Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2001/GMK)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: GMK Godzilla, Possibly the Most Powerful?

Post by Spuro »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
That spirit bomb is not conventional weaponry or even on par with alien tech or power. This is the power of a god were talkin about. Also, only something like MG 74's all out assault would blow up a whole dock like that!
Um...The Spirit Bomb was not the power of a god. It was just a powerful attack. There was nothing godly about it.

Also, destroying a dock is not an indication of how powerful something is. Yes, the Spirit Bomb had a huge ass explosion, but that doesn't make it more powerful than MechaGodzilla's Plasma Grenade or Space Godzilla's Corona Beam.
I would think that it is more powerful than the corona beam. maybe around the same scale as the Plasma Grenade.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
That spirit bomb is not conventional weaponry or even on par with alien tech or power. This is the power of a god were talkin about. Also, only something like MG 74's all out assault would blow up a whole dock like that!
Um...The Spirit Bomb was not the power of a god. It was just a powerful attack. There was nothing godly about it.

Also, destroying a dock is not an indication of how powerful something is. Yes, the Spirit Bomb had a huge ass explosion, but that doesn't make it more powerful than MechaGodzilla's Plasma Grenade or Space Godzilla's Corona Beam.
Right, but remember, god or not, Ghidorah was filled with Mothras power as well. How many forces on earth(other than godzilla) take that and come out unharmed and dont even think of it? Discounting that friggin shoulder of course.

Overall, these were all good ideas. I just think that his power was conveyed very well here and actually cuts the bullshit by showing large groups of people actually being injured/killed. His rage is shown full force in that military scene. He anihalates them! Also, it brings back the concept that the only thing that can stop a doomsday machine is itself. How poetic.

That scene will always be a favorite. "Say Hello To My Little Friend!"

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Well yeah, just on a bit of a smaller scale :angel:

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Figure I'll take the time to say "Happy Canada Day to those Canadians on the Forums!" on my "home" thread.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Oh yeah, forgot. Happy Canada Day! :)
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

I would think that it is more powerful than the corona beam. maybe around the same scale as the Plasma Grenade.
i would say the Corona Beam is more powerful than the Spirit Bomb, because of the destructive force behind it. The Corona Beam is not only a highly explosive beam, but it cuts right through the target like a knife, goes deep into it, and then explodes. No other beam explodes its opponent from the inside. Not only that, but it does that multiple times with the same beam.

Use that against any opponent without regeneration, and the Corona Beam will decimate its target.
Right, but remember, god or not, Ghidorah was filled with Mothras power as well. How many forces on earth(other than godzilla) take that and come out unharmed and dont even think of it? Discounting that friggin shoulder of course.
...GMK Godzilla didn't come out of it unharmed and obviously did think about it. It hurt him and knocked him into the water. The same would probably be done to just about every single Godzilla, except all other Godzillas' would heal off any damage done in a few seconds. The same can't be said for GMK Godzilla.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote: I would think that it is more powerful than the corona beam. maybe around the same scale as the Plasma Grenade.
i would say the Corona Beam is more powerful than the Spirit Bomb, because of the destructive force behind it. The Corona Beam is not only a highly explosive beam, but it cuts right through the target like a knife, goes deep into it, and then explodes. No other beam explodes its opponent from the inside. Not only that, but it does that multiple times with the same beam.

Use that against any opponent without regeneration, and the Corona Beam will decimate its target.
Well, to each his own I guess. We all have our own opinions on kaiju power and durability anyway. I for one see FW Kamacurus as the least durable kaiju of the Godzilla series, and Destoroyah as the most durable, but not everyone will agree with that statement. When it comes to GMK Godzilla, let's just agree to disagree. ;)
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Amen brutha. :g2k:

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

I don't know if he's the absolute most powerful. But he's got to be one of the top pound-for-pound. Physically, he's smaller than Hesei Godzilla, but in my opinion a much scarier and ruthless combatant. Hesei Godzilla was slower, didn't really look too impressive until he A) body slammed Ghidorah and B) ripped open Destroyah by using claws and his head. GMK Godzilla was a very capable fighter, always going for the kill-strike, was quicker, more cunning and remarkably aware (when he batted Mothra out of the air like a fly swatter without even facing her while chewing on Ghidorah's neck, ducked Baragon's leap last second and hit him with his tail like Robinson Cano, or swung Ghidorah's body into the torpedo attacks).

I think GMK's ray attack is also stronger than Hesei Godzilla. He made a giant mushroom cloud and obliterated his opponents when he usually caught them point blank. That says something about it's force. Hesei Godzilla would spam it, most of his fights were like games of Atari of just ray attacks back-and-forth, an typically Godzilla would fall down before any of his opponents. He rarely hurt his opponents with just his ray until he A) absorbed enough energy to "power up" (orange spiral ray) or B) did it like a hundred times (after getting help) and the opponent finally gave way and succumbed to it.

