The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

As I said, I just ask they execute it well then.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Showa Godzilla starting as an asshole snd then becoming a father and eventually a hero as GodzillaFan1990's stated shows that giant monsters can be related to in some degree.

Vegeta in Dragonball for example has the same arc as Showa Godzilla and he's one of the most popular characters.

Also another spoiler.
Spoiler:
Terrorist are using Kong to kill Godzilla. To me that implies Godzilla is still a force of good he had become in kotm.
Honestly Godzilla sounds alot like DCEU Superman at this point.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

plasmabeam wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:38 pm I have a sneaking suspicion that they may use a team-up against Godzilla to emphasise how powerful he is as king.
Spoiler:
I also don’t believe there will be an actual good/bad guy, but G appears to be a more antagonising force with neither G or K being an actual “bad guy.”
I like it. He's the reigning King of the Monsters after all and currently OP as hell. I honestly think it would take Destoroyah to remotely challenge him in his Burning form.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Godzilla is barely a "good guy" in this franchise. Whereas Kong has been known to actively protect people, Godzilla had no problems Surtur-ing the goddamn city. Just because he never actively killed humans doesn't mean he's a "good guy"
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

No but we're obviously meant to root for him.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

It’s all pro wrestling storylines. You can take two baby faces a s give them a common reason to battle, the concept then becomes how to put over both combatants. Last thing you want is to bury one because it will weaken the view of the other. Throw in another major heel that will require the collective fight of both of the faces to overcome or the outcome would be catastrophic even if they themselves die or nearly die in the process can be a story told well.
Godzilla and Kong would naturally fight for supremacy, nobody has to be a bad guy. Make the consequences dire for the humans if the bad guy wins creates the human tension...Godzilla and Kong do not have to “do it for the people” but the outcome of their actions save mankind and gives the human race the impetus to coexist like the overarching theme set by Dr Serizawa set in motion which is to coexist with Titans.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:38 am Godzilla is barely a "good guy" in this franchise. Whereas Kong has been known to actively protect people, Godzilla had no problems Surtur-ing the goddamn city. Just because he never actively killed humans doesn't mean he's a "good guy"
Protecting humans directly does not make him a good guy. Godzilla wants to be left to his own devices and only shows up when the planet is in danger thus a good guy.

Godzilla doesn't just show up to kill like Ghidorah did.

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
ultrazilla wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 am
plasmabeam wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:38 pm I have a sneaking suspicion that they may use a team-up against Godzilla to emphasise how powerful he is as king.
Spoiler:
I also don’t believe there will be an actual good/bad guy, but G appears to be a more antagonising force with neither G or K being an actual “bad guy.”
I like it. He's the reigning King of the Monsters after all and currently OP as hell. I honestly think it would take Destoroyah to remotely challenge him in his Burning form.
Godzilla probably can't go Burning without Mothra anyway. Especially if he needs to super charge first.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla would go Supernova without Mothra's assistance. So he'd still take out whatever threat he's up against.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

MonsterVerse Godzilla (my fave incarnation), has Godzilla as an ecology sentinel, anti-hero. If you’re anti- balance in nature, then you proclaim he’s an enemy. It’s kind of like nature itself. It’s a “good guy” when things are going well, but is it a “bad guy” when we destroy the environment so badly that we get worse storms, flooding, fires, etc?

I like that he’s above being a direct “good/bad guy.” He’s a force of and a protector of nature and balance. I see that as a good thing.
Spoiler:
Also, from what multiple sources say, he’s got “new” powers this time, so his Fire form may not be necessary. Super-destructive spiral ray?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I believe all Mothra's sacrifice did was help Godzilla get his overflowing power under control. Without her intervention Godzilla would have likely exploded. Without absorbing another mass of radiation I don't think he's able to go critical again.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

I would assume if something is on Godzilla’s back and he lights up his dorsal plates, whatever is on his back will be fried to a nuclear crisp. It’s like Fire-mode Lite. Maybe if he clasps his mouth tightly, the energy will shoot out of his dorsal plates, a bit like shin but less laser-like.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Godzilla is a prodigy kaiju, he's got a taste of that super charged power and the burning form in kotm and now he's retained the essence of those powers in his body, he will learn how to tap into it, control it and eventually master it on the go. The end game is for him to attack and dodge without thinking while his body's instinct takes over.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

ultrazilla wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:56 am Godzilla is a prodigy kaiju, he's got a taste of that super charged power and the burning form in kotm and now he's retained the essence of those powers in his body, he will learn how to tap into it, control it and eventually master it on the go. The end game is for him to attack and dodge without thinking while his body's instinct takes over.
Hey Kong's the big monkey.

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It's not far fetched to assume Kong gets struck with a lightning bolt in the film. Most animal fur tends to be conductive (most noticeable when you pet a dog or cat and get zapped), Kong being a 300 foot durable gorilla, it'd probably course through his body a bit stronger.

Then we'll have Burning G vs Lightning K.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

ultrazilla wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:56 am Godzilla is a prodigy kaiju, he's got a taste of that super charged power and the burning form in kotm and now he's retained the essence of those powers in his body, he will learn how to tap into it, control it and eventually master it on the go. The end game is for him to attack and dodge without thinking while his body's instinct takes over.
Godzilla is not going to achieve Ultra Instinct lol
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Smuggers wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 pm
Godzilla is not going to achieve Ultra Instinct lol
Never underestimate the giant lizard's ability to climb over that wall and break his inner shell :twisted:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am
Hey Kong's the big monkey.

I almost forgot lol. Imagine Kong achieves MUI too.
Last edited by ultrazilla on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

It only took 7 years, but a proper release of Godzilla (2014) is so close

Added in 11 minutes 7 seconds:

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

HELL YES. Finally I can properly rewatch the film without adjusting my TV lighting to ridiculous levels and suffering from an headache all day afterwards :lol:

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Can't wait
He Jock it Made of Steel

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well awright. My patience has paid off. :D I haven't bought any version of G14, yet, because I was holding out for a new transfer. Glad it's finally on the way!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio