GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Titans seem to be anything that Humans have a hard time killing. The crew in skull island were giving the skull crawlers a good fight so I say not Titans.
The baby Skull Crawlers...humans were getting wiped out by Ramarak who may or may not be an actual adult Skull Crawler.
Ramarak is a super skull crawler and would be closer to a Titan. I strictly talking about the small ones because Kong stops them from getting big.
Living Corpse wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Titans seem to be anything that Humans have a hard time killing. The crew in skull island were giving the skull crawlers a good fight so I say not Titans.
The baby Skull Crawlers...humans were getting wiped out by Ramarak who may or may not be an actual adult Skull Crawler.
Yeah as I pointed out in another thread, the ones that killed Kong's parents were much bigger, Skull Devil might have just been a teenager just like Kong and all the adults were dead, and Kong tries to kill them before they even reach teenagehood let alone adulthood.
I thought they said the one in the movie is what killed his parents? Kong and the Skull crawlers seem to need to grow into Titanhood,
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by BlankAccount »

miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Ramarak is a super skull crawler and would be closer to a Titan. I strictly talking about the small ones because Kong stops them from getting big.
Living Corpse wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: The baby Skull Crawlers...humans were getting wiped out by Ramarak who may or may not be an actual adult Skull Crawler.
Yeah as I pointed out in another thread, the ones that killed Kong's parents were much bigger, Skull Devil might have just been a teenager just like Kong and all the adults were dead, and Kong tries to kill them before they even reach teenagehood let alone adulthood.
I thought they said the one in the movie is what killed his parents? Kong and the Skull crawlers seem to need to grow into Titanhood,
Remember how big Kon's parents skeleton was, Kong wasn't even close to their size, neither was the Skull Devil. I think all the adult Skullcrawlers died, and Skull Devil was just a teenager like him. Also agree on the growing into titans thing. While not harmed by bullets in any fatal way, Kong still bled, and had missiles or rockets been used they might have killed him at that point and he was incapacitated by napalm. Though once he reaches aadulthood, he might be too big for anything less than rockets and missiles to get through his much thicker hide. Heck nothing short of Godzilla's breath might be able to burn him at that point as I feel adult Kong won't even notice napalm.

It's even possible Kong might grow to be bigger than what is normal for his species, like how 6 foot is normal for male humans but we have men and women grow taller than that sometimes.

Also, pics for reference on the Skull Devil being maybe a teen and not fully grown.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

GoWhaleTours wrote:It’s a shame the big finale movie likely won’t have either monster in their home cities of NYC or Tokyo.
Yeah it's looking that way. Big missed opportunity. What would have been a neat little twist is have Kong win in Tokyo, Godzilla win in NYC.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:One place I'd love for a fight to occur in is Australia.

Australia is long overdue for an attack.
I feel similarly. Outside of Final Wars and Pacific Rim I can’t recall Australia featuring in a major way in a kaiju film.

If the filming locations and crew t-shirts are to believed there should be a battle in Hong Kong. HK’s neat and all but we already had a really neat Hong Kong battle in PR, and to be honest it’s going to be really embarrassing if the current protests go sideways and Beijing makes sure any movie with Hong Kong gets Shanghai’ed
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Fight 1: Skull Island

Fight 2: Hong Kong

Final battle against giant planet-sized SpaceGodzilla: Tokyo
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Still hoping most of the action occurs in the Hollow Earth.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Skull Island

Tokyo

New York City

would've been so easy and would've been perfect. But, if this is the track they're on then I'll assume:

Skull Island

Hong Kong

East Coast of the U.S. ( Maybe in NY State at least, We need love too)
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: The baby Skull Crawlers...humans were getting wiped out by Ramarak who may or may not be an actual adult Skull Crawler.
Living Corpse wrote:
Remember how big Kong's parents skeleton was, Kong wasn't even close to their size, neither was the Skull Devil. I think all the adult Skullcrawlers died, and Skull Devil was just a teenager like him. Also agree on the growing into titans thing. While not harmed by bullets in any fatal way, Kong still bled, and had missiles or rockets been used they might have killed him at that point and he was incapacitated by napalm. Though once he reaches adulthood, he might be too big for anything less than rockets and missiles to get through his much thicker hide. Heck nothing short of Godzilla's breath might be able to burn him at that point as I feel adult Kong won't even notice napalm.