Durability I'd also give to GMK. For one, he's the embodiment of dark spirits, so in essence I just think he keeps coming. Sure, you can argue that Hesei Godzilla faced tougher challenges, but he also lost a few of them. Some say Biollante beat him (although I don't buy this, to me it looked like Godzilla was drugged up but he still kind of finished her), beat by Mothra and her pixie dust (I hate Mothra), killed by MechaGodzilla (needing Rodan's help), almost beat by Space Godzilla (needed Moguera's help), and barely beat Destroyah even as Burning Godzilla. Now, none of the monsters in GMK had massive offensive power, but Godzilla beat them all handily and on his own so I can't knock him for that. And Mothra in GMK was way quicker than Mothra '92 and Godzilla whooped her and Ghidrah (plus the military) like it was child's play. It's like what you say as a boxer--they only fight who is put in front of them and you can't argue with someone who beats them all and goes undefeated.

Now, his disadvantage (aside from being shorter than the other incarnations, except the other millenium Godzillas) is the regeneration factor as others have said. Since he's a vehicle for angry souls, he may not even regenerate in the same fashion. We are led to believe that GMK Goji took 50 years to return after 1954. And while I wholly believe that the entire point of showing his heart beating on the ocean floor (with the epic Godzilla music beginning to play) was to tell you that GMK Godzilla cannot be killed and will return, in time, I think it takes a while. May even take another 50 years. So, it's in his best interest to stop getting blown up.

Burning Godzilla probably withholds the most raw physical offensive power, but that's because he's literally seeping overloaded radiation from his pores. If you take all the Zillas, make them the same size and have them all fight to the death, I think GMK Godzilla is the last one standing. He's too good of a claw-to-claw fighter and he's cunning--in a Dark Knight Rises Bane kind of sinister way. He'd bite necks and tear jugulars apart. Sure, they will all regenerate and return, but GMK Godzilla still "won" in my opinion. Atleast he wins in the "skill" department (although Showa Godzilla learned to fly, shuffle his feet like Muhammad Ali, and do some judo techniques :mrgreen: so that might be interesting).
Last edited by GodzillaSpawn on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ Kinda surprised this got anymore attention. Nice reasoning.

I like your Atari reference.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Yeah sorry I just joined today...so I jumped in without realizing how old this was lol

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ No problem, anyone is free to revive topics.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Tomzilla wrote:It depends on your interpretation of power. In terms of destructive power, Burning Godzilla was on the verge of destroying the entire planet. But if you think being the most powerful means having both enormous power and the strength to not die from it, FW Godzilla is my pick.

Putting these debates aside, imagine how powerful a Composite Godzilla would be. What if we combined all the strengths of the Godzilla film incarnations into one super monster?
Trust me, Composite Godzilla exists and has been used before in FMs on other sites.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Gmk goji is the strongest non transformed incarnation of the monster. However, miltdown godzilla is without a doubt the strongest.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Burning Godzilla
FW Godzilla
GMK Godzilla
And Drunk Godzilla
These are the top 4 most strongest Godzillas in my opinion.
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Yeah I forgot about Final Wars Godzilla. He was crazy powerful. He threw enemies over mountains, was a good fighter, blasted a bigger monster out to orbit, and withstood a huge explosion relative to a nuclear bomb while standing at the epicenter and looked like he ate it for breakfast.

He might be my number 1 as far as power goes.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

I give GMK Godzilla a 4 out of 5, never seen a Godzilla so ruthless, you can feel the power when he fires his heat ray.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

chimpy74
Young Farmer

Post by chimpy74 »

I'd give it to burning Godzilla just because as he neared meltdown, his basic beam become the red spiral beam; not only that but he had super regenerative abilities and even if he couldn't kill his opponent with beams or brute force, he'd just obliterate the Earth (and everything on it) a short while later XD.

GMK Godzilla definitely had the most intimidating feel to him of all the Godzillas (for me at least) however.

Llante
Monsterland Worker

Post by Llante »

I don't think that he is the most powerful or even in the top three because he never did anything as impressive as Meltdown Goji, Keizer Goji, or normal Heisei Goji. All he ever did was things that other Godzillas did. And his beam wasn't particularly impressive.

Reaper Man
Monsterland Worker

Post by Reaper Man »

No, I think not. His opponents weren't as formidable as many other Godzillas. Really, the only reason some people think he's the most powerful is because of the mushroom cloud scene.
Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.