The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
GodzillavsZilla

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s a non-spoiler thread.

Simple as that.

This, it's in the title, no spoilers... maybe we should put it in even bigger text... but the spoiler thread exists for the purpose of solely talking about spoilers and leaks, this thread is not. Some here and there, maybe, but a page or more of spoiler tags is too much, for me at least.

Now, regarding a certain toy, I haven't consulted any higher-ups about it, but I would take it in the same vain as previous toy leaks that websites had to take down (which to my knowledge, happened to this one), don't post it.

And it allegedly appearing in the trailer for a fraction of a second doesn't mean you should freely talk about it without tags. Not everyone analyzes every frame of the trailers.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

"I read his toast." - GvZ, 2017

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s a non-spoiler thread.

Simple as that.

This, it's in the title, no spoilers... maybe we should put it in even bigger text... but the spoiler thread exists for the purpose of solely talking about spoilers and leaks, this thread is not. Some here and there, maybe, but a page or more of spoiler tags is too much, for me at least.

Now, regarding a certain toy, I haven't consulted any higher-ups about it, but I would take it in the same vain as previous toy leaks that websites had to take down (which to my knowledge, happened to this one), don't post it.

And it allegedly appearing in the trailer for a fraction of a second doesn't mean you should freely talk about it without tags. Not everyone analyzes every frame of the trailers.

A lot have been using tags. KingKong2005 has been arguing that tagged spoilers shouldn't be in this thread at all so could you guys maybe give a final verdict on tagged spoilers so we can all end this argument.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuCanuck » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm

I think he’s saying the rule is to use tagged spoilers minimally, and preferably not at all. But I would also support a rule that banned them outright.

GodzillavsZilla

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 pm

miguelnuva wrote:A lot have been using tags. KingKong2005 has been arguing that tagged spoilers shouldn't be in this thread at all so could you guys maybe give a final verdict on tagged spoilers so we can all end this argument.

Alright, here's what we're doing.

We're allowing three uses of the spoiler tags every two pages, if it gets too hectic with people using the tags too often, we will be cracking down on it.

We think it'll be a good compromise to make both sides happy.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

"I read his toast." - GvZ, 2017

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:I think he’s saying the rule is to use tagged spoilers minimally, and preferably not at all. But I would also support a rule that banned them outright.

Pretty much. Seconding banning them outright as well. If only two people are using them to talk...well, then just go to PMs. If it's multiple people, they can go to the spoiler thread. There's no reason to be using them here at all.

It also hinders people using them for non-spoiler purposes such as hiding large images or walls of text. If people are allowed to talk with spoiler tags here, there's a 50/50 chance that what you're opening could be spoilers. That's a risk that shouldn't exist in this thread.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

Grievous
G-Grasper

Postby Grievous » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:56 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:Watch guys I'm gonna write a Screen Rant article. Think they'll hire me????

BATMAN IN GODZILLA??? POSSIBLE CROSSOVER EVENT!!

It better have Harley Quinn in short shorts.

;)
Now that we're dead my dear...We can be together! Now that we're dead my dear...We can live forever!

Godzilla21
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm

I see the argument on both sides. For me if I see a spoiler tag I just don't click on it at all. Simple. Never spoiled. But I'd also be fine with them being banned. Either way im fine. Doesnt really matter to me
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:I see the argument on both sides. For me if I see a spoiler tag I just don't click on it at all. Simple. Never spoiled. But I'd also be fine with them being banned. Either way im fine. Doesnt really matter to me

I don't think the issue is really the spoilers themselves, I think it's rather the amount of them. Sometimes in this thread a conversation will end up devolving into spoiler tag after spoiler tag, which could be incredibly annoying to a person who doesn't know the spoilers, and doesn't want to, but still wants to be part of the conversation.
eabaker wrote:Like, we all thought we had franchise syphilis, but really it's just silly old franchise herpes.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm

There's also the intensity of the spoiler. (Probably not the right word but all I can come up with.)

There's times when the spoiler that's tagged is something relativly minor and time's when it's a major spoiler.

Like it can be either

Spoiler:
I loved the Squidward joke in Infinity War.

or

Spoiler:
Spider-Man's death was heartbreaking.

You never know for sure, which makes it a problem if you assume it's something small or vice-versa.

Edit:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:We're allowing three uses of the spoiler tags every two pages, if it gets too hectic with people using the tags too often, we will be cracking down on it.

We think it'll be a good compromise to make both sides happy.

Whoops. Sorry, guys. :oops:
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#MinillaForSmash2018

Godzilla21
Kwaidan

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I see the argument on both sides. For me if I see a spoiler tag I just don't click on it at all. Simple. Never spoiled. But I'd also be fine with them being banned. Either way im fine. Doesnt really matter to me

I don't think the issue is really the spoilers themselves, I think it's rather the amount of them. Sometimes in this thread a conversation will end up devolving into spoiler tag after spoiler tag, which could be incredibly annoying to a person who doesn't know the spoilers, and doesn't want to, but still wants to be part of the conversation.

For me if the convo goes that way and into spoiler territory, I don't want to be a part of it. So I just move on. Pretty easy. Once again I get people being frustrated with them. Which is why I wouldn't mind if they were banned. Im just saying it's also best way to avoid them. I havent been spoiled on anything yet
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Deleted, meant to be with previous post.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#MinillaForSmash2018

GODZILLA2877
Interpol Agent

Postby GODZILLA2877 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Do you guys think there will be another Godzilla car commercial like this one except for King of the Monsters?
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:14 pm

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Do you guys think there will be another Godzilla car commercial like this one except for King of the Monsters?

God I hope so. I love that commercial so damn much, as well as the Snickers one. I can't wait to see what kind of commercials come out of this movie.
eabaker wrote:Like, we all thought we had franchise syphilis, but really it's just silly old franchise herpes.

GODZILLA2877
Interpol Agent

Postby GODZILLA2877 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:47 pm

It would be cool if they have a commercial showing Godzilla destroying a Walmart.

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Postby Can of Conspiracy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Is the Jakks packaging the first official KOTM media to actually include "King" in Ghidorah's name?
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Can of Conspiracy wrote:Is the Jakks packaging the first official KOTM media to actually include "King" in Ghidorah's name?

I never thought about it but I think you're right. They only call him King Ghidorah once in the anime, too. Kind of weird how they seem to be dropping that from his name.

Moogabunga
JXSDF Technician

Postby Moogabunga » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am

I know the odds are incredibly slim because Warner Bros does not do these at all, but I'd love if they had a TV spot during the Super Bowl

JGAR
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby JGAR » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 am

Warner Bros. stopped doing those since the 80s I think.
Yooo 8-)

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 am

When do you guys think the soundtrack will be available to hear online?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Dv-218
G-Grasper

Postby Dv-218 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 am

LegendZilla wrote:When do you guys think the soundtrack will be available to hear online?

Depends on when the OST itself is out. At best, it'll probably be a few days before the movie gets released.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Current)”