Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Post Reply
Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 pm In Godzilla Dominion, it's said that Kong (The Rival) forced Godzilla out of his original home.
A Kong forced Godzilla out of Skull island. Godzilla was the one calling the other Titans to Skull Island in the kotm credits.
When he was a whelp, it seems like the skull island Kongs drive him off

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14690
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by miguelnuva »

Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 pm In Godzilla Dominion, it's said that Kong (The Rival) forced Godzilla out of his original home.
A Kong forced Godzilla out of Skull island. Godzilla was the one calling the other Titans to Skull Island in the kotm credits.
When he was a whelp, it seems like the skull island Kongs drive him off
Based on how Legendary has written the MV Godzilla got significantly more powerful on 2019.

Edward's Godzilla as powerful as he was likely would have lost even quicker than Kong did to Dougherty/Wingard’s Godzilla.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm
Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:53 pm

A Kong forced Godzilla out of Skull island. Godzilla was the one calling the other Titans to Skull Island in the kotm credits.
When he was a whelp, it seems like the skull island Kongs drive him off
Based on how Legendary has written the MV Godzilla got significantly more powerful on 2019.

Edward's Godzilla as powerful as he was likely would have lost even quicker than Kong did to Dougherty/Wingard’s Godzilla.
keep in mind, Wingard has recently state Godzilla kicked Kong's ass at 50%. the Magical wonders of Titan puberty.

User avatar
KaijuKingGojira
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm
Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am

When he was a whelp, it seems like the skull island Kongs drive him off
Based on how Legendary has written the MV Godzilla got significantly more powerful on 2019.

Edward's Godzilla as powerful as he was likely would have lost even quicker than Kong did to Dougherty/Wingard’s Godzilla.
keep in mind, Wingard has recently state Godzilla kicked Kong's ass at 50%. the Magical wonders of Titan puberty.
Wait what? Quote plz

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14690
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by miguelnuva »

Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm
Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am

When he was a whelp, it seems like the skull island Kongs drive him off
Based on how Legendary has written the MV Godzilla got significantly more powerful on 2019.

Edward's Godzilla as powerful as he was likely would have lost even quicker than Kong did to Dougherty/Wingard’s Godzilla.
keep in mind, Wingard has recently state Godzilla kicked Kong's ass at 50%. the Magical wonders of Titan puberty.
Godzilla in the next movie when he and Kong are being pushed.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/gChe4WRv5qU[/YouTube]
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Showzilla »

KaijuKingGojira wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:46 pm
Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Based on how Legendary has written the MV Godzilla got significantly more powerful on 2019.

Edward's Godzilla as powerful as he was likely would have lost even quicker than Kong did to Dougherty/Wingard’s Godzilla.
keep in mind, Wingard has recently state Godzilla kicked Kong's ass at 50%. the Magical wonders of Titan puberty.
Wait what? Quote plz


User avatar
vastatosaurus
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by vastatosaurus »

Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 pm
KaijuKingGojira wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:46 pm
Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm

keep in mind, Wingard has recently state Godzilla kicked Kong's ass at 50%. the Magical wonders of Titan puberty.
Wait what? Quote plz

Can't see the video. But if it's from Alteori or something, that is false info. Adam Wingard never said words like "50%".

User avatar
Vandarker
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 689
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Vandarker »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:38 am
Showzilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 pm
KaijuKingGojira wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:46 pm

Wait what? Quote plz

Can't see the video. But if it's from Alteori or something, that is false info. Adam Wingard never said words like "50%".
Yeah it's false. It's just a video of some random guy saying bullshit. He pretends that what he's saying is from an actual interview, but the link he gives is the Tohokingdom interview which actually says nothing of the sort.
Image

BennettCommando
GPN Volunteer
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by BennettCommando »

I was confused about which faction won the war. In Iwi myth, it is implied that their ancestors and Titanus Kongs, moved to Skull Island after their war with Titanus Gojira. While in Dominion, it is said that Titanus Kong drove Godzilla out from his original home. So......Which species won the war.

