Monster Discussion: Megaguirus

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Re: Is Megaguirus From Another Dimension Or The Past?

Post by Greyshot151 »

^ Maybe she just didn't have enough time...
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Kaiju-King 42's explaination for where Megaguirus works for me. It coming from a paralell Earth where humanity didn't evolve, and the Meganula. Along with
other arthopods, ended up dominating the planet. Although, upon further thought, maybe it open a wormhole to the distant past. If the ending to GODZILLA X MEGAGUIRUS is to be believed, the Big-G suddenly shows up outside the little tyke's school. I wonder if the Black Hole hadn't in fact sent him a bit into the future. So maybe the time travel deal isn't too far off the beaten path. Or it could be both. Perhaps the research into the aftereffects of using the Black Hole Gun should've been looked into a little more thoroughly. Although that would've slowed down the story. :lol:
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Chompamunchasaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Chompamunchasaurus »

I love the paleonthologists in Godzilla movies, they come up with the craziest explanations. The meganula electing a champion called megaguirus for no good reason ("sometimes a champion was chosen" or something like that, he says) and the best of them all was the one in Godzilla Raids Again who could deduct that Anguirus was peaceful and therefore hated warlike predators like Godzilla. They figured out "the monster angilas" was a defender of peace just by LOOKING AT GIANT BONES?!

DinoZillaGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by DinoZillaGod »

Lol! When I first saw Raids Again, th dialogue btween scientist mad me scream laughing!^

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

I say Megaguirus is definitely from the past, I mean come on, we are talking about a prehistoric Dragonfly.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

The biology of giant monsters. Someone should write a book ...
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

James23873
Monsterland Worker

Post by James23873 »

How could there have been a Megaguirus in the past? I'm of course talking about the stage 3, not in general. I was under the impression that she only existed cause the swarm feed Godzilla's nuclear energy into one of them, creating the mammoth dragonfly. But in the past, where would they get the energy that would even come close? I realize she wouldn't be as big anyways, but if energy is the key to the transformation, where would they get it from? Maybe just regular animal energy? If that's true, then the Meg we see in the movie would have to be a totally new mutant, unrelated to what the queens of the past were like.

Phew, trying to make sense of this stuff is pretty fun!
You know, Darth Vader cannot be Luke Skywalker's father. They don't have the same last name.
-Woody Boyd

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

She has to be from the past but if she was from another dimension then there is a lot of things in there waiting to
get out...
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

I believe Megaguirus came from some godforsaken anti-matter galaxy millions and millions of light years from the Earth.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

How do you pronounce Megaguirus?

Post by Dillyziller »

I always pronounced it as Mega-gear-us. How do you pronounce it?
^This post in sexually offensive.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How do you pronounce Megaguirus?

Post by eabaker »

Japanese pronunciation is mostly pretty straightforward. Anything transliterated as a "g" out to have the hard pronunciation.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

eabaker wrote:Japanese pronunciation is mostly pretty straightforward. Anything transliterated as a "g" out to have the hard pronunciation.
Especially considering the Latin roots of the name anyway.
bleep bloop

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Legionmaster wrote:
eabaker wrote:Japanese pronunciation is mostly pretty straightforward. Anything transliterated as a "g" out to have the hard pronunciation.
Especially considering the Latin roots of the name anyway.
A more interesting question would be "how do you pronounce Legion?"
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

In the movie, the guy pronounced it Mega- Ger- Rus.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

edgaguirus wrote:In the movie, the guy pronounced it Mega- Ger- Rus.
are your eferring to the dub?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ Yeah, in the dub the scientist says "Me-ga-GOOR-us".

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

Mega-GWER-us
Gamera: Guardian of Earth and Friend of All Children*

*except those who are currently out of his immediate field of vision. Sorry.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Black Lion wrote:Mega-GWER-us
I attribute that "w" in your pronunciation to the meaningless presence of the "u" in Toho's transliteration.

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

eabaker wrote:
Black Lion wrote:Mega-GWER-us
I attribute that "w" in your pronunciation to the meaningless presence of the "u" in Toho's transliteration.
Yeah, pretty much. I tend to pronounce all the names as they are spelled. Same with Anguirus.
Gamera: Guardian of Earth and Friend of All Children*

*except those who are currently out of his immediate field of vision. Sorry.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I pronounce it "Mega-gear-us". Just as I pronounce Anguirus as "An-gear-us"

I have no idea if the pronunciation is correct or not, but it's not really a big deal to me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.