Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Post Reply
User avatar
Thatguy4683
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:34 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:35 am Image

Turn out there concept art of the deleted mothra egg scene, I would love it if they showed it in the post credits
Forgive me if this was already discussed earlier (I can't keep up with these threads, they grow a mile a minute), but do we know if this scene was ever filmed? I know it was originally the post-credits scene of KOTM before being scrapped, then I heard it was attached to GvK (not sure if that's true - can anyone confirm/deny?). If its true it was attached to both movies, it must be fairly important.

Either way, it sounds like, at least at one point, they had more plans for Mothra. Should the Monsterverse continue, I hope that means we can expect some variation of this scene to pop up somewhere along the way, which is great because Mothra got the short end of the stick in that movie. It also seems to indicate some supernatural/magic elements, which Mothra could use. Didn't mind the approach they took in KOTM, but I'll always prefer a more spiritual Mothra.
Seems like they do have some ideas with the twin too, I really do hope mothra gets her own solo movie again
“I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.”

User avatar
Vandarker
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 am

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Vandarker »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Vandarker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:16 pm

From what I've gathered

The age established for Godzilla in awakening has been retconned or it was just a theory.

This....makes sense.

Assuming everyone, including Godzilla himself, are telling the truth.

Humanity is only a few hundred thousand years old, civilization is only a few thousand years old. The iwi recorded the initiation of the kong Gojira war, so the war itself must be thousands of years old. Godzilla's ancestors fought in this war, so we can assume a good five or six generations of gap. Even if we use HE predating sumeria theories, that would put godzilla at a couple of thousands of years old, up to ten thousand if we stretch. So you wouldn't have to go back too far to have a whipper snapper of Godzilla.

Dagon him self kind of supports this theory too. He was the big Gojira of the time the Phoenicians, between 1550-300 BC. If Godzilla wasn't an adult by then, he's still a good three thousand years old.

Now, none of these are exact numbers, but yeah, Godzilla's age in awakening was an estimate of scientists who had only recently gotten into him, so them being wrong would make sense.
Spoiler:
Image
Dominion seems to suggest that Godzilla is younger than previously thought. There's a line in which Godzilla reminisces how the world has changed since he was born, and human civilization seems to have been around even when he was young.

The 'Gojira originating from the Permian' stuff in Awakening is pretty ambiguous, but it may have been talking about the Gojira species as a whole, not our protagonist "Godzilla" individual himself. It's pretty ambiguous the way it's depicted, and they never really make a distinction between the Gojira species and "Godzilla" as an individual.

Or maybe human civilization was much older than we though in the Monsterverse. The series isn't much for scientific accuracy, so that's also possible. Great apes appeared around 17 million years ago, and the Kong species may be that old. If Godzilla had an encounter with an early member of the Kong species when he was young, that would still make him pretty old.

And it's also possible that the Gojira species DOES take millions of years to mature, it's already proven that they have incredibly long lifespans so it's possible. I'd imagine that the Gojira species is much longer-lived and takes a longer time to mature, when compared to Kongs. Like big cats and crocodiles in real life. Big cats have an average lifespan of 10~15 years in the wild, while large crocodiles live up to a hundred years and take 15~16 years just to mature.

Or it's also possible that Godzilla was already an adult by then, just smaller. In real life, reptiles keep growing even after they mature, and the size difference between an aged, seasoned individual and a young, freshly-matured individual is huge. Again, take crocodiles for example. Male Saltwater Crocodiles average around 10~11 feet and weigh less than 200 kilograms when they mature. But older males may grow double, or triple that size, and even older males are 5~6 times bigger. Naturally, the older males are a lot more powerful than younger ones and they become the dominant alphas in their territory; younger males are forced out. The same thing may be applied to Godzilla.
I like how you stated then growing at the end and it stands that we need to clarify the word "mature"

Mature=/=fully grown
Mature=sexually developed

It means, animals have grown and developed their reproductive system into working order, even if their bodies are no where finished growing

So Godzilla could be old enough to lay pipe and bring forth a harvest but still not be "fully grown"

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:03 pm Until the movies say directly he isn't 250m years old Awakening is his origin. Godzilla saying opened his eyes us describing how much he has seen not necessarily what his first sights were.
Tbf, no movie said he was 250m years old.

The only thing the movies said about his age was that his ancestors fought in a war that happened recently enough that a 200,000 year old species were recording it roughly 3,500 years ago. I'm taking a bet Godzilla and Jesus might have matching birth dates.
Nah he's still probably older than Jesus. KOTM states that Godzilla's lair predates all previously known human civilizations, and in Dominion, Godzilla recalls that the ancient people built the place for him and before that he lived someplace else (before he was evicted by an ancient member of the Kong species). He also narrates how he's seen continents shift and oceans change shape, so he's at least lived through several geological epochs. Human civilization in the Monsterverse is just incredibly old, far older than actual history. Godzilla also describes the time he co-existed with humans as "long ago", so even by Godzilla's standards, humans have been around for a long time.

It's worth noting that in the GvK novel, it's implied that Godzilla's race originated from Hollow Earth, having co-existed with Kong's species for some time before the Kongs were driven out. But in Dominion, Godzilla seems to perceive Hollow Earth as a foreign place and seemingly has no recollections of living there himself. Instead, the dialogue seems to indicate that he was born in the surface world.
During his travels, he encounters a school of Piranha/Dunkleosteus-like creatures, and he thinks that they must have come from Hollow Earth because he doesn't recognize them. He also perceives these creatures as alien threats that do not belong to his world. Godzilla's lair in KOTM, while initially described as a part of the Hollow Earth system, is merely described as an extension of the surface world, and according to Godzilla, the real Hollow Earth lies beneath the subterranean tunnel systems. Which lines up with how GvK (both movie and novelization) depicts Hollow Earth as a place that can be only accessed by entering a gravity Vortex.

Godzilla may belong to a younger generation that was born after the Great War that happened inside Hollow Earth. The world he remembers is the surface world with humans already in it, and he doesn't seem to consider Hollow Earth as his place of origin. This lines up with how Jia describes Godzilla as an "orphan" in the novelization, same as Kong. It also seems that the Zo-zla-halawa described in the Iwi legends of Hollow Earth is probably not Godzilla himself, but rather a member of his species.

I think this was actually implied in G2014, when Serizawa describes Dagon as a specimen that is "much older" than Godzilla.
Image

User avatar
obZen
Interpol Agent
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:24 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by obZen »

Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14704
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by miguelnuva »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Vandarker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:16 pm

From what I've gathered

The age established for Godzilla in awakening has been retconned or it was just a theory.

This....makes sense.

Assuming everyone, including Godzilla himself, are telling the truth.

Humanity is only a few hundred thousand years old, civilization is only a few thousand years old. The iwi recorded the initiation of the kong Gojira war, so the war itself must be thousands of years old. Godzilla's ancestors fought in this war, so we can assume a good five or six generations of gap. Even if we use HE predating sumeria theories, that would put godzilla at a couple of thousands of years old, up to ten thousand if we stretch. So you wouldn't have to go back too far to have a whipper snapper of Godzilla.

Dagon him self kind of supports this theory too. He was the big Gojira of the time the Phoenicians, between 1550-300 BC. If Godzilla wasn't an adult by then, he's still a good three thousand years old.

Now, none of these are exact numbers, but yeah, Godzilla's age in awakening was an estimate of scientists who had only recently gotten into him, so them being wrong would make sense.
Spoiler:
Image
Dominion seems to suggest that Godzilla is younger than previously thought. There's a line in which Godzilla reminisces how the world has changed since he was born, and human civilization seems to have been around even when he was young.

The 'Gojira originating from the Permian' stuff in Awakening is pretty ambiguous, but it may have been talking about the Gojira species as a whole, not our protagonist "Godzilla" individual himself. It's pretty ambiguous the way it's depicted, and they never really make a distinction between the Gojira species and "Godzilla" as an individual.

Or maybe human civilization was much older than we though in the Monsterverse. The series isn't much for scientific accuracy, so that's also possible. Great apes appeared around 17 million years ago, and the Kong species may be that old. If Godzilla had an encounter with an early member of the Kong species when he was young, that would still make him pretty old.

And it's also possible that the Gojira species DOES take millions of years to mature, it's already proven that they have incredibly long lifespans so it's possible. I'd imagine that the Gojira species is much longer-lived and takes a longer time to mature, when compared to Kongs. Like big cats and crocodiles in real life. Big cats have an average lifespan of 10~15 years in the wild, while large crocodiles live up to a hundred years and take 15~16 years just to mature.

