MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
GuardianGhido
Interpol Agent

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Postby GuardianGhido » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:50 am

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Also, to be fair to Skaarsgard, had The Legend of Tarzan done better he WOULD be a bigger name star than he is. He's a perfectly fine as a leading man, and IMO a somewhat bigger name than Chandler, I just wish the rumor they'd gotten Frances McDormand had proven true.

Of course, it's possible Millie Bobby Brown becomes a bigger star post-Stranger Things 3 and - assuming she has a bigger part in GvK - they play her up more in GvK's advertising.

I think she turned it down shame though

Wait WHAT? Is MBB outta the Monsterverse too?! Did she turn down her role in GvK?! Explain!
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
Valkanai wrote:Bad luck had absolutely everything to do with those numbers, and denying that is just kind of being a hater.

You heard it here folks, if you have ANY criticisms towards this movie at all, you’re a bonafide Hater

That's... not what he said, dude.

dillonking55
Yin-Yang Master

Postby dillonking55 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:04 pm

He was talking about Frances McDormand. GvK is already done filming & we have set shots of MBB.

GuardianGhido
Interpol Agent

Postby GuardianGhido » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 pm

dillonking55 wrote:He was talking about Frances McDormand. GvK is already done filming & we have set shots of MBB.

Oh thank goodness, it would be devastating to lose one of the best acted human characters that are still left.

Also I'm still hoping the Monsterverse is more than likely to continue. One bad box office run shouldn't really change their minds. MV already had 2 decent successes, there should be more coming up hopefully.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
Valkanai wrote:Bad luck had absolutely everything to do with those numbers, and denying that is just kind of being a hater.

You heard it here folks, if you have ANY criticisms towards this movie at all, you’re a bonafide Hater

AtomicMorningBreath
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AtomicMorningBreath » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Shouldn't Mark and Madison Russell be dying of radiation poisoning in the next movie? They were very close to the monsters during the climax. Madison was practically at ground zero when Godzilla fired his atomic breath. I remember Rick making several jokes about not wanting to get close too Godzilla because of all the radiation he was emitting. Well, Madison and Mark got very close, so it would only make sense, or will they just forget that in the next movie?
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

GuardianGhido
Interpol Agent

Postby GuardianGhido » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:25 pm

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:Shouldn't Mark and Madison Russell be dying of radiation poisoning in the next movie? They were very close to the monsters during the climax. Madison was practically at ground zero when Godzilla fired his atomic breath. I remember Rick making several jokes about not wanting to get close too Godzilla because of all the radiation he was emitting. Well, Madison and Mark got very close, so it would only make sense, or will they just forget that in the next movie?

It's just a fan theory but I believe this Godzilla's radiation is generally either contained very closely around him like DBZ aura or completely focused on his targets when firing Atomic Breath, so unless you were literally on top of him or in the way of his attacks, it probably wouldn't harm you. If his ambient radiation was that wide ranged or that intensely affecting on non-targets, the soldiers moving around during the MUTO fight and the people gathered around his fallen form in 2014 would also be poisoned. This probably changed when he started transforming and not sooner then that. Critical mass is probably around the time he starts emitting radiation and heat in a wide area, culminating in the Fire form which is basically a walking nuclear explosion. (Also Mothra's energy/essence supposedly helped him to both control and amplify his critical mass radiation into such an effective form that allowed him to focus all the excess nuclear energy on Ghidorah in 3 controlled bursts)

Hope we get to see the Fire form in later movies too (Destroy All Monsters n stuff, possibly against a stronger gene spliced Ghidorah who won't be curbstomped so easily), hopefully next time Mothra won't die but instead maybe she could inject enough energy through her stinger or magically transfer it with her wings or antennae to allow Godzilla access to the form.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:

Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Hokmuto » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:Shouldn't Mark and Madison Russell be dying of radiation poisoning in the next movie? They were very close to the monsters during the climax. Madison was practically at ground zero when Godzilla fired his atomic breath. I remember Rick making several jokes about not wanting to get close too Godzilla because of all the radiation he was emitting. Well, Madison and Mark got very close, so it would only make sense, or will they just forget that in the next movie?

I think that line about Whitford is about the radiation from the surroundings rather than Godzilla. Remember Godzilla goes there to regenerate since there’s radiation. So I believe he’s referring to that.
Long Live The King

Gothicserpent
Futurian

Postby Gothicserpent » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:44 pm

I have hope that the MV will continue. But I think they'll focus on making smaller, less costly movies.

Perhaps give a solo kaiju film a try. Those always seem to do well at the box office instead of monsters fighting eachother for some reason.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

GuardianGhido wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Also, to be fair to Skaarsgard, had The Legend of Tarzan done better he WOULD be a bigger name star than he is. He's a perfectly fine as a leading man, and IMO a somewhat bigger name than Chandler, I just wish the rumor they'd gotten Frances McDormand had proven true.

