Original Final Wars Godzilla desgin

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Would you have liked the early concept desgin to be used instead?

Yes. It looks way better then Ratzilla.
23%
No, they both look bad but Ratzilla less so.
77%

Total votes: 149

G-fan4life
Monsterland Worker

Re: Original Final Wars Godzilla desgin

Post by G-fan4life »

I guess they just turned this design into Angy for FW there are a lot of very prominent similarities. The yellowish spikes, the skin is close... But what is with the red chest? It's like he spilled his lunch all over himself.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

That would make for an almost comically bad looking "Godzilla". However, if it was a Godzilla-*something* hybrid developed by the DNA testing (say, continuing the plot from the bit after Tokyo SOS) most of that concept would transition to an interesting looking monster. The chest is too weird though.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

Not Godzilla. Might be a good add in monster if they ever make a second movie with Biollante in it though. I can definitely see the similarities. As for "Ratzilla", if you must call him that, I liked his design and i thought it worked well in the movie. r
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Finaro-Goji looked awesome. He could've used a little bit more work in the face, but aside from that, he looked great.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

This thing is atrocious. As much as I dislike the FW Godzilla, at least it actually LOOKS like a Godzilla. This thing is just...I don't know. Looks like it should be some kind of crucial Ultraman villain instead.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Who cares? Leave it to the mods to deal with.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

The head looks like Gorgo.
Scratch that, he looks like Gorgo. Over sized paws, square jaw and an upright neck.
Gorgozilla, with a Biollanti chest and gigan FW spikes.
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Living Corpse wrote:Um, no offense but whoever bumped this and the other really dead topics, please stop.
Uhm, not that I did it or anything, but why?

Is there something wrong with bringing up old topics? What if a new member has something they want to say on a topic; they'd get dogged on for starting a new thread AND they get dogged on for talking about something that I guess the rest of the world has moved past?

Not fair.

Way OT...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Gojisan866
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gojisan866 »

It barely looks like Godzilla in the kit... I'm perfectly fine with FW Goji.
Also, where's the choice in the poll for "no, the final design in Final Wars was fine."?
I'm back? I guess. Haven't posted here in a loooooong time.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Looks like the birth child of Anguirius and Godzilla.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

I would say no to this orginal design as Godzilla, it just too spikey like some of said. Now as a seperate, new Kaiju all together it would be cool
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Gojira21 wrote:I would say no to this orginal design as Godzilla, it just too spikey like some of said. Now as a seperate, new Kaiju all together it would be cool
Demonzilla! The fifth Zilla breed! :D
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

StonedHope wrote:Image
The head looks like Gorgo.
Scratch that, he looks like Gorgo. Over sized paws, square jaw and an upright neck.
Gorgozilla, with a Biollanti chest and gigan FW spikes.
I'm sorry does no one else see the resemblance to Gorgo ???
Its not much but its there.
I found it comical,
Gorgozilla !
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

The resemblance is to Gorgo is mild and exclusive to te facial region. But yeah, I see it.

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

The final wars design wasn't bulky and didnt look powerful enough to me,but at least it looked like godzilla.Late 90's Godzilla is the most iconic design and I hope the 2012 version incorporates his design features.
84-95

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

I hope he doesn't look like his got some tumors in his legs.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

GMK Godzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by GMK Godzilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Right, there are a lot of things that could have been done better in Godzilla Final Wars.

My question is would you have rather seen the design used in early concept are or do you think the design we got was good enough?

For any one who hasn't seen the early GFW Godzilla concept art below is a link to it and a couple pictures of a model kit made for him.

http://tohokingdom.com/concept_art/gfw/godzilla4.htm

http://www.kaijukits.com/library/dtech/ ... iginal.htm

I gotta say I while it might be hard to do right, if they had used this design instead and managed to make the suit look good it would have been epic. Remember how seeing Burning Godzilla for the first time was an eye popper? Seeing this suit done right would be like seeing Burning Godzilla for the first time again.
Good lord. That's one ugly Godzilla design. Thank god they didn't use it.
スロベニア :D

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

I think that this might have been a good design for Space Godzilla.

I'm sure I'll catch Hell from somebody for this, but (aside from Little Godzilla), Space Godzilla is easily my least favorite design from the Heisei films. Those awkward crystals on his shoulders are over the top... they make him look like an Ultra Monster. The small touches of Biollante on his face and gut make it fairly obvious where the G-cells came from (never mind that nonsense about Mothra possibly carrying G-cells into orbit), but aside from that and the gonzo crystal look, Space Godzilla was too much like just a slightly larger Godzilla.

The FW concept art for Godzilla shown in this thread has a freaky, edgy look that might have made him a good enemy... including, a good Space Godzilla.

But as Godzilla himself? Not a chance.
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength." -- Eric Hoffer

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

DoctorMafune wrote:I think that this might have been a good design for Space Godzilla.

I'm sure I'll catch Hell from somebody for this, but (aside from Little Godzilla), Space Godzilla is easily my least favorite design from the Heisei films. Those awkward crystals on his shoulders are over the top... they make him look like an Ultra Monster. The small touches of Biollante on his face and gut make it fairly obvious where the G-cells came from (never mind that nonsense about Mothra possibly carrying G-cells into orbit), but aside from that and the gonzo crystal look, Space Godzilla was too much like just a slightly larger Godzilla.

The FW concept art for Godzilla shown in this thread has a freaky, edgy look that might have made him a good enemy... including, a good Space Godzilla.

But as Godzilla himself? Not a chance.
I'll back you on that. some Godzilla hybrid thing is a good idea that I'm still thinking of for this design. I was thinking of a post-Kiryu Godzilla-X hybrid that is created on accident or whatever. A Spacegodzilla look isn't bad either.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

:freak: Yikes. Thats one ugly looking Godzilla design. It would've made a decent design for a Godzilla clone but for an actual Godzilla design. No................just....just no.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO