Millennium Series: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Millennium Series: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:I also believe that the modern day Godzilla is Kiryu's son. Just makes sense,you don't wanna kill your own son.

I always liked this idea, I think Tomiyama and Tezuka should've gone with it in the films instead of a passing mention in an interview.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Gojira1604
Samurai

Postby Gojira1604 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:17 am

That American Godzilla 2000 sequel happens except with Godzilla being cloned after killed. Presumed dead then revived like in Kotm is more to my liking. Since the new enemy monster was described to be fiery or lava like, I imagine it being basically a smaller Monsterverse Rodan.

SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:35 pm

-2000 has had years of Godzilla fighting other monsters. Just makes the ending more resonant if its them reflecting on years of Godzilla

-Megaguirus created 2000 Godzilla. The Dimension Tide sent him to the 2000 universe's 1954 and set off his world (this is also why no one can figure out Godzilla in 2000. He LITERALLY has a universally different biology).

-in contrast, the Godzilla isn't the one they spent the whole movie getting rid of, but a brand new one from another universe transplanted there. Guess who you're favorite is.

- Anguirus, Varan and Kamacuras are all mystical monsters who also exist in the GMKverse.

- Same for the "tons of off screen monster encounters" as the 2000 one.

- Mothra changes her mind on the whole "kill everybody for making Kiryu" plan because of wishy washy promises to Chujo in the veign of "Never shall I send another flood"

- every other Showa monster is off screen in Final Wars.
They also get killed off screen by Godzilla.

Except Jet Jaguar, Godzilla spared him and he went on to become the post-apocalyptic world leader of both human and kaiju.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Postby SonOfGorgo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:36 am

After the Kiryu/Mothra/Godzilla battle of 2004, three new creatures are being created: Moguera, Mechani-Kong, and Biollante
Still the best... 8-)

Jetty_Jags
Interpol Agent

Postby Jetty_Jags » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:48 am

The oxygen destroyer created a time portal thingy, which explains all the different continuities (especially the one off natures of the millennium films).
He Jock it Made of Steel

Gigantis
Kwaidan

Postby Gigantis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:37 am

Every toy that appears in that one scene in Final Wars is based off a real monster in the continuity.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Chrispy_G
G-Grasper

Postby Chrispy_G » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Godzilla 2000 is a sequel to Godzilla vs Biollante. In the 11 years since that film, lack of nuclear energy, side effects of the ANEB, and Godzilla's adaptive nature are the cause of his smaller size and different appearance.

In that same time-frame, Godzilla's appearances have been so rare that the giant military apparatus, over the course of a decade, has been significantly eroded and restructured.

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm

^I guess that's plausible, but it's still weird to think of the world of G2000 as a place where things like the Super X and the Psychic Research Institute exist.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Chrispy_G
G-Grasper

Postby Chrispy_G » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:52 am

Ivo-goji wrote:^I guess that's plausible, but it's still weird to think of the world of G2000 as a place where things like the Super X and the Psychic Research Institute exist.

Definitely....and the 11 year gap in the timeline is the only nebulous area where, in theory, anything could have happened to shrink things down. If Godzilla wrecked it all one too many time, maybe there was no hope for a reboot....if you have little mom-and-pops style organizations like the GPN springing up....you can infer that it was almost to fill a vacuum left by some of those larger government organizations.

CrimsonBloodX
Samurai

Postby CrimsonBloodX » Sat May 02, 2020 12:52 pm

There are more monsters in the continuities of Godzilla 2000, Megaguirus and GMK other than the ones that were seen on screen. After all, in GMK, Taizo Tachibana did say that "there have been numerous sightings in various counties". So we know that Godzilla, Baragon, Mothra and King Ghidorah aren't the only monsters in the GMK continuity. As for G2K and vs Megaguirus, if a giant radioactive reptilian monster and a giant dragonfly-like monster can exist, then certainly more monsters are out there. Maybe Anguirus, Rodan, Varan and Mothra?

Godzilla 2000 is not a stand alone movie despite it not making any references to any previous movie. It is another sequel to Godzilla (1954).

Godzilla (1998) is not canon with GMK. It just so happens that a monster that resembles Godzilla appeared in the United States a few years before the events in GMK happened. The subtitles didn't mentioned the year or the city that this Godzilla-like monster attacked. So it's possible that this unseen monster attacked, lets say, Los Angeles in 1997 or Miami in 1998 or whatever.

The reason why Prime Minister Machiko Tsuge from Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla said that Mothra was destroyed in 1961 and that Gaira was killed by the maser cannons instead of being killed by the volcano along with Sanda was because she was either thinking about other monsters or was too old to remember anything correctly or she was misinformed by somebody and didn't bother to do the research herself.

The Kamoebas that died in Tokyo S.O.S was the same one that appeared and, supposedly, attack Japan in 1987. Also, the amoeba that turned the mata-mata turtle in a second Kamoebas died some time after the events of Space Amoeba because it turns out that it couldn't live in Earth's atmosphere for too long due to certain elements in both the air and sea. So the amoeba died, but the second Kamoebas stayed the same. So no, I don't think that Godzilla was controlled by the amoeba in Tokyo S.O.S nor do I think that it is still lurking somewhere in the world of the Kiryu Saga.

It's possible that Godzilla fought and killed at least one other monster in the Final Wars continuity before he got trapped in the ice.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Return to “Millennium Series (1999-2015)”