Or it's also possible that Godzilla was already an adult by then, just smaller. In real life, reptiles keep growing even after they mature, and the size difference between an aged, seasoned individual and a young, freshly-matured individual is huge. Again, take crocodiles for example. Male Saltwater Crocodiles average around 10~11 feet and weigh less than 200 kilograms when they mature. But older males may grow double, or triple that size, and even older males are 5~6 times bigger. Naturally, the older males are a lot more powerful than younger ones and they become the dominant alphas in their territory; younger males are forced out. The same thing may be applied to Godzilla.
I like how you stated then growing at the end and it stands that we need to clarify the word "mature"

Mature=/=fully grown
Mature=sexually developed

It means, animals have grown and developed their reproductive system into working order, even if their bodies are no where finished growing

So Godzilla could be old enough to lay pipe and bring forth a harvest but still not be "fully grown"

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:03 pm Until the movies say directly he isn't 250m years old Awakening is his origin. Godzilla saying opened his eyes us describing how much he has seen not necessarily what his first sights were.
Tbf, no movie said he was 250m years old.

The only thing the movies said about his age was that his ancestors fought in a war that happened recently enough that a 200,000 year old species were recording it roughly 3,500 years ago. I'm taking a bet Godzilla and Jesus might have matching birth dates.
G14 says he is from a time where the Earth was 10x more radioactive then now.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.
That Skelton is confirmed to be Adam/Dagon.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Vandarker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Spoiler:
Image
Dominion seems to suggest that Godzilla is younger than previously thought. There's a line in which Godzilla reminisces how the world has changed since he was born, and human civilization seems to have been around even when he was young.

The 'Gojira originating from the Permian' stuff in Awakening is pretty ambiguous, but it may have been talking about the Gojira species as a whole, not our protagonist "Godzilla" individual himself. It's pretty ambiguous the way it's depicted, and they never really make a distinction between the Gojira species and "Godzilla" as an individual.

Or maybe human civilization was much older than we though in the Monsterverse. The series isn't much for scientific accuracy, so that's also possible. Great apes appeared around 17 million years ago, and the Kong species may be that old. If Godzilla had an encounter with an early member of the Kong species when he was young, that would still make him pretty old.

And it's also possible that the Gojira species DOES take millions of years to mature, it's already proven that they have incredibly long lifespans so it's possible. I'd imagine that the Gojira species is much longer-lived and takes a longer time to mature, when compared to Kongs. Like big cats and crocodiles in real life. Big cats have an average lifespan of 10~15 years in the wild, while large crocodiles live up to a hundred years and take 15~16 years just to mature.

Or it's also possible that Godzilla was already an adult by then, just smaller. In real life, reptiles keep growing even after they mature, and the size difference between an aged, seasoned individual and a young, freshly-matured individual is huge. Again, take crocodiles for example. Male Saltwater Crocodiles average around 10~11 feet and weigh less than 200 kilograms when they mature. But older males may grow double, or triple that size, and even older males are 5~6 times bigger. Naturally, the older males are a lot more powerful than younger ones and they become the dominant alphas in their territory; younger males are forced out. The same thing may be applied to Godzilla.
I like how you stated then growing at the end and it stands that we need to clarify the word "mature"

Mature=/=fully grown
Mature=sexually developed

It means, animals have grown and developed their reproductive system into working order, even if their bodies are no where finished growing

So Godzilla could be old enough to lay pipe and bring forth a harvest but still not be "fully grown"

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:03 pm Until the movies say directly he isn't 250m years old Awakening is his origin. Godzilla saying opened his eyes us describing how much he has seen not necessarily what his first sights were.
Tbf, no movie said he was 250m years old.

The only thing the movies said about his age was that his ancestors fought in a war that happened recently enough that a 200,000 year old species were recording it roughly 3,500 years ago. I'm taking a bet Godzilla and Jesus might have matching birth dates.
G14 says he is from a time where the Earth was 10x more radioactive then now.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.
That Skelton is confirmed to be Adam/Dagon.
I thought Dagon was from 2014? Any way, serizawa didn't fully know about HE and what not, he could have also been talking about the species as a whole.

User avatar
obZen
Interpol Agent
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:24 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by obZen »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 pm Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.
That Skelton is confirmed to be Adam/Dagon.
I do not refute canon — but tell me more about how those skeletal remains resemble that of Godzilla’s.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14704
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by miguelnuva »

obZen wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:38 am
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 pm Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.
That Skelton is confirmed to be Adam/Dagon.
I do not refute canon — but tell me more about how those skeletal remains resemble that of Godzilla’s.
I don't pay that much attention to Godzilla's skeleton vs the one in the cavern. If they say it's Dagon that's enough for me. All the pre movie, post movie and during movie all imply it was a Godzilla that's fine at the end of the day.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Hokmuto »

obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:09 pm

Dude, there’s a guy who literally worked on the movie VFX who has since stated there were partially-finished sequences with Godzilla in the armor.

