GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by BlankAccount »

If there's other monsters, I hope the Argo does more in this movie than the last. It felt like it was kind just there, give it a nice mix of both real and sci-fi weapons, fight Rodan or something. Let it become as memeroable as the Super-Xs and not forgettable like all the super anti-kaiju aircraft from the 2000s.
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd love to see a Kaiju fight in the Suburbs for once.

Can't get much more "close to home" than that. Neighbors, kids, everyone knows each other yet entire districts are getting wiped out due to the ferocious fights going on.
Resident of a suburb, I love the idea. It makes sense too, travling from city to city during their rampages you know they hit some suburbs on the way. I think the female MUTO went through a suburb at one point in 2014.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:If there's other monsters, I hope the Argo does more in this movie than the last. It felt like it was kind just there, give it a nice mix of both real and sci-fi weapons, fight Rodan or something. Let it become as memeroable as the Super-Xs and not forgettable like all the super anti-kaiju aircraft from the 2000s.
Yeah the Argo was one of the coolest things in the movie as the "Flagship of Monarch". Arm it with maser cannons, cadmium missiles, maybe even the absolute zero cannon and we can have a ship that can take on Kaiju on it's own. Monarch as a whole was one of my favorite things about the movie (SHIELD but for Kaiju, what's not to love?). Competent, resourceful and likeable. It's why I want a Monarch TV series. Maybe we can get some other vehicles/machines for Monarch in the future too? maybe even the Gotengo?
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

I know this might sound ludicrous, but I really hope the marketing focuses a lot more on humans/drama, focus on that human conspiracy from the plot synopsis, give away some good dialogue as opposed to non stop monster shots. Marketing much closer to 2014 as opposed to KOTM
Last edited by Moogabunga on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:If there's other monsters, I hope the Argo does more in this movie than the last. It felt like it was kind just there, give it a nice mix of both real and sci-fi weapons, fight Rodan or something. Let it become as memeroable as the Super-Xs and not forgettable like all the super anti-kaiju aircraft from the 2000s.
Yeah the Argo was one of the coolest things in the movie as the "Flagship of Monarch". Arm it with maser cannons, cadmium missiles, maybe even the absolute zero cannon and we can have a ship that can take on Kaiju on it's own. Monarch as a whole was one of my favorite things about the movie (SHIELD but for Kaiju, what's not to love?). Competent, resourceful and likeable. It's why I want a Monarch TV series. Maybe we can get some other vehicles/machines for Monarch in the future too? maybe even the Gotengo?
I can picture the Argo carrying, among other things, Cadmium Missiles, Drill Rockets, Lasers, Masers, Liquid Nitrogen Bombs, Electric Nets, and

LE GASP!

Bunker Busters.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:No one likes a dog who bows (like bitch-ass Rodan), so I hope they don't go the "bend-the-knee" route.
My inner Rodan just died.

RIP

Showa Rodan

1956 - 1968

You were Godzilla's first true equal.
Rodan took on Ghidorah by himself and then likely saw Godzilla do the same and end up dead. What was he suppose to do, fighting a losing battle like Future Gohan? KOTM proved Rodan is still retained his intelligence.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:No one likes a dog who bows (like bitch-ass Rodan), so I hope they don't go the "bend-the-knee" route.

RIP

Showa Rodan

1956 - 1968

Rodan took on Ghidorah by himself and then likely saw Godzilla do the same and end up dead. What was he suppose to do, fighting a losing battle like Future Gohan? KOTM proved Rodan is still retained his intelligence.
But lost his balls to KG.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

RIP

Showa Rodan

1956 - 1968

But lost his balls to KG.
The same guy that beat him and manhandled Godzilla twice and later was handling a powered up Godziila. Godzilla had to get super charged and then fuse with Mothra to defeat Ghidorah, I'm giving Rodan a pass here.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm not. When both Godzilla AND Mothra are gaining up on King Ghidorah, nows his chance to backstab KG and become the Trifacta Earth Monsters like in GTHHM.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Living Corpse wrote:I'm not. When both Godzilla AND Mothra are gaining up on King Ghidorah, nows his chance to backstab KG and become the Trifacta Earth Monsters like in GTHHM.
Nods hard.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:I'm not. When both Godzilla AND Mothra are gaining up on King Ghidorah, nows his chance to backstab KG and became the Trifacta Earth Monsters like in GTHHM.
While I would have liked that, as said before it took Mothra and Godzilla fusing plus a distraction to put down Ghidorah. Rodan made all the right choices especially after he tried to take Ghidorah himself. I love and Godzilla and Mothra stood up to Ghidorah to the end but if you look at KOTM from just a neutral battle scenario Godzilla and Mothra are kinda on the stupid side.

Added in 58 seconds:
I love Luke Skywalker, he's my favorite hero all time and my favorite Star Wars character but he should have gone no where near cloud city.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I'm not. When both Godzilla AND Mothra are gaining up on King Ghidorah, nows his chance to backstab KG and became the Trifacta Earth Monsters like in GTHHM.
While I would have liked that, as said before it took Mothra and Godzilla fusing plus a distraction to put down Ghidorah. Rodan made all the right choices especially after he tried to take Ghidorah himself. I love and Godzilla and Mothra stood up to Ghidorah to the end but if you look at KOTM from just a neutral battle scenario Godzilla and Mothra are kinda on the stupid side.

Added in 58 seconds:
I love Luke Skywalker, he's my favorite hero all time and my favorite Star Wars character but he should have gone no where near cloud city.
What? The stupid side? They are fighting for survival how is that the stupid side, I would say betraying YOUR earth comrades is treason and Rodan should get the death penalty.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

Added in 58 seconds:
What? The stupid side? They are fighting for survival how is that the stupid side, I would say betraying YOUR earth comrades is treason and Rodan should get the death penalty.
Ghidorah was destroying human life, had he been a direct threat to Godzilla and Mothra then by all means continue fighting. Godzilla and Mothra are brave and are fighting for a natural world order but to continue fighting a losing battle is why I call brave but stupid. Ghidorah is likely putting them down simple because they don't follow him versus Earth not being able to sustain life for them when he is finishing doing what ever it is.

I'm not saying their wrong and I'm not saying I wouldn't root from them just that I'm not faulting Rodan for the choice he made when he also already tried his hand against Ghidorah.

Added in 2 minutes 19 seconds:
That's why I compared it to Luke in ESB. We're all rooting for Luke and what Luke does is brave and being a good friend but it's also a stupid choice if you look at it from a neutral standing. Luke is no where near Vader's league and Vader puts Luke down in two blows when he's serious.

What Godzilla was doing would be Luke picking the lightsaber back up with one hand and rushing Vader again.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Rodan didn't get to see that Mothra and Godzilla were beating Ghidorah together because Mothra was so preoccupied with Rodan.
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As cool as the fusion was imagine if Rodan would have thought Mothra was his Alpha do to her winning and then helps Godzilla beat Ghidorah instead. Or better yet Rodan was pretending to serve Ghidorah so it could lure Ghidorah into a 3 on 1 battle far from the other Titans.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Living Corpse wrote:I'm not. When both Godzilla AND Mothra are gaining up on King Ghidorah, nows his chance to backstab KG and become the Trifacta Earth Monsters like in GTHHM.
This actually would've been pretty cool. Especially if there was a scene of Godzilla interacting with Rodan in Mexico.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:As cool as the fusion was imagine if Rodan would have thought Mothra was his Alpha do to her winning and then helps Godzilla beat Ghidorah instead. Or better yet Rodan was pretending to serve Ghidorah so it could lure Ghidorah into a 3 on 1 battle far from the other Titans.
Rodan pretending seems super cool! Plays into his intelligence and his character, gives him so much more depth then what we actually got.
Image Image

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

Any theories why the Titans are heading for Skull Island?
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:Any theories why the Titans are heading for Skull Island?
New home. The worlds changed a lot since they've been asleep, heck some woke up with cities or temples built on their heads.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

So KotM is basically confirming Skull Island as Monster Island.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So KotM is basically confirming Skull Island as Monster Island.
Been saying Skull Island would turn into Monster Island for years but people told me the other monsters would ruin it's ecosystem.