It's even possible Kong might grow to be bigger than what is normal for his species, like how 6 foot is normal for male humans but we have men and women grow taller than that sometimes.
You also have to remember that the credit scene for G:KOTM suggests Kong's species, as adults, grow to be nearly Godzilla's full size, give or take 50 feet. And you nailed the other point, Living Corpse. That the reason Kong was being injured was because he's a kid. Tripling in size shows these creatures will gain VAST durability. It's the reason we see the baby Skull Crawlers killed by fumes and fire but the adults are crawling out of lava in those pictures you linked. Kong is growing FAST, meaning his durability will be through the roof by 2020 as will his strength and speed and all that good stuff. And his weight won't be a problem at all. I can easily see him being 65,000 to 75,000 tons or more considering how much Rodan weighs at 154 feet.
Ryguy wrote:Fight 1: Skull Island

Fight 2: Hong Kong

Final battle against giant planet-sized SpaceGodzilla: Tokyo
Please be joking about that last part :lol:
Ivo-goji wrote:Still hoping most of the action occurs in the Hollow Earth.
You know what'd be sick? If we get a Skull Island battle (where Kong is much more evenly matched since he has home-field advantage) and then they tackle each other off a cliff into the oceans of Skull Island. We get an underwater battle and see Godzilla is winning, then imagine if Kong takes the battle to the hollow earth and they start fighting in there. Godzilla starts winning before Kong manages to retreat, but because he's in the hollow earth he'll end up popping up around somewhere in a city like Hong Kong. Godzilla follows him there and then we get the most rad city battle.

Know what should happen next? One gets knocked out with the other roaring in victory, but then they pass out or something and then the loser wakes up and instead of killing the winner just walks away out of respect and knowing one needs the other to survive (have it be shown that Skull Island has titans other than the Skull Crawlers that Kong has been battling and winning to not leave Skull Island). That would show one literally needs the other to survive. No cheap predictable team up, we get something to look forward to post-GvK, furthering the dynamic of both Kong and Godzilla's relationship, opening the door to many possibilities involving Kong and Mothra and Rodan, fleshing out Kong and the other titan's relationships, a possible rematch between Godzilla and Kong where the loser of GvK would win (but a far bigger Mothra intervenes), and a DAM event fleshed out through the course of 4 or 5 movies. But we can't get a team up now. It will ruin the point of GvK, let's just get the look of respect (we got a fucking bow, how much worse is a look of respect) as they part ways. If we get a team up in the future it will be much more impactful since it isn't being squeezed into one film like how the oxygen destroyer and Burning Godzilla was squeezed into KOTM. We cant get Burning Godzilla again since any impact/fear it would have sparked would be virtually gone since we know "Godzilla can survive this". So we already had like 3 or 4 major things ruined with KOTM, don't ruin the impact a Team Up could spark if you have it in the movie the two kaiju are set to fight in.
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

G2000 wrote:I feel similarly. Outside of Final Wars and Pacific Rim I can’t recall Australia featuring in a major way in a kaiju film.

