The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
master_of_monsters
G-Grasper
Posts: 1474
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby master_of_monsters » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:52 am

Nathus214 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Sonic wrote:burning zilla is cool and all but I had high hopes for behemoth.


I would expect the YMSF to be the only Behemoth you get.

There's actually some bloke on Facebook making a NECA tier Behemoth for sale soon.


links?
your source of self destruction

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Sonic » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:27 am

I have a strong feeling we will get behemoth products in the gvk line.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:38 am

Sonic wrote:I have a strong feeling we will get behemoth products in the gvk line.

And why is that?
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10303
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:53 am

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
goji89 wrote:What's with Behemoths popularity?


He's another mammal kaiju. Nuff said.


Now I just need a giant bat.
Image

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GuardianGhido » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 am

Living Corpse wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
goji89 wrote:What's with Behemoths popularity?


He's another mammal kaiju. Nuff said.


Now I just need a giant bat.

Anyone think a Rodent Kaiju would be cool? Maybe something like a gigantic bipedal Mongoose or Mole or something?
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Online
User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:56 pm

I was in the Godzilla store in Shinjuku the other day, utterly surprised at the LACK of KOTM stuff. They had shin figures, space Godzilla, anime Ghidorah, but NO KOTM stuff. Of course they had a big KOTM poster, but it was strange seeing the lack of advertising or merch for the most recent film.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Smuggers » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:57 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I was in the Godzilla store in Shinjuku the other day, utterly surprised at the LACK of KOTM stuff. They had shin figures, space Godzilla, anime Ghidorah, but NO KOTM stuff. Of course they had a big KOTM poster, but it was strange seeing the lack of advertising or merch for the most recent film.

Okay elitist, rain on our parade more by bragging about your kino Shin selling more toys than our Godzilla... btw anime Ghidorah sucks :roll:
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Online
User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Smuggers wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I was in the Godzilla store in Shinjuku the other day, utterly surprised at the LACK of KOTM stuff. They had shin figures, space Godzilla, anime Ghidorah, but NO KOTM stuff. Of course they had a big KOTM poster, but it was strange seeing the lack of advertising or merch for the most recent film.

Okay elitist, rain on our parade more by bragging about your kino Shin selling more toys than our Godzilla... btw anime Ghidorah sucks :roll:

Actually I was upset they didn’t have more KOTM stuff :D

I don’t know why, but I was hoping they’d have small gashapons or even stickers of Mothra or Rodan.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Yeah right, like they’d disgrace their store with those filthy inferior gaijin incarnations like that. Don’t make me laugh
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Online
User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Stump Feet wrote:Yeah right, like they’d disgrace their store with those filthy inferior gaijin incarnations like that. Don’t make me laugh

I’m glad they let a filthy gaijin like me grace their beautiful serene store! ;)
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Yeah right, like they’d disgrace their store with those filthy inferior gaijin incarnations like that. Don’t make me laugh

I’m glad they let a filthy gaijin like me grace their beautiful serene store! ;)

The cashiers were probably plugging their noses the entire time. :P
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Online
User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Stump Feet wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Yeah right, like they’d disgrace their store with those filthy inferior gaijin incarnations like that. Don’t make me laugh

I’m glad they let a filthy gaijin like me grace their beautiful serene store! ;)

The cashiers were probably plugging their noses the entire time. :P

They gave me a shin figure just to get me out of their ASAP.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Sonic » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Stump Feet wrote:
Sonic wrote:I have a strong feeling we will get behemoth products in the gvk line.

And why is that?

Because he is rumoured to have a much bigger role in gvk.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Sonic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
Sonic wrote:I have a strong feeling we will get behemoth products in the gvk line.

And why is that?

Because he is rumoured to have a much bigger role in gvk.

Yeah, by a leak that's already been debunked as fake.

Added in 2 minutes 57 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:They gave me a shin figure just to get me out of their ASAP.

You WISH you were that worthy ;)
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Sonic » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:45 am

Stump Feet wrote:
Sonic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:And why is that?

Because he is rumoured to have a much bigger role in gvk.

Yeah, by a leak that's already been debunked as fake.

Added in 2 minutes 57 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:They gave me a shin figure just to get me out of their ASAP.

You WISH you were that worthy ;)

Time shall tell.

User avatar
Gothicserpent
Futurian
Posts: 1658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Gothicserpent » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 am

I wonder how much the DVD's and Blu Rays will make
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:40 am

About $20 bucks from me, easily.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 am

Gothicserpent wrote:I wonder how much the DVD's and Blu Rays will make

Logically it should make 40+ million like the last ones at least. Hopefully it can go even higher and reach the 50 million range considering it's a fast paced movie that's really enjoyable on rewatches. (If that happens, movie might finally do something that could be called breaking even)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4816
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:55 am

Considering the home release has a cost in manufacturing as well, it's hard to say just how much it would have to do to not only offset those costs but then contribute to the film's overall financial success.

Thing is, even if KOTM falls a bit short, if GvK turns it around, there could be more to the MonsterVerse, at the very least, we're still getting the last planned movie.

User avatar
Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:06 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:28 am

GuardianGhido wrote:Logically it should make 40+ million like the last ones at least.


Yeah. Godzilla made just shy of $41M
Image

While Kong made just shy of $45M
Image

Don't know the International sales numbers or the rental numbers (VOD). The-Numbers claim they have those numbers but they keep them private(!!)
Last edited by Shhh! The Octopus on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests