Godzilla (2014) video game tie-in?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla (2014) video game in the works?

Post by Beef Bigshot »

That's a great fricking idea. I have had "fantasies" about a game like this. Kinda like skyrim but with good graphics, the worlds to explore (planet X) and dynamic building destruction. It would also be nice to see better monster hit boxes like spot on. But sadly I don't believe this will happens for the 2014 game. Perhaps kiaju combat can accomplish this ^
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Who could develop the game?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I won't count on NetherRealm on making a Godzilla game since they have other games in mind at the moment. I remember reading that they plan on releasing MK10 in 2014 when the new movie comes out. Same with Rcoksteady since they are rumor to work on a upcoming TMNT game.
MK10 must isn't going to be as good as MK9 as NR has been working on injustice and that only gives them a year to focus 100% on MK10.

I guess they could just do a new story mode and add characters from MK4 and up.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

What about a 'decision-making', build-your-own story game like The Walking Dead? I think there's a fair amount of potential in something like that. For example, lets say one of the several characters you play as is a general. Godzilla shows up and attacks San Francsico, and this guy is tasked with coordinating the response. So you have choices to make. Do you attack him? If so, how? Air strike? Tanks? Artillery? Each option would have different ramifications, liklihood of success, etc. Or do you focus on evacuating civilians and minimizing damage? Again, you get multiple choices that play out differently. Then once the general's call is made, you switch to the perspective of a soldier on the ground that has to carry the plan out (or disobey orders and do his own thing, maybe?), and deal with whatever issues arise. Other characters, playable and otherwise, come into play as you go.

Godzilla himself would be affected by these choices, of course. For example, maybe he isn't in the city looking for a fight, but just passing through. Attacking him might piss him off, send him into a full-blown rampage that destroys the entire city. There might be long-term effects, too: as the game progresses, his general attitude toward humanity might be important. Turn him against us, and he'll go out of his way to attack us at every turn. Stay on his good side, and he'll protect us from invaders like Ghidorah or whatever. Maybe you'd get to play as Godzilla at some points, too, and make his decisions yourself. Plus do some of his fighting and smashing, of course.

Anybody else think something like this might work?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

As long as it is executed well and it does sound interesting then I'll give it a shot.
Last edited by Julia Bristow on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

TheSecondComing wrote:I know that Activision took snippets of past 007 adventures with the James Bond license with mixed results. I think that the same could be done with Godzilla in a sandbox environment, taking bits of 29 movies and mashing them together in an overarching story. You could start the game of with the first level, King of the Monsters, say as Steve Martin and literally follow Godzilla's movements throughout Tokyo, avoiding the chaos of fleeing pedestrians ans damaged buildings, and go from there. Some levels you could play as Godzilla and some as human characters.

The sandbox format could be huge, pun intended, for Godzilla.

That would be awesome if done right.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Imagine how long it would take to create the entire earth to roam on, they should just focus on major points AROUND the world and make those the places you go to

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^Well the game shouldn't force you or automatically switch you over to a mini game when you are having fun just roaming around and hanging out in the world. You should always have a choice on what you want to do, don't feel like fighting a monster right now? No problem, you'll encounter it again. Also yes making the ENTIRE Earth roam able would be near impossible, but still make the game and the locations HUGE to where like I said before you could get achievements by going to another city, country, or even state by putting in the time and effort to walk, swim, or even fly there once you unlock other monsters by beating them who have the ability of flight. You can have SpaceGodzilla for example and go Minecraft third-person style on a city or anywhere you please and turn the entire area into your crystal fortress, and could get a reward for putting in the effort and time to do so. Monster Island could be a secret location that's worth an 100 point achievement or a huge in-game prize that you only get by going there with each monster and exploring/destroying areas of the island if you want.

