Opinion of the Millennium Suits

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Opinion of the Millennium Suits

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm I can't find much good about G2000, dude is literally the most hunchback of the franchise suits. He can barely move beyond shoulder rubs and bites. His spines are cool but every spikey Godzilla after did it better.

At least Kiryugoji actively looked badass with a proper stature, cobra neck, and pissed off expression, plus he could deal with enemies without looking at their feet. GMK is epic as we all know, GFW was incredibly mobile and badass.
Ever since my "comeback" we've agreed pretty much on everything, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this entire post. Everything you said was wrong and you should feel ashamed of this damn post. My head canon is that you smoked the devils lettuce and used the booger sugar.
Gotta agree with Goji on this one. Don’t shit talk Mire like that.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 am
goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm I can't find much good about G2000, dude is literally the most hunchback of the franchise suits. He can barely move beyond shoulder rubs and bites. His spines are cool but every spikey Godzilla after did it better.

At least Kiryugoji actively looked badass with a proper stature, cobra neck, and pissed off expression, plus he could deal with enemies without looking at their feet. GMK is epic as we all know, GFW was incredibly mobile and badass.
Ever since my "comeback" we've agreed pretty much on everything, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this entire post. Everything you said was wrong and you should feel ashamed of this damn post. My head canon is that you smoked the devils lettuce and used the booger sugar.
Gotta agree with Goji on this one. Don’t poop talk Mire like that.
Idk, this is one of the disproportionate suits in the entire franchise.. Massive bobblehead, strange spine alignment, which wouldn't bother me so much if he weren't so incredibly hunchbacked, squat, and short.

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
The bottom 2 suits work much much better for the Millennium era (+ GMK). They strike fear, while also being able to actually "strike", instead of constant shoulder charges since he can't look up.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'll agree that Miregoji's suit is too stiff and immobile. That causes problems in scenes where he's supposed to be looking down at people, but can't actually move his head. Otherwise? Exquisite design. Top 5 material, pretty easily.

In other news, I misread the 'PSEXPRESS' logo in that one Miregoji picture. I didn't see the P, and I was scared shitless for a second there.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I find Mire and KiryuGoji have much more proportionate designs compared to later Heisei suits (Rado, Moge/Desu). Even GMK suffers a bit from his odd posture, I prefer the straightened back of the prototype suit.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

tbeasley wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 pm I find Mire and KiryuGoji have much more proportionate designs compared to later Heisei suits (Rado, Moge/Desu). Even GMK suffers a bit from his odd posture, I prefer the straightened back of the prototype suit.
Same. It looked much better than the potbellied, hunched over final product.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I used to like MireGoji quite a bit. Now? Not so much. I started to see the imperfections and odd design choices as i matured as a G-Fan, and now i don’t really hold it as high as I used to

GMKGoji is amazing. Fierce, badass, and intimating. Perfect for GMK.

KiryuGoji is also amazing. Everything i liked about MireGoji is kept and everything i didn’t like was improved upon exponentially

FWGoji is very easily my favorite Millenium Godzilla designs, my favorite Godzilla suit, and one of my favorite Godzilla’s in general.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Keizer
Yojimbo

Post by Keizer »

I honestly do not like MireGoji very much. it is certainly not awful, but I still think it is a bit too colorful and overdesigned. The orange atomic breath, oval face, green skin, and purple spines just make it look like a toy to me.

I do like GMKGoji well enough. I get the impression that it is supposed to look ghostly or undead, and it does succeed, with the bloated body and lifeless eyes. I don't love it, but it is quite good.

KiryuGoji just looks like a cleaner and overall better MireGoji. The face looks better, the atomic breath is blue again, and the spikes are white instead of purple. Still not my favorite, but much better than MireGoji.

FinalGoji is... interesting. I actually do like how it has a much more svelte figure, but the face does look very odd. I don't think it looks like a rat like many others do, but it is nevertheless strange looking.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MireGoji: He kinda reminds me of KingGoji but done better. But compared to other suits, he's just okay.
GiraGoji: Only reason I'm even counting this one is to say that the more-saturated colors look trash.
GMKGoji: This is a really cool suit. It fits his malicious personality, perfectly.
KiryuGoji: My absolute favorite Godzilla design. Everything, from his dog-like head to the jagged spines to that gorgeous cobra hood, appeals to me on a primal level.
FinalGoji: He looks great. I just wish the suit was used in a better film.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Well shit, now I just love all Millenium designs equally. Mire, Sokogeki, Kiryu, and Final all have great designs.

Though, if I had to pick a single design to be representative of the Millenium era, it’d be Mire
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

As much as I try to stay subjective about such things, the Millennium Godzilla is my Godzilla. I loved the direction the designs took.
I love MireGoji/Megaguiris, GMK, and Final Wars, but I think KiryuGoji is probably the "best." His eyes always seemed like actual animal eyes. His proportions are great. But still, I think all the Millennium Godzillas have more than a few good things you can say about them.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Terasawa wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:22 am While the basic design of G2K might be really interesting, the GMK costume is the only one here that’s any good.
But even that one was hurt by the fact that it wasn't able to operate the way the suit makers wanted it to.

GrandKingGidorah2001
Ronin

Post by GrandKingGidorah2001 »

MireGoji: This is honestly just perfect imo and is not only my favorite of this era, but it's also my definitive Godzilla. Probably has to do with it being my first actually real Godzilla movie after 1998. I just absolutely love the jagged chaotic dorsal spines and the purple is a neat change.

GiraGoji: While being the same overall design, the brighter colors just don't do it for me.

GMKGoji: Honestly, the head is amazing for a meaner villainous Godzilla, the actual body isn't terrible but I have my issues with it.

KiryuGoji: Ah, KiryuGoji, in theory I should really love this design, it's basically a modified MireGoji. And while I don't hate this design, hey I do kinda like it, but can't say I love it like MireGoji, the smaller more tame dorsal spines just bring it down, the more Cobra aspect of the neck/head just doesn't appeal to me.

FinalGoji: I just don't like this, I really don't like it. That's all I can really say about it. Wait, that not true I can say it's a better design than the concept art for him, tho it's not hard to make a better Godzilla design than that.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

MireGoji: A simply iconic suit that brings back a reptilian look to Godzilla. Also is a nice modernization of the KingGoji suit even if it's subtle. The spines make this design for me.
SokogekiGoji: My least favorite of the Millennium suits. However, I still love this suit with a passion. The white eyes are still one of the greatest creative choices ever made on a Godzilla suit.
KiryuGoji: Again, another iconic suit. To me, this IS Godzilla. The toned-down spines similar to that of the MireGoji suit complement the design wonderfully.
FinalGoji: Masterful. I love the proportions on this suit. The touch of the orange eyes and the more traditional spines make this suit wonderful.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I love them all. It is hard for me to dislike a Godzilla suit/design. My favorite would have to be MireGoji, I adore the purple spikes on him.

Bob Sherlock
Yojimbo

Post by Bob Sherlock »

MireGoji: Love the suit, especially the more reptilian look to him and the unique green and purple color scheme. Atari Pipeworks Games especially made me love him.

GiraGoji: Basically the same suit, but shouldn’t have been lighter.

GMKGoji: A really fearsome Godzilla with the soulless eyes and more classic-look with sharper claws and teeth. Absolutely love it. Only thing is he’s got too much of a potbelly and not much of a fan of the hunched neck.

KiryuGoji: My favorite Godzilla design, combines the classic color scheme and 2000’s jagged design elements. Very expressive and IDW Comics made me love the design even more, especially Rulers of Earth. Just not a fan of how much of a punching bag he was in the Kiryu Saga.

FinalGoji: Again, super badass suit and looks absolutely mean with the slim yet beefy design. Originally my No 1. favorite prior to KiryuGoji taking the spot. Minor nitpick is the dorsal plates could be a bit bigger, but it’s all good.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

One thing that stops me from loving FinalGoji and in fact, many other GFW designs, is that they’re too humanoid.
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Design aside, I think GMK Goji is the best of the bunch in terms of on-screen execution.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

MireGoji: 7/10. Not a particular fan of the green, but aside from that I think this is one of the coolest Godzilla designs out there. The jagged purple spines and ferocious updated look are very visually appealing.

GMKGoji: 8/10. Even more visually pleasing than the MireGoji. Love the modernized Heisei look but with more 1954-esque dorsal plates. The eyes I wasn't necessarily the biggest fan of, but I can live with them.

KiryuGoji: 10/10. My favorite design in the Millennium era and one of my four favorite Godzilla designs ever. A perfect combination of the MireGoji, Heisei suits and the ShodaiGoji.

FinalGoji: 9/10. My second favorite suit in the Millennium era. Love the lean yet muscular physique, and I'm a big fan of its inspiration from the GyakushuGoji suit.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image