Of course, it's possible Millie Bobby Brown becomes a bigger star post-Stranger Things 3 and - assuming she has a bigger part in GvK - they play her up more in GvK's advertising.

I think she turned it down shame though

Wait WHAT? Is MBB outta the Monsterverse too?! Did she turn down her role in GvK?! Explain!

Frances McDormand. Millie's already finished filming GVK

dillonking55 beat me to it.lol
Last edited by Godzilla2000Zero on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Vakanai
Interpol Agent

Postby Vakanai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:22 pm

I had assumed Rick's joking of radiation was more to do about that weird radioactive light thing Godzilla was basking by than Godzilla himself.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:42 pm

If that was the case shouldn't Ford be dying as well alongside his family whom made contact with him at the end of the film or anyone around them alone?

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Postby vibramrunner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:01 am

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:Shouldn't Mark and Madison Russell be dying of radiation poisoning in the next movie? They were very close to the monsters during the climax.

According to the film's logic, they were only exposed to "good" radiation should grow 10-20 feet by GvsK with amazing health benefits. Godzilla 3: Rise of the Gargantuas ;)

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:38 am

vibramrunner wrote:
AtomicMorningBreath wrote:Shouldn't Mark and Madison Russell be dying of radiation poisoning in the next movie? They were very close to the monsters during the climax.

According to the film's logic, they were only exposed to "good" radiation should grow 10-20 feet by GvsK with amazing health benefits. Godzilla 3: Rise of the Gargantuas ;)

So, this world's version of War of the Gargantuas is gonna be a marital/divorce dispute with giant monsters?
Resized Image

JesstrK wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Ahhh the Godzilla vs Kong thread, my favorite place to discuss A Quiet Place

I know, right? There's like a whole page dedicated to it! I sure am glad I stumbled into the Godzilla vs Kong thread out of idle curiosity, I was beginning to think I'd never find a place to talk about A Quiet Place. Maybe they should just cancel GvK altogether so we can all go see A Quiet Place 2 and discuss that here come March 2020?

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 am

It's always been fuzzy on how 'Godzilla absorbs radiation like a sponge' and 'Godzilla leaks radiation everywhere and mutates sea lice into monsters' ideas coexist.

Like the first thing would make me think Godzilla's proximity would have less radioactivity than any other place on Earth, because he's drawing the stuff into his body.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am

ManuJM1997 wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:

So, this world's version of War of the Gargantuas is gonna be a marital/divorce dispute with giant monsters?

Let them eat cake every night.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

Moogabunga wrote:Shin Godzilla is trash

私は機械の翻訳でインターネット他人をあざ笑う

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 am

Ivo-goji wrote:It's always been fuzzy on how 'Godzilla absorbs radiation like a sponge' and 'Godzilla leaks radiation everywhere and mutates sea lice into monsters' ideas coexist.

Like the first thing would make me think Godzilla's proximity would have less radioactivity than any other place on Earth, because he's drawing the stuff into his body.

Sea lice drink his radioactive blood.

Also seems to depend on the writer/version of Godzilla. 1954 was the most leaky, while Shin seemed the most spongy.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:It's always been fuzzy on how 'Godzilla absorbs radiation like a sponge' and 'Godzilla leaks radiation everywhere and mutates sea lice into monsters' ideas coexist.

Also seems to depend on the writer/version of Godzilla. 1954 was the most leaky, while Shin seemed the most spongy.

Shin was leaky when he used his breath, I think they said they would need a month to move back into Tokyo.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Shin was leaky when he used his breath, I think they said they would need a month to move back into Tokyo.

I mean, it only makes sense that his breath would leak radiation, considering it is radiation.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Hokmuto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Still waiting on my Dogzilla vs Kat Kong crossover :roll:
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

ClandestineCanine9
Ronin

Postby ClandestineCanine9 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:08 am

I think the MonsterVerse would be a good place to finally realize the Godzilla vs. Godzilla idea that's been thrown around for decades. we already know that Gojira isn't a mutated, one-of-a-kind creature in this continuity, he is just one member of a once globally dominant species, and we know that he isn't the only one to exist during the time of man, as Dagon was witnessed fighting Jinshin-Mushi by humans. another Godzilla could pop up, and angered by the folly of man or something, lash out against humanity, or even the other titans, making humans fear for their lives that Godzilla had turned on them, the only sign that it's not him being the dorsal plates, then the Godzilla shows up and beats the bastard into submission for disrupting balance.
Last edited by ClandestineCanine9 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ゴジラ!/モスラ!/ギドラ!

LockBite
Interpol Agent

Postby LockBite » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:30 am

The proximity to Godzilla wasn’t the issue. It was the radiation emitting from the cavern Godzilla was sleeping in.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Current)”