Favorite Monster Battles(Millennium)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Re: Favorite Monster Battles(Millennium)

Post by Gailah 1966 »

3. Godzilla vs Baragon - a little one-sided battle but the scene with the helicopter is really outstanding.

2. Godzilla vs Megaguirus - not even the end fight. I like the battle vs the meganula-swarm too. But the end fight is really great.

1. Tokyo SOS - never seen Mothra dying this spectacular before. Very great scenes with crumbling buildings. So yes, this is my favorite in Millennium-series.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Can't really put these in order but my 3 favorites are...
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
Godzilla vs. Orga (Godzilla 2000)
Godzilla vs. Monster X (Godzilla Final Wars)
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Every battle in GMK.GxM's final battle.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Godzilla vs Orga.

I dont care what anyone says, this is an awesome fight. It just feels like a truly monster-sized battle to the death.
I like it too. it seemed to have that dark tone to it. well thats what i think.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Godzilla 2000

My favorite battle is the climax showdown between Godzilla and Orga. If there's one aspect about this film I like, it's how freakin' powerful Godzilla's Atomic Breath is. Whenever Godzilla fires his signature attack at another kaiju, one of two things should happen: searing, body mangling pain or instant disintegration. All in all, a pretty average fight with a few good moments. It's still the best in the whole movie.

Godzilla X Megaguirus

Once again, the best fight is the last one. Megaguirus showed a lot of versatility. I like that in a kaiju. She has speed, sonic waves, and energy absorption capabilities. Nice! 'Twas a fun battle. It dragged on for a bit though.

GMK

Godzilla vs. Baragon and Godzilla vs. Everybody Else in the climax. In terms of pacing and choreography, Godzilla's bout with Baragon kicked ass. Even if it was incredibly one-sided, it was still shot perfectly. Both kaiju displayed great character. For every hit Baragon took, I winced. As for the final battle, I am still impressed by it to this day. The JSDF, King Ghidorah, and Mothra all had moments to shine while Godzilla had everything else. It's hard not being entertained by all this.

Godzilla X MechaGodzilla

I always loved the opening act. Godzilla vs. The JSDF in the middle of a typhoon? Badass. But this is about my favorite MILLENNIUM monster battles. Godzilla having the edge in his fight against Kiryu definitely made their fight more intense. I actually cared about Asagi and Kiryu, so I rooting for them to at least save the city and its people from atomic destruction. It could've been better. With more patience, more care, and more attention to detail--and a bigger budget too!--it could've been better. All this fight succeeded in doing was getting me wanting more.

Tokyo SOS

I'll get this out of the way: Godzilla vs. Kiryu, Mothra, and the JSDF kicked ass. Finally! I wanted more from the last movie and got it in this movie. Godzilla's treated as the unstoppable juggernaut he is, Kiryu's treated as humankind's reluctant hope, Mothra's treated as humankind's reluctant friend, and the main human characters are stuck in the middle. All done very well. It's true the fight lasted a long time. Only unlike the final battle in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, this one didn't feel like it dragged on. Anyway, I loved Godzilla vs. Mothra. It's a gorgeous battle to watch. These are kaiju icons and they're treated with respect.

Final Wars

Godzilla vs. Monster X was short and sweet. It should've lasted longer. Godzilla vs. Anguirus, Rodan, and King Caesar was intense. It should've lasted longer. Godzilla vs. Keizer Ghidorah was all extremely one-sided but in a way to show us how powerful the Big Bad is. It lasted about as long as it should've. Everything else was so-so. This film left much to be desired in the Monster vs. Monster department. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Monster X and Gigan could've been way, way better. Missed opportunities aside, I still liked what we got.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

The battles from Godzilla: Final Wars.
Last edited by Godzilla2004fan on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla2004fan wrote:The battles from Godzilla: Final Wars.
Why? They're so bad.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

The samurai style fights in GFW are some of my favorites in the whole franchise, short and sweet.
I also enjoyed the Megaguirus fight since it was a refreshing change from the battles in the Heisei series and G2K.
The battle with Baragon is the highlight of GMK.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I had no idea G2K was gonna end in a big monster fight so seeing that in a theatre as a kid was quite the pleasant surprise.

I can appreciate the more outlandish moments in GXM (Megaguirus' reaction to Godzilla leaping in the air is great), but I believe the daylight photography hurts it somewhat.

On the flipside the daylight Godzilla/Baragon is a definite highlight of that movie, it's very dynamic and the moment where Baragon buries Godzilla underground is great.

I enjoy the fights in the Kiryu films a lot, I mean SOS is like 75% monster fights so I'm happy with that. Moments where Godzilla and Kiryu are just wailing on each other are very satisfying.

The fights in FW are not as satisfying... the film builds up to this and they wind up feeling like an afterthought, and are filmed like fights in a TV superhero show. The more humanoid designs don't help much either, Monster X especially. For a film that big with such a massive budget for a film of that kind it really pales in comparison to films released before and after.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Why does this guy keep unearthing ancient topics? It would be different if he had something substantial to add, but it's almost always just a one sentence response that has something to do with Final Wars, or the FW Godzilla.

As for the topic, my answer is the same it was 7 years ago..This particular series hasn't exactly aged like fine wine.
Last edited by Goji on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Goji wrote:Why does this guy keep unearthing ancient topics? It would be different if he had something substantial to add, but it's almost always just a one sentence response that has something to do with Final Wars, or the FW Godzilla.

As for the topic, my answer is the same it was 7 years ago..This particular series hasn't exactly aged like fine wine.
Because he wants everyone to know how much he loves Godzilla: Final Wars and the 2004 design.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

It took me a while to choose when I found this thread, but I settled on the Final Wars battles. I love how dominant they made Godzilla there. Also the final battle had Mothra's biggest contribution to a fight (that wasn't dying) and the awesome if short-lived Keizer Ghidorah.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

From the millennium films, I really like Godzilla Vs. Orga from G2K.

Its just a good, ol' fashioned, knockdown, dragout fight.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

First is G vs Megaguirus. It was a fast and physical, and had a great music score.

Second is G vs Orga. It was a good mix of beams and melee, and the addition of the ufo in the fight made things interesting. It also had a thrilling climax.

Third is G vs Baragon. Baragon was quite the scrapper.

Last is G vs Anguirus, Rodan, and KC. I feel it was the best of the GFW fights.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

My favorite battle is against MonsterX and the subsequent battle against Keizer Guidorah. Ending the battle with a Godzilla with "unlimited power", a Keizer Godzilla. Which is a fitting end to the Godzilla saga.
Cementing Godzilla as the one and true King of all Monster, regardless of what came or will come after Godzilla FW. He prevails.

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

Maritonic wrote:
Why? They're so bad.
They're Entertaing, DUH, is really obvious!
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla2004fan wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Why? They're so bad.
They're Entertaing, DUH, is really obvious!
Too bad there is no substance to them.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Maritonic wrote:Too bad there is no substance to them.
Interesting, could you describe what you mean by substance? and why you see it lacking in Final Wars but find them in the other battles in the Millennium films?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

szmigiel wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Too bad there is no substance to them.
Interesting, could you describe what you mean by substance? and why you see it lacking in Final Wars but find them in the other battles in the Millennium films?
Honestly, I'm fucking with the guy because he keeps necroposting to geek over G04. I'm frankly not good at it lol.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

The Megaguirus fight stands out to me. GMK has the best looking fights by far. Orga was a nice fight. The first Mechagodzilla movie looks kind of shitty, but SOS has fire monster action. The FW fights all start off rad but more often than not they disappoint in the end.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.