The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Shoopwoop17
Samurai

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Shoopwoop17 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:32 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So Randy said a Neca Ghidorah is not impossible but there's just no plans at the moment. So at least they aren't entirely ruling him out in the future.

Isnt that how they approached Otachi? I remember them saying she was too big, but I mean, we got her eventually.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So Randy said a Neca Ghidorah is not impossible but there's just no plans at the moment. So at least they aren't entirely ruling him out in the future.

Really disappointing but I can live with it. I get that a KG would be too big for a store like Target but so many collector and comic books stores often sell really big statues and figures that would easily be the same scale as KG if not even bigger so I kinda wish they would make the KG figure for those stores even if that meant a smaller production run.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 pm

deleted
Last edited by Godzillian on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 pm

cloverfan98 wrote:

Really disappointing but I can live with it. I get that a KG would be too big for a store like Target but so many collector and comic books stores often sell really big statues and figures that would easily be the same scale as KG if not even bigger so I kinda wish they would make the KG figure for those stores even if that meant a smaller production run.

I doubt it's based on the packaging, if you make the wings something that has to be attached, which even SHMA will likely have to do, the box probably wouldn't be much bigger than say the 24" HTT Godzilla box.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Godzillian wrote:deleted

What could it be....this deleted post that I can see.
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Really surprised there's been absolutely no announcement of a 4K G14 yet. Yet I'd be more interested if they ever contemplate an extended/director's cut again. Very curious as to what was cut. You think the novelization might hint at anything that was removed. Still can't fathom why they cut the HALO drop speech. It was such a huge part of the marketing campaign and I think it would have added some much needed tension to the final minutes of the film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:58 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:You think the novelization might hint at anything that was removed.

No, the novel was based off an earlier draft of the script that never made it to shooting.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

It kinda irks me the only way to actually get a decent Ghidorah is to get the MonsterArts. Who knows when or if Xplus will get to one.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 pm

When are the sticker and coloring books for this movie coming out? Chris should hold a giveaway with them, I'm sure this forum will participate in it.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:14 am

Any word on when we can preorder the art book?

Steel Hellkite
Yojimbo

Postby Steel Hellkite » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:10 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It kinda irks me the only way to actually get a decent Ghidorah is to get the MonsterArts. Who knows when or if Xplus will get to one.

Guarantee xplus makes one, but it could be forever and a day. We're finally getting Orga, 19 years later. Ha. Haha. Ha. Sigh.... But Ghidorah 2019 will likely be way too high in demand to not cater to collectors. I'd expect him in under a year after the movie releases. That's my gut feeling at least.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:23 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:When are the sticker and coloring books for this movie coming out? Chris should hold a giveaway with them, I'm sure this forum will participate in it.

What? Inferiority complex acting up again you gotta throw shiit to people here. There, there.....feel better?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:34 am

goji89 wrote:
What? Inferiority complex acting up again you gotta throw shiit to people here. There, there.....feel better?

Huh? It was a genuine question! Don't get assblasted with me like you do with Terasawa, it's bad for your blood pressure.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:34 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:When are the sticker and coloring books for this movie coming out? Chris should hold a giveaway with them, I'm sure this forum will participate in it.

I prefer crayons and neon pink markers myself.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Huh? It was a genuine question! Don't get assblasted with me like you do with Terasawa, it's bad for your blood pressure.

Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied. Assblasted? Hardly, I just asked you a simple question and if you were feeling better....you dont get butthurt about it.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:51 am

goji89 wrote:Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied.

What did he imply?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:53 am

Smuggers wrote:
goji89 wrote:Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied.

What did he imply?

We're all childish. If you know him as I do that was his subtle jab on the forum.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:57 am

goji89 wrote:Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied. Assblasted? Hardly, I just asked you a simple question and if you were feeling better....you dont get butthurt about it.

Surely you wouldn't have projected an inferiority complex onto me if it weren't for a desire to offend someone. Funny how you leave that out... but considering your post history, I won't blame you for forgetting something. I'm sure it's out of your control, it seems to be a chronic issue...

And why assume coloring books are strictly for children? We're all fans of giant monster movies, I think we all know firsthand how annoying it is for people to make presumptions about an activity they dismiss.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:59 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
goji89 wrote:Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied. Assblasted? Hardly, I just asked you a simple question and if you were feeling better....you dont get butthurt about it.

Surely you wouldn't have projected an inferiority complex onto me if it weren't for a desire to offend someone. Funny how you leave that out... but considering your post history, I won't blame you for forgetting something. I'm sure it's out of your control, it seems to be a chronic issue...

To be fair thats the impression I got from your post too. That you were saying we are childish.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 am

goji89 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:What did he imply?

We're all childish. If you know him as I do that was his subtle jab on the forum.

In all fairness a lot of the products in this thread are literally made for children, so... I guess the subtle jab hits a little too close to home for some who aren't comfortable with the stuff they're buying being marketed towards 6 year old boys? It is what it is.
Last edited by Smuggers on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”