kongs and even more so the attack of the Skullcrawlers many years later all but wiped out the dinosaurs on Skull Island, though a few may still survive deep within the island's jungles or within the Hollow Earth below.

- Kong's species used to be common throughout Southeast Asia, particularly in what is now Indonesia.
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

G2000 wrote: - The MUTO seen at the end of KoTM is a subspecies of the ones from G'14, one that did not evolve to use Godzillasaurs as hosts for their larvae or to reproduce out-of-control to the point where they threaten to overrun entire ecosystems. Rather, this species laid a fairly limited number of eggs at any one time and used natural sources of radiation to incubate them; as a result this species does not have the same sort of antagonistic relationship with Godzilla that the other MUTOs had.
I think the actual intent behind the KotM MUTO is that it's simply a female without a mate: no eggs means it won't attack Godzilla to host its larvae or overrun the planet, so Godzilla tolerates it.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Ivo-goji wrote:
G2000 wrote: - The MUTO seen at the end of KoTM is a subspecies of the ones from G'14, one that did not evolve to use Godzillasaurs as hosts for their larvae or to reproduce out-of-control to the point where they threaten to overrun entire ecosystems. Rather, this species laid a fairly limited number of eggs at any one time and used natural sources of radiation to incubate them; as a result this species does not have the same sort of antagonistic relationship with Godzilla that the other MUTOs had.
I think the actual intent behind the KotM MUTO is that it's simply a female without a mate: no eggs means it won't attack Godzilla to host its larvae or overrun the planet, so Godzilla tolerates it.
Perhaps, but it's also got the weirdly different spiky-looking back. Maybe she's an older female in the midst of transitioning into a Prime, but given that Godzilla seems to tolerate her I'm sticking with different subspecies
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Perhaps it could be individual variation, some have the spines and some don't. Although if she is a mate-less female of the 2014 species, she would have probably transformed into the next prime which means Godzilla would have to kill her. So I personally like the different subspecies idea myself.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I agree. The most logical explanation for MUTO 2019 behaviourly and morphology wise is that its a sub species.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Living corpse described the MUTOs perfectly as the platypus of kaiju. As in they really make zero sense logically.

Also the MUTOs are mammals according the Art of Destruction book
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

"Zeus" and not MCU "Thor" are VERY distant relatives of Kongs species that have more potent electricity producing organs

also kong has electricity producing organs because that don't activate until individuals of the species reach full maturity (apparently kong's parents were about his age in skull island when he was conceived) I mean hey, other animals can evolve them so I don't think its that far of a stretch

zilla is a subspecies of godzilla in a way similar to that of t-rex and albertosaurus.
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Albertosaurus isn't a subspecies of tyrannosaurus
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

master_of_monsters wrote:zilla is a subspecies of godzilla in a way similar to that of t-rex and albertosaurus.
Better way to describe this is they're related in the same way as how great apes and monkeys are. Zilla being a sister species. ;)

On a related note. Desghidorah is a species of ghidorah related to King Ghidorah the same way as how alligators and crocodiles are.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

I now it's super hypocritical of me but fuck it. If they take a big dump on Godzilla's characterization like I think they will and make him the antagonist, I'll consider GvK non canon.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I now it's super hypocritical of me but fuck it. If they take a big dump on Godzilla's characterization like I think they will and make him the antagonist, I'll consider GvK non canon.
Antagonist =/= evil or villain.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I now it's super hypocritical of me but fuck it. If they take a big dump on Godzilla's characterization like I think they will and make him the antagonist, I'll consider GvK non canon.
None of the movies are canon, only the tie in comics.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I think the Mutos are aliens, which explains their unusual biology.

Baragon, Varan, Gorosaurus, Manda, Anguirus, Zilla and Titanosaurus all exist. Zilla is a sub-species of Godzilla and Gorosaurus lives deep within Skull Island and is the alpha predator of the Skullcrawlers.

Rampage is canon to the Monsterverse, Jeffrey Dean Morgan works for Monarch as a user previously stated.

Other members of Godzilla's species resemble previous incarnations of Godzilla (imagine LegendaryGoji, MireGoji and MegaroGoji all in the same spot in the prehistoric era).

Krystalak and Obsidius exist, since the Magmaturtles and Rodan share similar biologies to Obsidius. Krystalak and Obsidius are not creations of Spacegodzilla in the Monsterverse.

Rhedosaurus is the great ancestor of Godzilla's species, this is a nod to the fact that Rhedosaurus was one of Godzilla's inspirations.

Ultraman exists, most likely Ultraman Tiga or an Ultra like him since his origin would fit the Monsterverse the best.

Gamera also exists, he's very much like the Heisei incarnation and him and Godzilla have met in the past.

Pigmon is a resident of Skull Island.

Events similar to the original 1933 film definitely occurred in Skull Island prior to the events of Kong: Skull Island and the novelization implies it.

Methuselah was the first titan and the alpha before Godzilla, he wasn't killed as they fought professionally and not to the death. So yes, I dub Methuselah as the first King of the Monsters.

The Muto in KOTM is a subspecies and submitted to Godzilla in hopes of not being annihilated like the other Mutos.

There is sexual dimorphism in Behemoth's species, males don't possess trunks while females do.

Megaguirus and the Meganulon exist, Megaguirus is the Meganulon's queen and was a rival of Mothra's.

Dinosaurs are hidden in Skull Island and not completely extinct or non existent, we haven't explored the Island in it's entirety so it's still possible.

Godzilla is indeed a dinosaur, he's the common ancestor of the dinosaurs.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Baragon is the top apex predator in the Hollow Earth and a predator to Skull Crawlers.

Godzilla and M.U.T.O.'s are the reason Skull Crawlers are no longer worldwide who encountered them in the past who have besides on Skull Island fled into the Hollow Earth. How Kong keeps them in check on Skull Island, the same Godzilla is with them worldwide and M.U.T.O.'s are also predators to Skull Crawlers.

King Ghidorah was responsible for the Permian-Triassic Extinction as well as the reason for why Mars and Venus are barren wastelands now once harboring life. Earth was lucky due to possessing giant monsters unlike them. During the Permian Period marked Godzilla's and King Ghidorah's rivalry with Godzilla driving King Ghidorah off of earth who'd eventually return during the last Ice Age (Thinking Godzilla is dead at this point) to finish off where he left off only to come into conflict with Godzilla again. Eventually one of their battles during historic times lead them to Antarctica where it ended with King Ghidorah being buried by an avalanche and Godzilla presuming him to be dead.

The Hollow Earth is what lead to the legends of both Hell and the Underworld in various mythologies. Its fauna also being the inspiration behind demons. Humans during history had also ventured into the Hollow Earth. Dante Alighieri most notably where his story Dante's Inferno came from which he wrote from his experience venturing down there. On top of being the inspiration of many dragons and serpents (Hydra and Rainbow Serpent most notably), King Ghidorah was also the inspiration of Satan.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

I took one look at some of these head canons, and oh man, there's some huge leaps in logic.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:zilla is a subspecies of godzilla in a way similar to that of t-rex and albertosaurus.
Better way to describe this is they're related in the same way as how great apes and monkeys are. Zilla being a sister species. ;)

On a related note. Desghidorah is a species of ghidorah related to King Ghidorah the same way as how alligators and crocodiles are.
I'm just here to point out that Albertosaurus is not at all a subspecies of Tyrannosaurus. They are both tyrannosaurs, but are not related like that. They're in two distinct subfamilies: Albertosaurinae and Tyrannosaurinae. I'd debate you on Tarbosaurus and Tyrannosaurus, as that is occasionally questioned among paleontologists, but that's besides the point.

Great apes (hominoids) and old world monkeys aren't sister species at all. You must have meant sister group.
master_of_monsters wrote:"Zeus" and not MCU "Thor" are VERY distant relatives of Kongs species that have more potent electricity producing organs
There’s probably no need in replying to this, but that's extremely convoluted. That's not going to work. :lol:
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:Great apes (hominoids) and old world monkeys aren't sister species at all. You must have meant sister group.
Ah thanks for the correction. In that case that's what both Godzilla and Zilla are. They're a sister group as great apes and monkeys are.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Disclaimer: Not my theory, but someone on TV Tropes beleives King Ghidorah's heads are: the Ego, the Superego, and the ID.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I never said albertosaurus was a subspecies of tyrannosaurus I just used the two as examples to explain my idea between godzilla and zilla, but whatever I guess :roll:

Added in 11 hours 48 minutes 12 seconds:
MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:"Zeus" and not MCU "Thor" are VERY distant relatives of Kongs species that have more potent electricity producing organs
There’s probably no need in replying to this, but that's extremely convoluted. That's not going to work. :lol:

whatever :roll:
your source of self destruction