The Godzilla: Final Wars Poll

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

What is your opinion of the Godzilla: Final Wars movie.

Great Movie! Love it, Very Entertaining
26%
Like it. Decent Movie, has its flaws but still watchable
46%
Neither Good nor Bad
6%
Dislike it. Bad movie
17%
Terrible movie, Hate it, unwatchable
5%

Total votes: 123

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Godzilla: Final Wars Poll

Postby Zarm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 am

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:I don't think Anguirus is the worst redesign in the film. That honor may go to Rodan, who looks a bit too humanoid for my taste.

I have to agree with this. Most of the Final Wars designs are okay, a few are even very good or great. Rodan, on the other hand, has Batman's silhouette. He looks exactly like what he is; a guy in a rubber suit with wings and pointy ears. He's Batman.

I don't know what, and I don't know how, but this concept needs fan-art of some kind. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

MinorBone Good
Yin-Yang Master

Postby MinorBone Good » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Zarm wrote:I don't know what, and I don't know how, but this concept needs fan-art of some kind. :)

Hmmm.. What a tempting decision... Sure, why not? :lol: Minor's on it.
?ylsuoires erom esnesnon koot ew fi retteb eb dlrow eht t'ndluoW¿ :knife:

latinothor
Samurai

Postby latinothor » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:11 pm

This movie was awesome. The Godzilla of this movie looked cool and he was a champion in a fight, bulldozing every kaiju in this movie. This film also had humans characters I actually cared about as opposed to characters I just listened to until the thing I actually care about show up. All the kaiju from the past had pretty good makeovers (especially Anguirus) and Monster X is my favorite of the Millennium kaiju with his skeleton theme, impressive fighting compared to other kaiju, and especially the Keizer Ghidorah form. The fighting itself was fun to watch too from both sides.

Also, the villain was funny with how such a big bad guy can be so immature.

I know what you mean about the characters. This movie is probably one of the most quotable movies in the saga. But my favorite line comes from good ol' Captain Gordon when he told controller X: "Listen kid, there are two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other is... Godzilla". Such a kick ass line.

The funniest line came probably from the Controller X himself: "I knew that tuna head was good for nothin'.... NEXT!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Those are like, the only two memorable lines from the movie.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Those are like, the only two memorable lines from the movie.

How could you possibly forget

GAAAAAIIIIIIGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Rise!- X
Sorry, I'm a vegetarian.
The entire NY sequence.

Besides that, yeah. Not very memorable.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

latinothor
Samurai

Postby latinothor » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm

"Humankind caused this great fire, it burnt everything in existence, you see?
It made Godzilla angry. This is why Godzilla can never forgive mankind"

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Those are like, the only two memorable lines from the movie.

Everyone goes for the easy ones. For me, it's neither of those;

Along with the Japanese voice over for "I kinda like this face.". Sounds so much better in Japanese.

OT: I find that Final Wars is...odd. Its a meh movie, that I can get some enjoyment out of in a few scenes.

latinothor
Samurai

Postby latinothor » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm

"The world is ruined, now it's a matter of pride. We either die hiding. Or we die fighting"

Added in 11 minutes 57 seconds:
The peaceful Controller to the young Controller X:
"Just remember, he who let his life be ruled by violence would be destroyed by it."

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:37 am

Can I say its incredibly flawed but incredibly entertaining?

Because that's how I feel about the film...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

latinothor
Samurai

Postby latinothor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Can I say its incredibly flawed but incredibly entertaining?

Most movies are/can be incredibly flawed. Take for instance The Matrix, Xmen, Avengers etc.

Incredibly entertaining is indeed how I feel about Godzilla: Final Wars as well. The one movie in the franchise that leaves me feeling pumped to the max.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:52 am

latinothor wrote:Most movies are/can be incredibly flawed. Take for instance The Matrix, Xmen, Avengers etc.

I would have to state that IMO Final Wars is a more
flawed film than those 3 examples you have given

latinothor wrote:Incredibly entertaining is indeed how I feel about Godzilla: Final Wars as well. The one movie in the franchise that leaves me feeling pumped to the max.

Almost like its an overly long music video right?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

latinothor
Samurai

Postby latinothor » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Nope. In my case, I wish this movie would have been an hour longer. Probably doubling time on the fight scenes. I jut can't get enough of this movie.

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:14 am

If a movie needs this many threads to debate whether or not it’s worth a skreeonk, there’s something wrong…

All of this could easily be merged with the general Final Wars thread, we don’t need a thousand threads pleading for the acceptance of GFW among the fandom.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:09 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:If a movie needs this many threads to debate whether or not it’s worth a skreeonk, there’s something wrong…

All of this could easily be merged with the general Final Wars thread, we don’t need a thousand threads pleading for the acceptance of GFW among the fandom.

I agree.

Like really. At this point just make a thread only for people to praise the damn thing only....no outside opinions whatsoever....just people praising it.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:10 am

goji89 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:If a movie needs this many threads to debate whether or not it’s worth a skreeonk, there’s something wrong…

I agree.

Like really. At this point just make a thread only for people to praise the damn thing only....no outside opinions whatsoever....just people praising it.

I'd make one for "Everything Godzilla vs. Biollante Does Right" but the thread would be barren and empty...
Resized Image

Earn Your Health.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:13 am

goji89 wrote:

At this point just make a thread only for people to praise the damn thing only....no outside opinions whatsoever....just people praising it.

You don’t know how many people around here would agree to this, smh.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Chocolate boy chocolate boy chocolate boy

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:31 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Chocolate boy chocolate boy chocolate boy

RIP Squirtle :shrug:

Hope he got to meet the real “Angulas” :P
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:35 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Chocolate boy chocolate boy chocolate boy

RIP Squirtle :shrug:

Hope he got to meet the real “Angulas” :P

I still wonder what the hell they were thinking when they made that particular scene.
"Just smear some chocolate on this kid's face and let's film him burning some monster toys".

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 pm

goji89 wrote:

I agree.

I know right? Like if you enjoy the movie then just enjoy it, don't try convincing others to change their mind.

Return to “Millennium Series (1999-2015)”