Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:He’s not wrong with that.

Why come in here to talk spoilers if you’re just gonna tag everything? Why not go to the spoiler thread and talk about it freely?

There’s no conceivable reason to be talking spoilers in here.
Because there is a difference between full blown spoilers in the spoilers thread and posting things that may or may not be spoilers here in tags. No one is forcing anyone here to click a spoiler button.

Would it be best to keep all spoilers in the spoiler thread yes, but if two people are talking here at least they are using the tag feature.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

NSZ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:So the planes are called Argo Jets. Does such a plane exist or is it a made up plane?
The Argo is 100% fictional, though it appears to take inspiration from existing stealth bombers.
I thought so. The outside looks real enough but the inside looks a bit Super-Xish/sci-fiish.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I have a burning desire to see the NECA figures already...
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Spoiler:
IDK what I’ll wait for, standard NECA 2019, Atomic mode, or the Burning mode figure
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Spoiler:
Spoiler!
Last edited by Grievous on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

Grievous wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler!
Dude, I did not want to know that!
. . .

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:If it pertains to the convo and has a spoiler tag I see no problem
Ah jee maybe read the title? :lol: Take the convo to the spoiler thread considering it may have a spoiler. You specifically have a habit of including spoilers in a NO SPOILERS thread, like literally how else can I possibly be more clear? What ends up happening is you guys start talking in spoiler buttons and other people who want to just speculate without getting spoiled end up missing out and then the topic is changed with such a huge jump like "what did I just miss". Exactly what UltramanGoji said. Two spoiler tags with nothing else and I'm not even sure if those posts are legit convo or trying to annoy people but it's just so stupid how you guys have a choice yet choose to post spoilers here. It's exactly what you were talking about how fans naming that ship the super x gives clickbait sites the idea (even though that was a different topic altogther). You're gonna complain about how trendy spoilers are yet don't even helm one bit of decency and respect for others to go to a SPOILER thread as a opposed to the NONSPOILERS thread? You're seriously lame as fuck -_-
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

In other news: I’m seeing multiple websites talking about Anguirus potentially being in this movie now, because Dougherty said that he likes Anguirus, Biollante, and Gigan. So, which Kaiju will people be “confirming” next week?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I think you can expect any kind of crazy rumors and speculation between now and May.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:I think you can expect any kind of crazy rumors and speculation between now and May.
Why, what do you know? You know something don't you? You do. Is it about that conversation we had five months ago? It is isn't it. #GiantCondorConfirmed. I knew it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

KingKaiju wrote:In other news: I’m seeing multiple websites talking about Anguirus potentially being in this movie now, because Dougherty said that he likes Anguirus, Biollante, and Gigan. So, which Kaiju will people be “confirming” next week?
Minya Confirmed!!!
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

KingKong2005 wrote:Take the convo to the spoiler thread considering it may have a spoiler. You specifically have a habit of including spoilers in a NO SPOILERS thread, like literally how else can I possibly be more clear? What ends up happening is you guys start talking in spoiler buttons and other people who want to just speculate without getting spoiled end up missing out and then the topic is changed with such a huge jump like "what did I just miss". Exactly what UltramanGoji said. Two spoiler tags with nothing else and I'm not even sure if those posts are legit convo or trying to annoy people but it's just so stupid how you guys have a choice yet choose to post spoilers here. It's exactly what you were talking about how fans naming that ship the super x gives clickbait sites the idea (even though that was a different topic altogther). You're gonna complain about how trendy spoilers are yet don't even helm one bit of decency and respect for others to go to a SPOILER thread as a opposed to the NONSPOILERS thread? You're seriously lame as skreeonk -_-
I totally agree.

All's fair in the Spoiler Thread, but deliberately tripping up and spoiling unsuspecting fans in non-spoiler threads is really jerkish and irritating.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Grievous wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:In other news: I’m seeing multiple websites talking about Anguirus potentially being in this movie now, because Dougherty said that he likes Anguirus, Biollante, and Gigan. So, which Kaiju will people be “confirming” next week?
Minya Confirmed!!!
Minya?! That means Gabara too!! #gabaraconfirmed
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Watch guys I'm gonna write a Screen Rant article. Think they'll hire me????