Proof plz. Hell, DM me where I can message this "VFX artist"

Added in 2 minutes 30 seconds:
Shenanigans wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Forgive me if this was already discussed earlier (I can't keep up with these threads, they grow a mile a minute), but do we know if this scene was ever filmed? I know it was originally the post-credits scene of KOTM before being scrapped, then I heard it was attached to GvK (not sure if that's true - can anyone confirm/deny?). If its true it was attached to both movies, it must be fairly important.
For KOTM, it only reached the storyboard level, but was scrapped in favor of the Ghidorah head as it tied more to GvK. For GvK though, this scene came up again and was actually filmed. There are some images of the filming (albeit not officially released ones from what I can tell). But it was then scrapped once more
Long Live The King

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 pm
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.
That Skelton is confirmed to be Adam/Dagon.
Are we talking about the one from the start of G2014? Yeah, that's 100% Dagon alright, and I think the ribs they're standing in are inside his tail. It'd make sense for Godzilla to have ribs in his tail for extra strength and support. Here's my question, though- How the hell are they facing upwards? Surely Dagon couldn't roll on his back to die, he has huge spines there, even on the tail.
Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Showzilla »

Vandarker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:14 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Vandarker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Spoiler:
Image
Dominion seems to suggest that Godzilla is younger than previously thought. There's a line in which Godzilla reminisces how the world has changed since he was born, and human civilization seems to have been around even when he was young.

The 'Gojira originating from the Permian' stuff in Awakening is pretty ambiguous, but it may have been talking about the Gojira species as a whole, not our protagonist "Godzilla" individual himself. It's pretty ambiguous the way it's depicted, and they never really make a distinction between the Gojira species and "Godzilla" as an individual.

Or maybe human civilization was much older than we though in the Monsterverse. The series isn't much for scientific accuracy, so that's also possible. Great apes appeared around 17 million years ago, and the Kong species may be that old. If Godzilla had an encounter with an early member of the Kong species when he was young, that would still make him pretty old.

And it's also possible that the Gojira species DOES take millions of years to mature, it's already proven that they have incredibly long lifespans so it's possible. I'd imagine that the Gojira species is much longer-lived and takes a longer time to mature, when compared to Kongs. Like big cats and crocodiles in real life. Big cats have an average lifespan of 10~15 years in the wild, while large crocodiles live up to a hundred years and take 15~16 years just to mature.

Or it's also possible that Godzilla was already an adult by then, just smaller. In real life, reptiles keep growing even after they mature, and the size difference between an aged, seasoned individual and a young, freshly-matured individual is huge. Again, take crocodiles for example. Male Saltwater Crocodiles average around 10~11 feet and weigh less than 200 kilograms when they mature. But older males may grow double, or triple that size, and even older males are 5~6 times bigger. Naturally, the older males are a lot more powerful than younger ones and they become the dominant alphas in their territory; younger males are forced out. The same thing may be applied to Godzilla.
I like how you stated then growing at the end and it stands that we need to clarify the word "mature"

Mature=/=fully grown
Mature=sexually developed

It means, animals have grown and developed their reproductive system into working order, even if their bodies are no where finished growing

So Godzilla could be old enough to lay pipe and bring forth a harvest but still not be "fully grown"

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:03 pm Until the movies say directly he isn't 250m years old Awakening is his origin. Godzilla saying opened his eyes us describing how much he has seen not necessarily what his first sights were.
Tbf, no movie said he was 250m years old.

The only thing the movies said about his age was that his ancestors fought in a war that happened recently enough that a 200,000 year old species were recording it roughly 3,500 years ago. I'm taking a bet Godzilla and Jesus might have matching birth dates.
Nah he's still probably older than Jesus. KOTM states that Godzilla's lair predates all previously known human civilizations, and in Dominion, Godzilla recalls that the ancient people built the place for him and before that he lived someplace else (before he was evicted by an ancient member of the Kong species). He also narrates how he's seen continents shift and oceans change shape, so he's at least lived through several geological epochs. Human civilization in the Monsterverse is just incredibly old, far older than actual history. Godzilla also describes the time he co-existed with humans as "long ago", so even by Godzilla's standards, humans have been around for a long time.