If the filming locations and crew t-shirts are to believed there should be a battle in Hong Kong. HK’s neat and all but we already had a really neat Hong Kong battle in PR, and to be honest it’s going to be really embarrassing if the current protests go sideways and Beijing makes sure any movie with Hong Kong gets Shanghai’ed
Poop apparently forgot those two. :lol:

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

What if....Godzilla accidentally killed the Iwie's, and pisses Kong off?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I want a Tokyo fight but I'm fine with not getting one if we get a fantasy battleground to make up for it. Monsterverse has been doing a good job having fantastical areas like the Showa area, a Hollow Earth battle would be cool, specially if there's an ancient city there, maybe some lava, maybe some giant crystals. Crystals get huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7yfx0ejELg

Let's have a memorable battleground. As much as Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla get's hate, the battle stood out to me because of his crystal fortress. Plus it'd be cool to see Skull Island explored some more. I doubt we've seen everything those islands have to offer.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Is everyone forgetting about Florida being in the movie? One of the battles is highly likely to be there
Long Live The King

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Hokmuto wrote:Is everyone forgetting about Florida being in the movie? One of the battles is highly likely to be there

I actually forgot about that, as a FL resident I can't wait to see that sequence haha!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Hokmuto wrote:Is everyone forgetting about Florida being in the movie? One of the battles is highly likely to be there
Just cause a movie is filmed somewhere doesn't mean the story takes place there.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Living Corpse wrote:Heck nothing short of Godzilla's breath might be able to burn him at that point as I feel adult Kong won't even notice napalm.
Kong kinda waded through the napalm. It seemed to hurt him a little bit but I think it was more about the napalm sucking all the oxygen out of the surrounding era that the fire itself. I mean he's shown not too worse for wear a few moments later.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Just cause a movie is filmed somewhere doesn't mean the story takes place there.
That’s the thing though; while the the scenes in question were filmed in Hawaii, they were set in Pensacola, Florida (as evidenced by set photos showing police cars marked as “Pensacola Police” and weather vans marked “Pensacola Storm Watch”, among other things.)

There was some filming in Florida, though, but evidently even that was set in Florida (though oddly while they filmed in a Miami high school they changed the setting to “Tallahassee Magnet High” - is this supposed to be Maddie’s new school?)

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Heck nothing short of Godzilla's breath might be able to burn him at that point as I feel adult Kong won't even notice napalm.
Kong kinda waded through the napalm. It seemed to hurt him a little bit but I think it was more about the napalm sucking all the oxygen out of the surrounding era that the fire itself. I mean he's shown not too worse for wear a few moments later.
Not to mention the napalm doesn't even manage to get past his skin. It was the oxygen problem, not the heat of the napalm.
Image Image

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

In the KoTM novelization Behemoth’s fur is shown to be fireproof when MONARCH tries and fails to kill him with a giant flamethrower, maybe Kong’s fur is a similar story

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

G2000 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
That’s the thing though; while the the scenes in question were filmed in Hawaii, they were set in Pensacola, Florida (as evidenced by set photos showing police cars marked as “Pensacola Police” and weather vans marked “Pensacola Storm Watch”, among other things.)

There was some filming in Florida, though, but evidently even that was set in Florida (though oddly while they filmed in a Miami high school they changed the setting to “Tallahassee Magnet High” - is this supposed to be Maddie’s new school?)
Huh, interesting.
KingKong2005 wrote:
Not to mention the napalm doesn't even manage to get past his skin. It was the oxygen problem, not the heat of the napalm.
It almost backfired on Packerd too, I distinctly remember King Kong splashing the napalm back at some of the soldiers. I think it did burn some of his skin, but only surface level. I have to rewatch the movie.
G2000 wrote:
In the KoTM novelization Behemoth’s fur is shown to be fireproof when MONARCH tries and fails to kill him with a giant flamethrower, maybe Kong’s fur is a similar story
Yeah I remember reading that. Powers seem rare in the Monsterverse (like the early Showa era) but if you're a kaiju with fur, your hair better have a higher burning point than normal hair.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

Rodan95 wrote:What if....Godzilla accidentally killed the Iwie's, and pisses Kong off?
I can see that happening. Whatever funky things are going on at Skull Island attracts a bunch of Titans there when they don't belong on that island. Godzilla shows up to restore balance and run them off, and destroys the village in the process. Kong pursues out of revenge. Or at the least, initiates the first battle between them.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."