MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Assuming the MonsterVerse continues. Like to see more Titans. A list I'd like to see.

-Titanus Anubis (Egypt)
-Titanus Burrunjor (Australia)
-Titanus Chupacabra (Puerto Rico)
-Titanus Dingonek (Africa; Lake Victoria)
-Titanus Emela-Ntouka (Africa)
-Titanus Fenrir (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Jersey Devil (New Jersey; Pine Barrens)
-Titanus Jormungandr (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Kasai Rex (Africa)
-Titanus Lusca (Bahamas; Blue Hole/Bermuda Triangle)
-Titanus Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu (Africa)
-Titanus Ogopogo (Canada; Lake Okanagan)
-Titanus Phoenix (Greece)
-Titanus Piasa (Illinois)
-Titanus Roc (Middle East)
-Titanus Sasquatch (Canada)
-Titanus Sobek (Egypt)
-Titanus Surtr (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Tarasque (France)
-Titanus Thunderbird (Missouri)
-Titanus Wendigo (Canada)
-Titanus Yeti (Tibet; Himalayas)
-Titanus Ymir (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Yowie (Australia)

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Wouldn’t be surprised if a HBOMax Monsterverse series is announced. Legendary produces some good sci-fi shows, so wouldn’t be surprised if WB plays along with Legendary for a show on their new streaming service. WB does need to keep producing new content on it to stay alive. I’d say some interesting news is coming with this.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

If Godzilla vs Kong is successful, I assume the next installments will definitely come in 2023 (Kong 2) and 2024 (Godzilla 3)
Yooo 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Assuming the MonsterVerse continues. Like to see more Titans. A list I'd like to see.

-Titanus Anubis (Egypt)
-Titanus Burrunjor (Australia)
-Titanus Chupacabra (Puerto Rico)
-Titanus Dingonek (Africa; Lake Victoria)
-Titanus Emela-Ntouka (Africa)
-Titanus Fenrir (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Jersey Devil (New Jersey; Pine Barrens)
-Titanus Jormungandr (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Kasai Rex (Africa)
-Titanus Lusca (Bahamas; Blue Hole/Bermuda Triangle)
-Titanus Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu (Africa)
-Titanus Ogopogo (Canada; Lake Okanagan)
-Titanus Phoenix (Greece)
-Titanus Piasa (Illinois)
-Titanus Roc (Middle East)
-Titanus Sasquatch (Canada)
-Titanus Sobek (Egypt)
-Titanus Surtr (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Tarasque (France)
-Titanus Thunderbird (Missouri)
-Titanus Wendigo (Canada)
-Titanus Yeti (Tibet; Himalayas)
-Titanus Ymir (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Yowie (Australia)
Wholeheartedly agree to Fenrir, seriously we could need more wolf based monsters!

Emela-Ntouka and Mbeilu could make food rivals for Mokele since they're all reptilian monsters from the same place. Lusca though,seems kinda unnecessary since we already have Kraken. Also Roc, Thunderbird and Phoenix could all just be the same Titan.

Also,for the more ape like ones (Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie) all of them are.just subspecies of Kong and KSI 2 is the big family reunion. :P the rest sound fine too.
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:Also,for the more ape like ones (Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie) all of them are.just subspecies of Kong and KSI 2 is the big family reunion. :P the rest sound fine too.
That's actually my idea. Titanus Sasquatch, Yeti and Yowie are Titans closely related to Titanus Kong.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

So I've been thinking, alot of people are saying that the Monsterverse needs to have a big bad like Thanos. Well, to me, that seems not necessary here. The Monsterverse is a world where giant monsters are constantly battling each other and destroying cities, so technically each of the monsters could be the big bad.

It's not like with the MCU were the heroes keep facing an ever increasing threat. That doesn't work with a world most of the threats are all ready at an world ending level.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It's not necessary, but if it happens I'd look forward to it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

Well with GvK being delayed to November next year with it facing both Eternals and Raya I think it's a safe bet that there won't be anything for the Monsterverse beyond 2020 so we enjoy what we do have for the Monsterverse while we can cause as soon as 2020 comes and goes that'll be it.
Last edited by kaijuguy19 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

kaijuguy19 wrote:Well with GvK being delayed to November next year with it facing both Eternals and Raya I think it's a safe bet that there won't be anything for the Monsterverse beyond 2020 so we enjoy what we do have for the Monsterverse while we can cause as soon as 2020 comes and goes that'll be it.
You've said this 6 times within 3 days.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:Well with GvK being delayed to November next year with it facing both Eternals and Raya I think it's a safe bet that there won't be anything for the Monsterverse beyond 2020 so we enjoy what we do have for the Monsterverse while we can cause as soon as 2020 comes and goes that'll be it.
I know but that still doesn't make it less true. We need to face the harsh truth. The GA and critics here doesn't care enough about giant monsters for the Monsterverse to thrive and whatever good faith they've had in it was demolished the moment KOTM came into being. The sooner we come to accept the possibility of the Monsterverse not thriving beyond 2020 the better.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

kaijuguy19 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
I know but that still doesn't make it less true. We need to face the harsh truth. The GA and critics here doesn't care enough about giant monsters for the Monsterverse to thrive and whatever good faith they've had in it was demolished the moment KOTM came into being. The sooner we come to accept the possibility of the Monsterverse not thriving beyond 2020 the better.
This is a pretty suspicious comment, have you had an account on here before?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's really strange how people had this grand idea that the MonsterVerse was going to amount to anything beyond GVK. Really, if KOTM was a hit where would it have gone? More Toho monsters that nobody knows? Scrounging through WB's catalog for boring rehashes from shitty 50's B-movies?

