My version of the Kiryu series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: My version of the Kiryu Saga

Post by mikelcho »

Terasawa wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:42 pm At least one of those shows was dubbed (not in America) but none have ever been released on video here in any form. I wouldn't expect them, either.
Okay, Terasawa, thanks! That's what I thought it was.

So I guess adding these series and their respective films to my collection is definitely out of the question.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Actually, there are some DVDs of dubious legality out there with English subtitles and possibly the dub that I'm sure you can find on eBay or similar places. That said, I've heard terrible things about the shows (The monster designs are nice though), so I'd advise investing your time in different Tokusatsu programs.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:16 pm Actually, there are some DVDs of dubious legality out there with English subtitles and possibly the dub that I'm sure you can find on eBay or similar places. That said, I've heard terrible things about the shows (The monster designs are nice though), so I'd advise investing your time in different Tokusatsu programs.
Thanks! At least now I know.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I wasn't trying to stop you from checking the shows out, mind you - if you're legit interested in seeing them, by all means give them a go. But if you're going to spend the money on a show you're unfamiliar with, I feel there are better options if you simply want a solid Toku show.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:06 pm I wasn't trying to stop you from checking the shows out, mind you - if you're legit interested in seeing them, by all means give them a go. But if you're going to spend the money on a show you're unfamiliar with, I feel there are better options if you simply want a solid Toku show.
No, no, you misunderstood me here - I was saying at least I now know they're not available in this country and they never were, nor do I think they ever will be.

Releasing all three series and their respective films here in Japanese subtitled/English dubbed complete series releases legally and properly would only be a niche release for fans like us, not for John Q. Public (who, admittedly, has absolutely no idea what they are, nor would he even care). As such, it would not be profitable for Toho to do so.

It's a similar situation to Zone Fighter's being released here in the same way, despite the fact that Godzilla's in five of the 26 episodes of the series - the chances of it happening in my lifetime are somewhere between slim and none, if not difficult and impossible.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: My version of the Kiryu Series

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, SonOfGorgo, do you think you could include the Ultra Star God series of three TV series/two OVT specials/one film into "The Kiryuverse Timeline" as well?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: My version of the Kiryu Series

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:44 pm Hey, SonOfGorgo, do you think you could include the Ultra Star God series of three TV series/two OVT specials/one film into "The Kiryuverse Timeline" as well?
Okay
Still the best, 1955... 8-)