Aside from that, I also wanted to know if other Titans also join the war, or just Gojiras and Kongs.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Showzilla »

BennettCommando wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 pm I was confused about which faction won the war. In Iwi myth, it is implied that their ancestors and Titanus Kongs, moved to Skull Island after their war with Titanus Gojira. While in Dominion, it is said that Titanus Kong drove Godzilla out from his original home. So......Which species won the war.

Aside from that, I also wanted to know if other Titans also join the war, or just Gojiras and Kongs.
The Gojiras won the war, the kongs then drove Godzilla himself off back when he was an adolescent at a much later date. In the novel, Godzilla states that the kongs were driven out

"He pulled himself up. The time for rest was done. His gaze rested on the gigantic skull of the enemy, the ancient adversary his kind had once driven from this place but never completely defeated. He shrieked his warning, his threat, his growing rage."

Tiamat killed the kong(s) who drove Godzilla out and Godzilla defeated tiamat

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14690
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by miguelnuva »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 pm
BennettCommando wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 pm I was confused about which faction won the war. In Iwi myth, it is implied that their ancestors and Titanus Kongs, moved to Skull Island after their war with Titanus Gojira. While in Dominion, it is said that Titanus Kong drove Godzilla out from his original home. So......Which species won the war.

Aside from that, I also wanted to know if other Titans also join the war, or just Gojiras and Kongs.
The Gojiras won the war, the kongs then drove Godzilla himself off back when he was an adolescent at a much later date. In the novel, Godzilla states that the kongs were driven out

"He pulled himself up. The time for rest was done. His gaze rested on the gigantic skull of the enemy, the ancient adversary his kind had once driven from this place but never completely defeated. He shrieked his warning, his threat, his growing rage."

Tiamat killed the kong(s) who drove Godzilla out and Godzilla defeated tiamat
The Kongs drove Godzilla from Skull island is what it looked like and then Tiamat was just there.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:50 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 pm
BennettCommando wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 pm I was confused about which faction won the war. In Iwi myth, it is implied that their ancestors and Titanus Kongs, moved to Skull Island after their war with Titanus Gojira. While in Dominion, it is said that Titanus Kong drove Godzilla out from his original home. So......Which species won the war.

Aside from that, I also wanted to know if other Titans also join the war, or just Gojiras and Kongs.
The Gojiras won the war, the kongs then drove Godzilla himself off back when he was an adolescent at a much later date. In the novel, Godzilla states that the kongs were driven out

"He pulled himself up. The time for rest was done. His gaze rested on the gigantic skull of the enemy, the ancient adversary his kind had once driven from this place but never completely defeated. He shrieked his warning, his threat, his growing rage."

Tiamat killed the kong(s) who drove Godzilla out and Godzilla defeated tiamat
The Kongs drove Godzilla from Skull island is what it looked like and then Tiamat was just there.
Yeah, I was talking with a guy on YT who was so insistent that the kongs won that I had to ask him "if every source says they got driven out of HE and it took a troop of adult Kongs to drive off baby Godzilla, how could they win?"

User avatar
miguelnuva
Sazer
Posts: 14690
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by miguelnuva »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:58 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:50 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 pm

The Gojiras won the war, the kongs then drove Godzilla himself off back when he was an adolescent at a much later date. In the novel, Godzilla states that the kongs were driven out

"He pulled himself up. The time for rest was done. His gaze rested on the gigantic skull of the enemy, the ancient adversary his kind had once driven from this place but never completely defeated. He shrieked his warning, his threat, his growing rage."

Tiamat killed the kong(s) who drove Godzilla out and Godzilla defeated tiamat
The Kongs drove Godzilla from Skull island is what it looked like and then Tiamat was just there.
Yeah, I was talking with a guy on YT who was so insistent that the kongs won that I had to ask him "if every source says they got driven out of HE and it took a troop of adult Kongs to drive off baby Godzilla, how could they win?"
I think he was grown just in his 2014 self. The MV has so many retcons but considering Dominion just came out they are really playing up the fusing with Mothra made Godzilla significantly more powerful.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Image

ImageImage Image

BennettCommando
GPN Volunteer
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by BennettCommando »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 pm
BennettCommando wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 pm I was confused about which faction won the war. In Iwi myth, it is implied that their ancestors and Titanus Kongs, moved to Skull Island after their war with Titanus Gojira. While in Dominion, it is said that Titanus Kong drove Godzilla out from his original home. So......Which species won the war.

