Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by Gojira18 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Meh, all the youtube reviewers we've seen so far are have basically 10 subscribers at most, 6 being bots, 3 being advertisers and 1 being a legitimate fan.

Once the big dogs start reviewing films we'll get a better idea of WoM

I feel like Jeremy Jahns is going to like it, Angry Joe will likely like it, Critikal will probably enjoy it, who else?
How about Chris Stuckmann?
I knew I was forgetting a big name, let's not forget the more geek based reviewers like Kevin Smith and Andre"BlackNerd".

This film seems like it hits all the right notes that these reviewers normally look for.
BlackNerd already said he enjoyed it on Twitter

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Why do some of the people on here act like the YouTube reviews are end all be all? 99% of youtube reviewers are GA's with an ego. And besides, we know that the positive reactions vastly outnumber the negative ones.
Confirmation bias mainly. For some people it's not about who's saying it, it's about what they're saying. When people come in and are like "Uh oh, this guy with 1000 subscribers said he didn't like it, this isn't looking good bros" and I'm just thinking... who the fuck is this guy and why would anyone consider him an "influencer"? I know nothing about these guys or their opinions on film, why would I trust this guy over any other Joe Schmoe? Because he decided to record himself?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira18 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: How about Chris Stuckmann?
I knew I was forgetting a big name, let's not forget the more geek based reviewers like Kevin Smith and Andre"BlackNerd".

This film seems like it hits all the right notes that these reviewers normally look for.
Boom there we go, already one down, 4 more to go. (Completely blanking on the other big youtubers)

I personally can't wait to see what The Cyber Nerds and #StruggleNation think of the film too.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: I knew I was forgetting a big name, let's not forget the more geek based reviewers like Kevin Smith and Andre"BlackNerd".

Boom there we go, already one down, 4 more to go. (Completely blanking on the other big youtubers)

I personally can't wait to see what The Cyber Nerds and #StruggleNation think of the film too.
Another one might be Mr. Sunday Movies.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Chris Stuckmann is a big Godzilla fan too. If he likes it, it'll help too

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: BlackNerd already said he enjoyed it on Twitter

I thought he only did breakdowns? Either way he's a funny dude, I'd love to see a review from him.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Rodan95 wrote:Chris Stuckmann is a big Godzilla fan too. If he likes it, it'll help too
“I grew up with Godzilla!” :lol:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

I'm honestly expecting all of the bigger movie based YouTubers (Jeremy Jahns, John Campea, Grace Randolph, Chris Stuckmann, etc.) to all give it a very meh, average review. Hope I'm wrong obviously - just a feeling I get though

Edit: And I got a feeling Red Letter Media and YMS are gonna tear it to shreds which is gonna be very unfortunate
Last edited by Moogabunga on Sat May 25, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Boom there we go, already one down, 4 more to go. (Completely blanking on the other big youtubers)

I thought he only did breakdowns? Either way he's a funny dude, I'd love to see a review from him.
He does via his podcast, although granted he usually posts those on the Monday's after the movies come out.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Sat May 25, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Moogabunga wrote:I'm honestly expecting all of the bigger movie based YouTubers (Jeremy Jahns, John Campea, Grace Randolph, Chris Stuckmann, etc.) to all give it a very meh, average review. Hope I'm wrong obviously - just a feeling I get though

Edit: And I got a feeling Red Letter Media and YMS are gonna tear it to shreds which is gonna be very unfortunate
YMS is overtly negative on pretty much everything, so that’s a given. RLM is a wild card, but I would be more surprised if they disliked it. They tend to enjoy the Marvel films a lot, and while you could say this movie has thinner characters than one of those, Jurassic World had a similar problem but was one of Mike’s favorites of 2015.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

LockBite wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:I'm honestly expecting all of the bigger movie based YouTubers (Jeremy Jahns, John Campea, Grace Randolph, Chris Stuckmann, etc.) to all give it a very meh, average review. Hope I'm wrong obviously - just a feeling I get though

YMS is overtly negative on pretty much everything, so that’s a given. RLM is a wild card, but I would be more surprised if they disliked it. They tend to enjoy the Marvel films a lot, and while you could say this movie has thinner characters than one of those, Jurassic World had a similar problem but was one of Mike’s favorites of 2015.
YMS enjoyed the 2014 film iirc

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>YMS

no
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Meh, all the youtube reviewers we've seen so far are have basically 10 subscribers at most, 6 being bots, 3 being advertisers and 1 being a legitimate fan.

I feel like Jeremy Jahns is going to like it, Angry Joe will likely like it, Critikal will probably enjoy it, who else?

You think they’ll like it? Not entirely confident in that. Stuckmann definitely hated KSI and this film is more like that it

Added in 34 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:>YMS

no
He’s pretty funny honestly though.
Long Live The King

SteveMartinLives
Yojimbo

Post by SteveMartinLives »

I like YMS despite not completely agreeing with a lot of the reviews. Example- I really like the new Planet of the Apes trilogy and I remember him not caring for it. That being said I love his multi-video breakdowns on films like After Earth or ASM2. Different strokes.

batzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by batzilla »

RLM might surprise. They LOVED Krampus, Dougherty's last film.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Stop paying attention to YMS, that guys is ass
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I don’t want to get too off topic, but I saw someone mention Ecomog or StruggleNation above. Those guys are literally one of the funniest duos I’ve had the pleasure of watching on YouTube, and they’ve seemed to be monumentally excited about Godzilla, giving it the vaunted, “day 1 we there”, treatment and everything.

#BotM

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla165 wrote:I don’t want to get too off topic, but I saw someone mention Ecomog or StruggleNation above. Those guys are literally one of the funniest duos I’ve had the pleasure of watching on YouTube, and they’ve seemed to be monumentally excited about Godzilla, giving it the vaunted, “day 1 we there”, treatment and everything.
Oh for sure, they're hilarious. I relate to their vibe so much in comparison to some of these other YouTubers. Plus like you said they seem super hyped about KOTM.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 25, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That big guy on Angry Joe is probably gonna hate it. He hardly likes anything. Got the whole week off now so I'll probably do the 4:00 showing on Thursday.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

Moogabunga wrote:To lighten the mood, why not watch Godzilla himself go to the movies?

https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/1132343968539303937
This is adorable!

Added in 35 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:LETS DO THIS GUYS

https://twitter.com/JesabelRaay/status/ ... 9390272517
What's her source?

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:

Tyrone Magnus will probably like it too. He's a Godzilla fan and he has a over a million subs.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."