Is Chouseishin Gransazer Part of the Kiryu Saga?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Is Chouseishin Gransazer Part of the Kiryu Saga?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So I just finished reading the first two volumes of The Big Book of Japanese Monster Movies , and in the G: Tokyo SOS trivia it mentions Hiroshi Kiozumi playing the same character Professor Chujo (from Mothra and Tokyo SOS) in Chouseishin Gransazer. I have never seen the show, but is it slightly possible it is part if the Kiryu Saga timeline due to Hiroshi Kiozumi playing the same character? Is this similar to how Zone Fighter was part of the Showa timline? Am I grasping at straws?-Probably.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Is Chouseishin Gransazer Part of the Kiryu Saga?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I believe the series also uses Maser tanks so I guess its possible to be connected to at least one of the Godzilla universes.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

I'm gonna necro the hell out of this post...
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 am I believe the series also uses Maser tanks so I guess its possible to be connected to at least one of the Godzilla universes.
The maser tanks are from the Heisei series, ala MBT-92, but are redressed as stand-ins for alien technology.

The clearest connection the movie has is with Professor Chujo... but there is nothing in his scene that references something. I just rewatched the episode to be sure, and sadly didn't even see anything in the old photo album that he has. From the episode, all that is known is that Chujo is a professor and 30 years ago (late 1960's) he worked with Karin Saeki in Europe.

So you have three theories:

1. It's just a cameo nod, and he's technically not related by canon to Chujo from the movies.

2. It's only connected to Mothra 1961 and his initial appearance, even though the show doesn't mention Mothra or the Shobijin.

3. There is a full connection with the Kiryu saga and Chujo from there.

Personally I think 1 or 2 is the most likely.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Chaos Reincarnation
Monarch Researcher

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

I know what you're talking about but it's more of just a nod or a fun little cameo more then anything. No shows mentioned the events of the Kiryu Timeline and you'd think those are events someone would've mentioned at SOME point.

It was probably to get some buzz going for SOS as well.