Aside from that, I also wanted to know if other Titans also join the war, or just Gojiras and Kongs.
The Gojiras won the war, the kongs then drove Godzilla himself off back when he was an adolescent at a much later date. In the novel, Godzilla states that the kongs were driven out

"He pulled himself up. The time for rest was done. His gaze rested on the gigantic skull of the enemy, the ancient adversary his kind had once driven from this place but never completely defeated. He shrieked his warning, his threat, his growing rage."

Tiamat killed the kong(s) who drove Godzilla out and Godzilla defeated tiamat

Thanks for answering. Now I started to figure out the current timeline.
In distant past, two Titan species: Titanus Gojira and Titanus Kong had a great war for some reasons(Probably related to Hollow Earth Energy). Titanus Gojira turned out to be the winner of this great war. The Kongs moved to Skull Island.
(It is possible that other Titans might join the war, too. As a cave painting showed Mothra and Skull Crawlers along with Godzilla and Kong.)

Godzilla,a member of Titanus Gojira, once visited Skull Island after the great war, and was driven off by local Kongs.

Judge from the graphic novel and novelization, it is likely that Ghidorah's invasion happened after the “Gojira/Kong War.”

There's still one question left. In the ending credits of KOTM. It is implied that some ancient humans tried to use Titans as weapons
or tried to control Titans. Such blasphemy caused Titans to fight back. A war between Titans and human broke out.

I was thinking about the “Titan/Human War”.was the war the same one with “Gojira/Kong War”?

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 am
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:58 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:50 pm

The Kongs drove Godzilla from Skull island is what it looked like and then Tiamat was just there.
Yeah, I was talking with a guy on YT who was so insistent that the kongs won that I had to ask him "if every source says they got driven out of HE and it took a troop of adult Kongs to drive off baby Godzilla, how could they win?"
I think he was grown just in his 2014 self. The MV has so many retcons but considering Dominion just came out they are really playing up the fusing with Mothra made Godzilla significantly more powerful.
I don't think he's more powerful, just that he's got new abilities.

User avatar
ClandestineCanine9
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:15 am
Location: the clay pit

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:50 am It is implied that some ancient humans tried to use Titans as weapons
or tried to control Titans. Such blasphemy caused Titans to fight back. A war between Titans and human broke out.
so, sorta like MechaGodzilla?
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!
never forget tadpole

User avatar
AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

Out of curiosity, does it explain any thoughts or feelings Godzilla and Kong had during the final axe dropping scene before they part ways?
Last edited by AWMGodzilla62 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vandarker
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 689
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Vandarker »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 am
Showzilla wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:58 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:50 pm

The Kongs drove Godzilla from Skull island is what it looked like and then Tiamat was just there.
Yeah, I was talking with a guy on YT who was so insistent that the kongs won that I had to ask him "if every source says they got driven out of HE and it took a troop of adult Kongs to drive off baby Godzilla, how could they win?"
I think he was grown just in his 2014 self. The MV has so many retcons but considering Dominion just came out they are really playing up the fusing with Mothra made Godzilla significantly more powerful.
Nah, he probably wasn't. The Gojira-Kong feud happened a long time ago, even before Ghidorah arrived on Earth. Godzilla describes Kong's kind as an enemy more ancient than Ghidorah.
Image

User avatar
Pkmatrix
Futurian
Posts: 3280
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by Pkmatrix »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 pm Out of curiosity, does it explain any thoughts or feelings Godzilla and Kong had during the final axe dropping scene before they part ways?
I don't believe so, no. If I recall, that scene is told from one of the humans' POV (I think Madison's?) Basically everything that happens in Hong Kong is from the humans' POV, with the sole exception of a paragraph from Mechagodzilla's POV (his first waking up).
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ClandestineCanine9
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:15 am
Location: the clay pit

Re: Godzilla vs Kong novel: The differences between it and the movie

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Pkmatrix wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 ama paragraph from Mechagodzilla's POV (his first waking up).
oh?
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!
never forget tadpole

Post Reply