Rodan Alpha level Titan?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Is Rodan an Alpha level Titan?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 39

goji89
Sazer

Re: Rodan Alpha level Titan?

Post by goji89 »

Mothra defeated Rodan, Ghidorah defeated Rodan, Bowed to Godzilla.....all within the same movie.

Rodan should count his lucky damn fucking stars he's even being talked about into joining the Kaiju Alpha League.
Last edited by goji89 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:42 pm Mothra defeated Rodan, Ghidorah defeated Rodan, Bowed to Godzilla.....all within the same movie.

Rodan should count his lucky damn skreeonking stars he's even being talked about into joining the Kaiju Alpha League.
And the others didn't even try to fight.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:42 pm Mothra defeated Rodan, Ghidorah defeated Rodan, Bowed to Godzilla.....all within the same movie.

Rodan should count his lucky damn skreeonking stars he's even being talked about into joining the Kaiju Alpha League.
Tiamat almost beat Godzilla underwater.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Tiamat almost beat Godzilla underwater.
That was after Kotm when Godzilla tried to take her throne. Only Rodan and the 4 Alphas fought in Kotm.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Hey he was actually winning against Mothra most of the time. Only his own arrogance led to his downfall. You can chalk that up to a weakness of Rodan I guess. He is his own worst enemy in that regard. If he didn't get so cocky I think it is safe to say he would have beaten Mothra. In fact, I'd actually argue it was a draw. Mothra was severely battered and even incapacitated for a bit. Just like Rodan was incapacitated. Plus Rodan is clearly more powerful than Mothra overall. It'd be like saying Kong is stronger than Godzilla because Godzilla got a bit too cocky when Kong cleaved him in the head.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lesko wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 pm

Hey he was actually winning against Mothra most of the time. Only his own arrogance led to his downfall. You can chalk that up to a weakness of Rodan I guess. He is his own worst enemy in that regard. If he didn't get so cocky I think it is safe to say he would have beaten Mothra. In fact, I'd actually argue it was a draw. Mothra was severely battered and even incapacitated for a bit. Just like Rodan was incapacitated. Plus Rodan is clearly more powerful than Mothra overall. It'd be like saying Kong is stronger than Godzilla because Godzilla got a bit too cocky when Kong cleaved him in the head.
No, Mothra won. Godzilla got up and continued the battle, Rodan was left for dead. Godzilla is a knockdown, Rodan is a knockout.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Mothra won, but Rodan had the upper hand (wing?) until Mothra pulled out the stinger. Like, there's no debating that. Mothra was pinned down, on her back, frantically dodging pecks that probably would have punched clean through her.

That still doesn't make Rodan an Alpha. Mothra was small, relatively frail, and not really meant to be a fighter.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

If Mothra is, Rodan is too.