BATMAN IN GODZILLA??? POSSIBLE CROSSOVER EVENT!!

Everyone knows that cinematic universes are all the rage these days!!! And while the MCU has been cleaning up the box office, we can't help but notice that Warner Bros. is currently running not ONE, but TWO cinematic universes - namely, the MonsterVerse, and the DCEU!!

Considering that WB has the rights to both properties, is it possible that they could be building up to one mega crossover that pits the Dark Knight against the King of the Monsters??? While there has been no confirmation of it, or discussion, or really anything of any kind that would justifiably fuel any sort of speculation whatsoever - it is technically possible! Do you guys think this will happen? Do you think it's a good idea? Let us know in the comments!!!!

Oh Satan, our dark lord, heed our prayers, dark one come to us and take dominion of this Earth...
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Watch guys I'm gonna write a Screen Rant article. Think they'll hire me????

Everyone knows that cinematic universes are all the rage these days!!! And while the MCU has been cleaning up the box office, we can't help but notice that Warner Bros. is currently running not ONE, but TWO cinematic universes - namely, the MonsterVerse, and the DCEU.

Considering that WB has the rights to both properties, is it possible that they could be building up to one mega crossover that pits the Dark Knight against the King of the Monsters??? While there has been no confirmation of it, or discussion, or really anything of any kind that would justifiably fuel any sort of speculation whatsoever - it is technically possible! Do you guys think this will happen? Do you think it's a good idea? Let us know in the comments!!!!

Oh Satan, our dark lord, heed our prayers, dark one come to us and take dominion of this Earth...
Well WB is only distributing the MonsterVerse, but I'm sure Screen Rant doesn't care anyway so go ahead! :huge:
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Watch guys I'm gonna write a Screen Rant article. Think they'll hire me????

Everyone knows that cinematic universes are all the rage these days!!! And while the MCU has been cleaning up the box office, we can't help but notice that Warner Bros. is currently running not ONE, but TWO cinematic universes - namely, the MonsterVerse, and the DCEU!!

I hope you realize the magnitude of the atrocity you just released into this world. May the lord have mercy on us if Scified finds this post :lol:

Speaking of which, guess who just did a report on the new toys that shamelessly puts the spoilery detail as a headline...never change Scified :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Just report Scified's twitter (their Godzilla one) for impersonating the official account. It's the only way anything can happen to them.

I've racked up about 10 or so reports now. It's no skin off my nose; it doesn't take long to do at all.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

KingKong2005 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:If it pertains to the convo and has a spoiler tag I see no problem
Ah jee maybe read the title? :lol: Take the convo to the spoiler thread considering it may have a spoiler. You specifically have a habit of including spoilers in a NO SPOILERS thread, like literally how else can I possibly be more clear? What ends up happening is you guys start talking in spoiler buttons and other people who want to just speculate without getting spoiled end up missing out and then the topic is changed with such a huge jump like "what did I just miss". Exactly what UltramanGoji said. Two spoiler tags with nothing else and I'm not even sure if those posts are legit convo or trying to annoy people but it's just so stupid how you guys have a choice yet choose to post spoilers here. It's exactly what you were talking about how fans naming that ship the super x gives clickbait sites the idea (even though that was a different topic altogther). You're gonna complain about how trendy spoilers are yet don't even helm one bit of decency and respect for others to go to a SPOILER thread as a opposed to the NONSPOILERS thread? You're seriously lame as fuck -_-
No one wants you to join in on our conversation, if there’s a spoiler tag, don’t click it, simple as that. No ones making you click the spoilers
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

It’s a non-spoiler thread.

Simple as that.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Considering that WB has the rights to both properties, is it possible that they could be building up to one mega crossover that pits the Dark Knight against the King of the Monsters??? While there has been no confirmation of it, or discussion, or really anything of any kind that would justifiably fuel any sort of speculation whatsoever - it is technically possible! Do you guys think this will happen? Do you think it's a good idea? Let us know in the comments!!!! No wonder Matt Reeves has been so hush hush on this upcoming Batman film.

Mind... fuckin... blown!!!!! WB also owns the DCEU! Of course we’re going to finally get Batman meets Godzilla!!!!
Last edited by KingKaiju on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.