GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Godzillian wrote:Godzilla isnt a super hero lmfao Kongs parents have no impact on the balance of Earth and the skull crawlers don't threaten to throw things out of order like the Muto. Why would Godzilla care about either?
Ehhhh if left unchecked I'm pretty certain Skull Crawlers would. Their basically the Gyaos of the MonsterVerse devouring everything on sight with endless appetites.

I'm a firm believer that the reason Skull Crawlers aren't worldwide on the surface and mostly stays in the hollow earth is due to Godzilla keeping them in check having encountered them in the past and to avoid M.U.T.O.'s who are predators of them.

I honestly dread to think what would happen if there was no Godzilla, Kong or M.U.T.O.'s. Skull Crawlers would probably by now be rampant across the globe attacking cities. I mean they DID wipe out Kong's species highlighting the threat they pose.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by BlankAccount »

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Living Corpse wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD!

DUDE, TAKE THIS DOWN BEFORE THE MODS SEE!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I KNEW he was going to have armour.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Living Corpse wrote:OH MY skreeonking GOD!

The conflict starts because Godzilla acidentally smashes his giant record player
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just listening to it a few minutes ago and realized how huge of a nergasm I'd have if the opening theme for the original King Kong vs Godzilla played during the opening credits.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Just listening to it a few minutes ago and realized how huge of a nergasm I'd have if the opening theme for the original King Kong vs Godzilla played during the opening credits.
That...

That would be pretty freaking incredible.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

scottzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Imagine attack dogs.

https://billcouture.tumblr.com/
This is actually a cool idea, a bit in the same vein as Kong using the anchor as a weapon and the slow motion bit. A little cheesy, but not too much. Enjoyable to watch, plus it would show that he's super intelligent.

I'm assuming Kong is going to get his ass handed to him the first fight. Once he retreats, I'd love to see a scene of him making weapons and shields, and in this case, rounding up some skull crawlers to take on Godzilla. We know at this point that the second fight is going to be Kong's advantage and Godzilla won't see any of it coming.
I could see him using the environment around as weapons (like primates do in real-life) but crafting weapons and rounding up attack dogs is going wayyy too far. Kong Is an animal. He's not the Monsterverse's answer to Batman.
Last edited by KingZillla on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingZillla wrote:
scottzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Imagine attack dogs.

https://billcouture.tumblr.com/
This is actually a cool idea, a bit in the same vein as Kong using the anchor as a weapon and the slow motion bit. A little cheesy, but not too much. Enjoyable to watch, plus it would show that he's super intelligent.

I'm assuming Kong is going to get his ass handed to him the first fight. Once he retreats, I'd love to see a scene of him making weapons and shields, and in this case, rounding up some skull crawlers to take on Godzilla. We know at this point that the second fight is going to be Kong's advantage and Godzilla won't see any of it coming.
I could see him using the environment around as weapons (like primates do in real-life) but crafting weapons and rounding up attack dogs is going wayyy too far. Kong Is an animal. He's not the Monsterverse's answer to Batman.
Hmm, I could see him picking up things to use as brass knuckles.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I wanna see King Kong do a windup punch like Donkey Kong does in the Super Smash Bros games.
Last edited by The Octopus on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

GvK has started filming in Queensland this week
http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/ ... queensland

And there was a big casting call needed for the film, with some interesting details
https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/stat ... 4636320768

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

https://www.deviantart.com/teddyblackbe ... -671115964

Watch these two be the final boss of Godzilla vs Kong. I'd be fine with it actually.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^That Mechagodzilla looks more like Godzilla than the one that's supposed to be Godzilla.

That is a picture of Godzilla, with some lights attached, and Mechani-Kong, vs. King Kong and... like... Gecko-zilla? Rhedosaurus?

Which, if that is the route GvK goes, colour my expectations subverted. :lol:

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:^That Mechagodzilla looks more like Godzilla than the one that's supposed to be Godzilla.

That is a picture of Godzilla, with some lights attached, and Mechani-Kong, vs. King Kong and... like... Gecko-zilla? Rhedosaurus?

Which, if that is the route GvK goes, colour my expectations subverted. :lol:
Still a better example of "sUbVeRtInG eXpEcTaTiOnS" than TLJ

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

If Mechani-Kong is in this film, I will fry up my fucking shoes and eat them.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Dr. Professor wrote:If Mechani-Kong is in this film, I will fry up my fucking shoes and eat them.
Please let Mechani-Kong be in this film.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dr. Professor wrote:If Mechani-Kong is in this film, I will fry up my skreeonking shoes and eat them.
I'm holding you to this.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Mechani-Kong is the key to all of this :lol:

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:If Mechani-Kong is in this film, I will fry up my skreeonking shoes and eat them.
I'm holding you to this.
You better.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

mvp9056 wrote:GvK has started filming in Queensland this week
http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/ ... queensland

And there was a big casting call needed for the film, with some interesting details
https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/stat ... 4636320768
Anyone happen to know if there's anyone following the filming in Queensland to the extent reelnewshawaii followed the filming in Hawaii before they got nuked? It was sort of nice to be able to speculate on what was going on based on the sets and all.
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST