Original Final Wars Godzilla desgin

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Would you have liked the early concept desgin to be used instead?

Yes. It looks way better then Ratzilla.
23%
No, they both look bad but Ratzilla less so.
77%

Total votes: 149

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Original Final Wars Godzilla desgin

Post by Spuro »

Where's the option for "I kinda like Ratzilla" in the poll?

We are a minority but we fans exist... :cry:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Ugh, this design is disgusting. The chest looks as though he has a bunch of huge dirty rashes.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

I like the design and wouldn't be opposed of toho reveisting this design for a future godzilla design. Since shin Godzilla toho is really like to experiment on godzilla design . The one thing I would change is the dorsal fins to the current 2004 while everything is the original concept design

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I like it. I definitely wouldn't want it to ever be the main Godzilla, but if it was for an experimental one-off thing, go for it. Some of the other big designs lately have taken swings in other directions - Shin having red everywhere, changing his skin texture to burns - that this feels less and less radical.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Spuro wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 am Where's the option for "I kinda like Ratzilla" in the poll?

We are a minority but we fans exist... :cry:
Yeah, this was a poorly designed poll (the person who made this 10 years ago obviously wasn't a fan of the suit and purposely didn't include any real positive options to choose for it...this fandom, I swear :roll: ).

It's a fine design....I think it has many more fans than many would care to admit simply due to how polarizing GFW was/is....I personally think it's great blend of Showa, Heisei, and Millennium aspects along with as well as feeling far more alive and mobile vs the stiff gonzo-zilla suits or the fat beer gut GMK suit. However, I think not making the head more expressive/animated does indeed hurt it to some degree. But to each their own...

As far as the "alternative" GFW design considered...it looks like crap. Thank God it was discarded.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

I fucking hate it the only people who would like it are 12 year old edgy teens

its comical how tryhard this thing is

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Original concept design is pretty bland. This poll was poorly designed and should be re-done. FinalGoji is one of the best Godzilla designs out there.

Thank you for coming to my Monster Island TED Talk.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image