See... Stuff like this adds a shit ton of more replay value, and would draw in thousands of fans and non fans alike.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I'd rather have another fighting game featuring elements from the legendary films with side missions where you play as a soldier on the ground during a fight you just played before and some other stuff.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

Godzilla165 wrote:^Well the game shouldn't force you or automatically switch you over to a mini game when you are having fun just roaming around and hanging out in the world. You should always have a choice on what you want to do, don't feel like fighting a monster right now? No problem, you'll encounter it again. Also yes making the ENTIRE Earth roam able would be near impossible, but still make the game and the locations HUGE to where like I said before you could get achievements by going to another city, country, or even state by putting in the time and effort to walk, swim, or fly there once you unlock other monsters by beating them.
minigames are often really gimmicky. That doesn't bother you guys at all.
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla165 wrote:^Well the game shouldn't force you or automatically switch you over to a mini game when you are having fun just roaming around and hanging out in the world. You should always have a choice on what you want to do, don't feel like fighting a monster right now? No problem, you'll encounter it again. Also yes making the ENTIRE Earth roam able would be near impossible, but still make the game and the locations HUGE to where like I said before you could get achievements by going to another city, country, or even state by putting in the time and effort to walk, swim, or even fly there once you unlock other monsters by beating them who have the ability of flight. You can have SpaceGodzilla for example and go Minecraft third-person style on a city or anywhere you please and turn the entire area into your crystal fortress, and could get a reward for putting in the effort and time to do so. Monster Island could be a secret location that's worth an 100 point achievement or a huge in-game prize that you only get by going there with each monster and exploring/destroying areas of the island if you want.

See... Stuff like this adds a shit ton of more replay value, and would draw in thousands of fans and non fans alike.
Sandboxes unless they are like GTA or Saints row = less replay value then a fighting game. The best thing to do would be to make your idea the single player story and then for multiplier make similar to this.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xcx5 ... e-gamehead

Of course Godzilla and the others would be bigger but the buildings physics and stage size is how I would want it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Of course I mean for this idea to be the single player aspect of the game, see my previous post for my multiplayer idea.

#BotM

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

JAGzilla wrote:What about a 'decision-making', build-your-own story game like The Walking Dead? I think there's a fair amount of potential in something like that. For example, lets say one of the several characters you play as is a general. Godzilla shows up and attacks San Francsico, and this guy is tasked with coordinating the response. So you have choices to make. Do you attack him? If so, how? Air strike? Tanks? Artillery? Each option would have different ramifications, liklihood of success, etc. Or do you focus on evacuating civilians and minimizing damage? Again, you get multiple choices that play out differently. Then once the general's call is made, you switch to the perspective of a soldier on the ground that has to carry the plan out (or disobey orders and do his own thing, maybe?), and deal with whatever issues arise. Other characters, playable and otherwise, come into play as you go.

Godzilla himself would be affected by these choices, of course. For example, maybe he isn't in the city looking for a fight, but just passing through. Attacking him might piss him off, send him into a full-blown rampage that destroys the entire city. There might be long-term effects, too: as the game progresses, his general attitude toward humanity might be important. Turn him against us, and he'll go out of his way to attack us at every turn. Stay on his good side, and he'll protect us from invaders like Ghidorah or whatever. Maybe you'd get to play as Godzilla at some points, too, and make his decisions yourself. Plus do some of his fighting and smashing, of course.

Anybody else think something like this might work?
That sounds amazing.

I would LOVE to see someone like Telltale make a godzilla game like that..
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

KingGhidorah
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla (2014) video game tie-in?

Post by KingGhidorah »

If they make a game, I want these guys to review it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gguYMJKd ... 3MeRlNXlHU

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

I still want that game where you play as Godzilla in an open-world environment and complete various different challenges and fight other monsters and of course, cause destruction. That's the kind of Godzilla game I want. I'm still waiting for it.

Make Godzilla smaller, like 100 feet for larger environments. I still want it.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ 100 feet/meters is the biggest that Godzilla has ever been as of right now.

#BotM

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzilla165 wrote:^ 100 feet/meters is the biggest that Godzilla has ever been as of right now.
I thought he was 200 feet.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

His infamous height that has never really been achieved is 400 feet.

#BotM

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla at the max is 328 feet.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Who should develop the game? Atari's rights expired.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.