GvK Japanese Screening Question

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

GvK Japanese Screening Question

Post by phantomsdaydreams »

For those of you, if any, who happened to attend the Japanese screening of the film, do you recall if they changed the end credits song? I heard talk of there being a new theme song by Man with a Mission and was wondering if it was purely in the marketing or actually inserted into the movie. If not, then thanks anyway. I'm trying to decide on whether or not I need the JP BRD release to quench my insatiable urge to own all versions of the movies. :)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GvK Japanese Screening Question

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If you'd asked me this a few months ago, I would have tried to give you an answer. My wife and I exited the theater the instant the movie ended because of Covid-19 and I had already seen the movie a bunch of times. I can't honestly remember.

The Godzilla vs. Kong Bluray is 15000 yen, or around 160$. While I understand your goal and appreciate wanting all cuts of the film, it feels a bit excessive to buy just over the possibility of a different ending song.

I'll give a day or two for people to respond, but after that I'm gonna merge it with the general discussion thread. As far as I'm aware, other than some people on the main site, I'm probably the only currently active member now that saw the film in Japanese theaters, so I dunno.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I didn't see it Japan but comments on the YouTube video below give the impression that it played over the end credits.
I went to see Godzilla. The view of the world was reflected in the song, and I was able to immerse myself in the lingering sound until the end. Cool !!!
Look at Godzilla. The moment when this song was played at the end. I wondered what this divine song was. And finally I found it. I love it
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

Post by phantomsdaydreams »

Thanks for the comment re-post, I appreciate it. =) It does seem as if it was inserted into the movie itself. Good to know. And the GvK regular edition BRD isn't nearly that expensive. The ones that come with the figures are gross, yes, but even the 4K is only 7,500 yen on Amazon.co.jp. Further, is it really that crazy when other people re-create old title cards and insert them back into the English dub edits of the movies? That seems about the same level of intense to me. Anyway, point taken, but it hardy seems that far off-base. I just like the song. :)
Last edited by phantomsdaydreams on Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.