Godzilla and Kong in New potential fighting game???

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla and Kong in New potential fighting game???

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:29 pm The leaked list mentioned Godzilla, Kong, Velma, Neo Gandalf , Iron Giant and LeBron James off the top of my head. There were a couple other characters.

My point is all the names that leaked and they took time to single out Godzilla? It could very well be deconfirmatiom but I think it's damage control.
or maybe WB is tired of people of constantly voicing their opinion for Godzilla and they singled him out because he's the most requested? See the Ridley for Smash that nintendo kept having to put down every so often.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Multiversus got a closed Alpha with updated data. Looks like there is no new data on Kong, but datminers found updated data for Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Given Toho's stinginess do not be surprised if Godzilla is eventually at some point cut during development.

Hell, I'm actually surprised they even let this go through to begin with...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

While this excites me, it doesn't make up for the lack of Daffy Duck IMO. 😞

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Anguirus wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 8:03 pm While this excites me, it doesn't make up for the lack of Daffy Duck IMO. 😞
I recall this is going to be one of those games that'll be constantly updated.

I'd actually be surprised if Daffy didn't make it in. I feel he's fairly certain whether base game or updates.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Godzilla fans sure are starved for good video game content.

First you had people hyping up a GvK-themed season pass for a crappy war game published by sexual abusers, and now people are hyping up Godzilla and Kong being featured in a half-baked Smash-Bros ripoff meant to advertise a giant corporation's library of assets.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Honestly were long overdue for a new Godzilla game whether a fighting game (Especially developed by ArcSys, still pissed that wasn't true) or any in general like going around destroying cities as the 2015 game or Godzilla Generations.

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

Spuro wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 8:27 pm Godzilla fans sure are starved for good video game content.

First you had people hyping up a GvK-themed season pass for a crappy war game published by sexual abusers, and now people are hyping up Godzilla and Kong being featured in a half-baked Smash-Bros ripoff meant to advertise a giant corporation's library of assets.
With how well recieved the playtest has been by both casuals and the FGC, I wouldn't call it "half baked".

Also, How is it a rip-off of Smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

To anyone comparing this to smash, I suggest listening to this:

These two are people that have good takes generally, and I trust their opinions. They say overall that yeah, it's a platform fighter, and has a lot of similarities to smash. However, it also improves on a lot and has a separation. Congratulations, there's artistic differences!

Except for one brief moment, talking about character leaks, they don't talk about Godzilla at all. If two people, independent of Godzilla, are saying this is a solid fighter and has a lot of potential, then I think it's worth checking out.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I don't see how you'd fit Godzilla and Kong in a game like that.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Spuro wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 8:27 pm Godzilla fans sure are starved for good video game content.

"Sexual abusers"? When and how did this happen?

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

LegendZilla wrote: ↑Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 pm ^I don't see how you'd fit Godzilla and Kong in a game like that.
Mostly likely they'll scale him down like they'll do for the Iron Giant, speaking of which...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersusThe ... godzillas/

Someone took Godzilla's files in Multiversus and applied them to Batman's model..
Last edited by Shadd21 on Sat May 28, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So Big G's gonna get the Ridley treatment? I mean, he kinda has to, or else he really WOULD be too big for the game lmao

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

mikelcho wrote: ↑Sat May 28, 2022 8:24 am

"Sexual abusers"? When and how did this happen?
Look up the Activision/Blizzard controversy, it shouldn't be hard to find the details. But from my limited understanding (I watched one video last year), the CEO of the company has been accused of rape, and he and the meathead guys he likes to put in charge have been generally treating their female employees like dirt for a long time, now. The situation there is so bad that the head of the Overwatch development team resigned in protest a few months back, which is why that game went down the drain.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadd21 wrote: ↑Sat May 28, 2022 10:34 pm
LegendZilla wrote: ↑Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 pm ^I don't see how you'd fit Godzilla and Kong in a game like that.
Mostly likely they'll scale him down like they'll do for the Iron Giant, speaking of which...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersusThe ... godzillas/

Someone took Godzilla's files in Multiversus and applied them to Batman's model..
Godzilla is even bigger than I thought if they leave him that size. Will be intreasting to see how they balance him.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Bad update, seems Godzilla had a prototype and is now being removed from the game for the time being.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

miguelnuva wrote: ↑Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 pm Bad update, seems Godzilla had a prototype and is now being removed from the game for the time being.
πŸ₯²