New Godzilla Series On Apple TV+

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Keizer

Re: New Godzilla Series On Apple TV+

Post by LegendZilla »

SonOfGorgo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:46 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 pmCould
Spoiler:
Cate be Kentaro's love interest?
Also, the character of
Spoiler:
May gives me worries that they'll start kowtowing to the SJW crowd.
I think the term you're looking for is
Spoiler:
mary-sue.
Thanks.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Are the character descriptions that got posted here considered leaks because a Facebook group I'm in is ready to ban people over them.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

SonOfGorgo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:46 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 pmCould
Spoiler:
Cate be Kentaro's love interest?
Also, the character of
Spoiler:
May gives me worries that they'll start kowtowing to the SJW crowd.
I think the term you're looking for is
Spoiler:
mary-sue.
Yeah, sounds like an annoying character to me.

BurningCoolMan
G-Force Personnel

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Didn't know the fourm had so many incels in it, seriously a name and brief description and jumping to conclusions of "OMG SJW MARY SUE" some of yall need to touch some grass
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by king_ghidorah »

gigaraptor99 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:27 pm Apparently new info from KDM;
Spoiler:
The 6 main characters are:
Cate, May. Kentaro. Emiko. Keiko. Hiroshi.
In short and without major spoilers:

Cate goes to Japan, where she discovers that her family has a connection to Monarch. She is a young woman, Japanese-American.
Kentaro: Japanese, Goes to Japan from London... within the storyline, Kentaro finds out more about his "mysterious" father.
Kentaro's mother: Emiko
Kentaro's father: Hiroshi. Hiroshi is a scientist who cares more about his work than his family. As the story unfolds, Kentaro finds out who his father really is and what connects him to Monarch.
May: super-intelligent young lady. ALWAYS 2-3 steps ahead of all other characters.
Cate also finds out about a past "secret" and a connection to the secret organization called the MONARCH. In the course of the story, the characters meet each other and have to realize that "time" is running, and the "new" world where monsters exist will bring a big change, because Godzilla and the MUTOs are not the only monsters whose Existence one now tries to keep secret.
Spoiler:
I’m going to guess that Kentaro is actually seen and that Hiroshi is actually Serizawa unless negotiations fall through and Ken won’t return

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

So...no answer as to who "KDM" is?

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:03 am So...no answer as to who "KDM" is?
If your familiar with the user TKDM on here, it’s him. The (I believe) German movie insider who has a history with Leg weary and Godzilla. Had insights on GvK 2 years in advance such as the heavs, kong “flying” etc. KDM is the Facebook page he runs.
Last edited by Monke on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Executive Hamster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Executive Hamster »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:43 am Didn't know the fourm had so many incels in it, seriously a name and brief description and jumping to conclusions of "OMG SJW MARY SUE" some of yall need to touch some grass
EXACTLY what I was thinking. Seems like a number of people on this site missed the fact that 2016 ended already and that a few screaming nutjobs on Tumblr don't make up an entire political movement. And Im just going to leave it at that......

Titanus_Rodan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

Judging a character as an “SJW”, “Mary Sue” or “boring” based off an extremely brief description has got to be one of the most foolish things I’ve seen on here. Please go get some fresh air.
Last edited by Titanus_Rodan on Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

I know that the below article is discussing a Jurassic World TV show and not a Godzilla one, but I found this one quote troubling. I think it applies to the expectation that we'll see titans (and especially titan brawls) in every episode of the upcoming Monarch series...
While streaming services shell out big budgets for the right shows these days, dinosaurs on TV would be wildly expensive. It also might run the risk of diminishing the value of the movies if people felt like this was suddenly something that could be streamed from the comfort of their homes, rather than a cinematic event.
https://www.slashfilm.com/750171/jurass ... -exclusive
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
EDF Instructor

Post by shadowgigan »

Idk what’s gotten into this board this week, everyone needs to take a chill pill IMO.

Added in 1 minute :
:freak:
G1985 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:19 pm I know that the below article is discussing a Jurassic World TV show and not a Godzilla one, but I found this one quote troubling. I think it applies to the expectation that we'll see titans (and especially titan brawls) in every episode of the upcoming Monarch series...
While streaming services shell out big budgets for the right shows these days, dinosaurs on TV would be wildly expensive. It also might run the risk of diminishing the value of the movies if people felt like this was suddenly something that could be streamed from the comfort of their homes, rather than a cinematic event.
https://www.slashfilm.com/750171/jurass ... -exclusive
Sadly, I think the pandemic ripped that band-aid off and people are expecting more big franchises on streaming services.

Legion1979
Sazer

Post by Legion1979 »

But that said, how many TV shows on streaming services feature fully CGI fantastical creatures as main characters?

shadowgigan
EDF Instructor

Post by shadowgigan »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:31 pm But that said, how many TV shows on streaming services feature fully CGI fantastical creatures as main characters?
Stranger Things and Game of Thrones are the ones that come to mind.

Thatguy4683
G-Grasper

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:13 am
BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:43 am Didn't know the fourm had so many incels in it, seriously a name and brief description and jumping to conclusions of "OMG SJW MARY SUE" some of yall need to touch some grass
EXACTLY what I was thinking. Seems like a number of people on this site missed the fact that 2016 ended already and that a few screaming nutjobs on Tumblr don't make up an entire political movement. And Im just going to leave it at that......
Yeah, at this point people are very tired with Anti-SJW Community especially now in 2022. It’s like Anti-SJW Became the very thing they swore to destroy calling everything, “wOkE” where the thing that they’re calling out on is not a big deal.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

king_ghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by king_ghidorah »

Im fairly certain we will get some sort of kaiju action in each episode. It won’t be full blown battles but they’ll want something to keep people engaged.

That being said I would expect just a few minutes total for the majority of episodes but they’ll aim to make it impactful in someway.

Also. Kind of gross….both the initial SJW comment AND the reactions to it.

Executive Hamster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Executive Hamster »

I see nothing wrong with discussion politics, especially in a franchise that sees its roots in a very political package. But withing the context of this form and many others, yeah, might not be the best fit, so Ill be the first to shut my trap before the mods have to tell me to. This would be the point where I transition to something more on topic, but with this thread there isnt exactly much to talk about.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My prediction is we'll get flashbacks and maybe new footage of Godzilla vs the Muto in episode 1-2.
A couple mentions or solo TItan peeks for the middle-end of the series.
Last Episode Godzilla appears for what ever they want.

If we get more than 5 minutes across the series I'll be surprised.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by king_ghidorah »

^ seems to be the consensus. Monster fights each week would get repetitive anyways.

I think we will get a bit more than that. Maybe two battles in the series. One halfway through and then a banger at the end.

Beyond that. I’d expect surveillance footage of titans and other interactions that don’t involve fullblown cities etc.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

king_ghidorah wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm ^ seems to be the consensus. Monster fights each week would get repetitive anyways.

I think we will get a bit more than that. Maybe two battles in the series. One halfway through and then a banger at the end.

Beyond that. I’d expect surveillance footage of titans and other interactions that don’t involve fullblown cities etc.
Agreed. I'm sure all of us would love more Godzilla but this is a chance for Legendary to really make a good character driven story with minimal monsters to see if they can do so.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by king_ghidorah »

Yep. I’m not sure they can handle that sort of thing but that’s what I want to see so I’m more excited about this than I would be for another film at the moment. A true spiritual sequel to G 2014 that ties into GKOTM and GvK….with some decent human stuff as well. Sounds perfect to me.