People who thought this was going to be a Marvel-type thing really were kidding themselves.

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:This is a pretty suspicious comment, have you had an account on here before?
This is a really weird comment, especially from someone who's not even been here for more than a year. Sure you're not a dupe account? It can be thrown both ways.

I know kaijuguy19 from other sites. He's the furthest thing from a dupe account.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote:It's really strange how people had this grand idea that the MonsterVerse was going to amount to anything beyond GVK. Really, if KOTM was a hit where would it have gone? More Toho monsters that nobody knows? Scrounging through WB's catalog for boring rehashes from shitty 50's B-movies?

People who thought this was going to be a Marvel-type thing really were kidding themselves.

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:This is a pretty suspicious comment, have you had an account on here before?
This is a really weird comment, especially from someone who's not even been here for more than a year. Sure you're not a dupe account? It can be thrown both ways.

I know kaijuguy19 from other sites. He's the furthest thing from a dupe account.
We've had 6-7 heads on this forum who repeated the exact same thing repeatedly till ban, since i've joined.

Excuse me for being suspicious.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: We've had 6-7 heads on this forum who repeated the exact same thing repeatedly till ban, since i've joined.

Excuse me for being suspicious.
Believe me, when you've been here long enough you know how to spot dupes and past members under new aliases. This isn't one of those times.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

Truth be told I've been venting. Yeah I know that isn't professional but since KOTM underperformed I wasn't too sure about the future of the Monsterverse and the delay of GvK didn't help matters. Yeah delays can help but they can also do otherwise and it facing competition by Disney's movies that same month is beyond suicidal. So whatever hope I've had for the Monsterverse's future has been greatly diminished if not outright decimated.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

For me personally, the only thing that could stomp out a Godzilla film without question would be a Star Wars film or an MCU event film.

Marvel solos i still feel like lack a certain substance in their story-telling to be considered 'dangerous', and Pixar imo is aimed at a completely different demographic.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

kaijuguy19 wrote:Truth be told I've been venting. Yeah I know that isn't professional but since KOTM underperformed I wasn't too sure about the future of the Monsterverse and the delay of GvK didn't help matters. Yeah delays can help but they can also do otherwise and it facing competition by Disney's movies that same month is beyond suicidal. So whatever hope I've had for the Monsterverse's future has been greatly diminished if not outright decimated.
What I'd say is wait a little before going full doom and gloom. We haven't seen one tick of marketing. No footage, no pictures, no interviews, no teasers, no art. Thats not even to say reviews. So I'm holding out until we get more concrete info then deciding if I'll jump off the roof or not
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Garzon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Garzon »

kaijuguy19 wrote:Truth be told I've been venting. Yeah I know that isn't professional but since KOTM underperformed I wasn't too sure about the future of the Monsterverse and the delay of GvK didn't help matters. Yeah delays can help but they can also do otherwise and it facing competition by Disney's movies that same month is beyond suicidal. So whatever hope I've had for the Monsterverse's future has been greatly diminished if not outright decimated.
GvK still would’ve had to face off against Disney movies if it kept the March release date.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, people need to understand that competition isn't limited to large-scale event movies and that there's always going to be something to fight against. Movies come out almost every week and that means more screens that need to be filled in the theater so stuff is pushed out regardless of its projected audience. For example in the Regal I work at, GVK will probably get the largest screens on its opening weekend and then be pushed out a week or two into a smaller theater in the building later by the next new release. We'll still have it running but stuff is moved around constantly and no movie stays in the same place. Even when movies are still running in one theater, they could be gone in another. We had Terminator: Dark Fate for all of one week before it was kicked out of our theater but another one the town over still had it playing.

Worry less about what's going to drive people from GVK and worry more about driving people to GVK.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:It's really strange how people had this grand idea that the MonsterVerse was going to amount to anything beyond GVK. Really, if KOTM was a hit where would it have gone? More Toho monsters that nobody knows? Scrounging through WB's catalog for boring rehashes from shitty 50's B-movies?

The same thing could be said about the MCU pre Avengers. You only need Godzilla and Kong to start and then you introduce more breakouts. For example based on KOTM Behemoth could have starred in a lower budget film for example.

The MCU didn't become king by playing safe, they took a lot of nearly unknown properties, told good stories and built a relationship with the Audience.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image