It's worth noting that in the GvK novel, it's implied that Godzilla's race originated from Hollow Earth, having co-existed with Kong's species for some time before the Kongs were driven out. But in Dominion, Godzilla seems to perceive Hollow Earth as a foreign place and seemingly has no recollections of living there himself. Instead, the dialogue seems to indicate that he was born in the surface world.
During his travels, he encounters a school of Piranha/Dunkleosteus-like creatures, and he thinks that they must have come from Hollow Earth because he doesn't recognize them. He also perceives these creatures as alien threats that do not belong to his world. Godzilla's lair in KOTM, while initially described as a part of the Hollow Earth system, is merely described as an extension of the surface world, and according to Godzilla, the real Hollow Earth lies beneath the subterranean tunnel systems. Which lines up with how GvK (both movie and novelization) depicts Hollow Earth as a place that can be only accessed by entering a gravity Vortex.

Godzilla may belong to a younger generation that was born after the Great War that happened inside Hollow Earth. The world he remembers is the surface world with humans already in it, and he doesn't seem to consider Hollow Earth as his place of origin. This lines up with how Jia describes Godzilla as an "orphan" in the novelization, same as Kong. It also seems that the Zo-zla-halawa described in the Iwi legends of Hollow Earth is probably not Godzilla himself, but rather a member of his species.

I think this was actually implied in G2014, when Serizawa describes Dagon as a specimen that is "much older" than Godzilla.
Oh, I was just making a joke about the God/Godzilla parallels

But yeah, the civilization that built Godzilla's temple (but not for him specifically...maybe) is based on Atlantis, which was about 10,000ish bc. So it fits.

So yeah, I think Godzilla has traveled to and from HE, but has never resided there.

And yes, you're right, Godzilla was never involved in the war. Ancestors implies a few generations between the war concluding and Godzilla being born. So, humans are 200,000 years old, ancient civilizations like Atlantis have been around for about 10,000 years and Godzilla remembers seeing them when he was a hatching....so, if I was going to venture to estimate his age.....I'd say he probably grew up with the Sumerian at his youngest and may have seen the fall of Atlantis at his oldest. So, between then and there, he had a run in with the outcast kong population of skull island.

User avatar
Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 pm
Location: Painis Island

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:02 am
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 pm
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm Physiology — those skeletal remains are sus; ain’t even congruent to Godzilla’s .



Way too many ribcsages, bruh.
That Skelton is confirmed to be Adam/Dagon.
Are we talking about the one from the start of G2014? Yeah, that's 100% Dagon alright, and I think the ribs they're standing in are inside his tail. It'd make sense for Godzilla to have ribs in his tail for extra strength and support. Here's my question, though- How the hell are they facing upwards? Surely Dagon couldn't roll on his back to die, he has huge spines there, even on the tail.
Is he not on his back in the final panel we see him dying in Aftershock?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Image
Image

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Isla Nublar, 120 miles West of Costa Rica

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Toho needs to skreeonk off with their emotionless Godzilla boner they have
Image

DynomikeGojira
Interpol Agent
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:53 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Yeah I'm still gonna go with with Godzilla is millions of years old from the Permian. Hollow Earth is just the surviving part of that ancient ecosystem that popped up every once in a throughout history otherwise you wouldn't have as many surface dwelling Titans like Godzilla being around. The Kongs and the various human civilizations likely migrated there until they either died out or were pushed out.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Keizer
Posts: 8673
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm taking a bet Godzilla and Jesus might have matching birth dates.
Nah he's still probably older than Jesus
We're missing the bigger picture here, Godzilla is Jesus
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Jermobooka
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 1011
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm
Location: Somewheeeere over the rainbow

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Jermobooka »

I know I’ve gushed about this like an annoying amount of times already, but it’s still unbelievable

A modern, popular, big budget Hollywood Godzilla/King Kong film series that honors their series’ past while creating something new and unique. I never would’ve thought that Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, and Rodan teaming up in one big event film would ever be entirely possible. Or hell, Godzilla and Kong teaming up in the first place. Against goddamn MECHAGODZILLA no less!

All of that while creating fantastic redesigns and incarnations of beloved past kaiju. If you were to tell me all of this and that an american studio would’ve created one of the best, most iconic, most memorable Godzilla designs/incarnations, especially after Motherskreeonkin’ GINO, i would’ve slapped the poop out of you lol

Can’t wait to see where the Monsterverse goes next!
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
Major sssspielberg!
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:48 am

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:48 am I know I’ve gushed about this like an annoying amount of times already, but it’s still unbelievable

A modern, popular, big budget Hollywood Godzilla/King Kong film series that honors their series’ past while creating something new and unique. I never would’ve thought that Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, and Rodan teaming up in one big event film would ever be entirely possible. Or hell, Godzilla and Kong teaming up in the first place. Against goddamn MECHAGODZILLA no less!

