"LOL Let's Go See That Corny Monster Movie"

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Re: "LOL Let's Go See That Corny Monster Movie"

Post by MasonWerx »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:^^ I just saw ''Blade'' earlier today... It was still just as awesome as it was back in the day, Unfortunately i saw Blade Trinity right after... An it started great... Then i saw Jessica B, Then Ryan R, an whoever the hell played Dracula in human form.... Seriously when did Dracula have a clean cut look? Terrible Terrible film...
I thought that Dominic Purcell was ok as dracula, but yeah, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel were horrible in that film. They really ruined the movie. I wish that Reynolds would drop off the face of the planet and I've wished that ever since I saw Van Wilder. The entire nightstalkers team was just a terrible addition. The huge Ipod plug in the middle of the film was pathetic.

The sad part is that the whole reason for the nightstalkers being added to the film is that the studio was planning a spin-off series of the nightstalkers starring Ryan R. and Jessica B without any Blade character in the mix.

Wesley Snipes was pretty pissed off at how Blade Trinity turned out. You can tell in the film that it isn't the Blade character that hates the Ryan Reynolds' character, you can really see deep into Wesley's soul that he wanted to Kill Ryan Reynolds the actor. It would have been pretty cool if he did.

All that being said, Blade 2 was alright, but not as good as the first.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Superhero films (well ones that don't strive to be more than superhero films) IMO don't have to be artistically great to be fun. While Nolan's Batfilms might be superhero films on the surface but IMO they appeal more to a fanbase who like more meat & depth in their superhero films and a fanbase who depise superhero films that aren't very meaty, "childish", appeal to young people & reach out to a general audience.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

Back on topic, I think that instead of mocking the japanese movies (Or the idea some people have of them), many people will remember the '98 movie with nostalgia, and bring it up and defend it now that it is going to be "replaced".