All of that while creating fantastic redesigns and incarnations of beloved past kaiju. If you were to tell me all of this and that an american studio would’ve created one of the best, most iconic, most memorable Godzilla designs/incarnations, especially after Motherskreeonkin’ GINO, i would’ve slapped the poop out of you lol

Can’t wait to see where the Monsterverse goes next!
Well... I'm not gonna say Legendary Godzilla is one of the most iconic or even best designs, but it is a marvel to see the Godzilla/Kong team up be the film to inspire optimism for the survival of the theatrical distribution model. You can't argue the Monsterverse is a more respectful take on Godzilla than '98.
I do find all the praise GvK is getting for it's truncated characters a little disheartening though. Obviously the cornerstone of a kaiju film is the actual kaiju action/fights, but you also can't pretend Toho hasn't made better films overall for smaller budgets that did manage to make engaging characters and still have jaw dropping 'action' scenes.
I personally yearn for films like Mothra vs Godzilla that weren't afraid to shoot for the stars just because the film is about monsters fighting.
End of the day though, what makes me happiest about GvK and the MV is seeing my girlfriend's nephew so excited about Godzilla and Kong and reenacting actual scenes and moments from the movie with his toys. The next generation of fans might not share my exact views on the franchise but they'll have a Godzilla to love, and that's what skreeonkin counts!
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.
:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

User avatar
Mechabrozilla
Ronin
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:44 am

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Mechabrozilla »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:48 am I know I’ve gushed about this like an annoying amount of times already, but it’s still unbelievable

A modern, popular, big budget Hollywood Godzilla/King Kong film series that honors their series’ past while creating something new and unique. I never would’ve thought that Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, and Rodan teaming up in one big event film would ever be entirely possible. Or hell, Godzilla and Kong teaming up in the first place. Against goddamn MECHAGODZILLA no less!

All of that while creating fantastic redesigns and incarnations of beloved past kaiju. If you were to tell me all of this and that an american studio would’ve created one of the best, most iconic, most memorable Godzilla designs/incarnations, especially after Motherskreeonkin’ GINO, i would’ve slapped the poop out of you lol

Can’t wait to see where the Monsterverse goes next!
I've said this before but I grew up with the '98 movie. It was one of my favourites as a kid and made me the fan I am today - but I live in the UK, where we get next to no home releases of any of the old movies, even the then-recent millennium ones.

Fast forward to 2021 and the Monsterverse exists. Its incredible.

User avatar
Shenanigans
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Shenanigans »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm Seems like they do have some ideas with the twin too, I really do hope mothra gets her own solo movie again
I always thought it'd be neat to do smaller-budget streaming releases, like what Dinsey+ is doing. HBO Max seems like it'd be a perfect outlet for a smaller-scale Mothra film. Doubtful it'd ever happen, but never say never.
Hokmuto wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:18 am
Shenanigans wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Forgive me if this was already discussed earlier (I can't keep up with these threads, they grow a mile a minute), but do we know if this scene was ever filmed? I know it was originally the post-credits scene of KOTM before being scrapped, then I heard it was attached to GvK (not sure if that's true - can anyone confirm/deny?). If its true it was attached to both movies, it must be fairly important.
For KOTM, it only reached the storyboard level, but was scrapped in favor of the Ghidorah head as it tied more to GvK. For GvK though, this scene came up again and was actually filmed. There are some images of the filming (albeit not officially released ones from what I can tell). But it was then scrapped once more
Thanks for the info! In the event that they continue this series, it's hard to imagine Mothra not showing up again (hopefully with a larger role). Very neat!

Don't suppose anybody knows where to find said images/vids from the filming?
Last edited by Shenanigans on Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Major sssspielberg!
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:48 am

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Makes you wonder if Charles Dance just said "skreeonk it" and sold the Ghidorah head to Less Evil SpaceX for a nice profit so he could max and relax in a nice LA apartment.
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.
:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer
Posts: 11582
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:37 pm Makes you wonder if Charles Dance just said "skreeonk it" and sold the Ghidorah head to Less Evil SpaceX for a nice profit so he could max and relax in a nice LA apartment.
I'm adopting that as a headcanon. Lol. :lol:
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

Post Reply