Keizer Ghidorah: Your Honest Opinions?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Re: Keizer Ghidorah: Your Honest Opinions?

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

Although I can't stand Kaizer Ghidorah, I actually like Monster X's design. He is what Kaizer should have been in my opinion.
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly, i hate him.That design is just too ridiculous to take seriously and his roar is annoying. Why didn't they just have Monster X be X? Or just do the painfully obvious and have the actual Ghidorah show up?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

I think Keizer Ghidorah is the single least imaginative kaiju Toho ever created for the Godzilla series. Had he been the first quadrupedal Ghidorah, I'd at least give him credit for that innovation. But Death Ghidorah did it first and looked a hell of a lot better. The sad thing is that I think Monster X's cool design was one of the better parts of GFW, whereas Keizer's underwhelming design is one of the worst. Had Monster X retained his skeletal color scheme upon transforming, I would have like Keizer Ghidorah better, but the muted gold color is just... off.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:I think Keizer Ghidorah is the single least imaginative kaiju Toho ever created for the Godzilla series. Had he been the first quadrupedal Ghidorah, I'd at least give him credit for that innovation. But Death Ghidorah did it first and looked a hell of a lot better. The sad thing is that I think Monster X's cool design was one of the better parts of GFW, whereas Keizer's underwhelming design is one of the worst. Had Monster X retained his skeletal color scheme upon transforming, I would have like Keizer Ghidorah better, but the muted gold color is just... off.
I agree. Monster X was cooler. On a side note, it's weird how Monster X could have just gotten the wings, or adapted a quadrapedal stance and it would have been fine. Monster X, despite being edgy, had a unique color scheme and paralleled Godzilla nicely. It was also humanoid (a rarity at this point in time for Godzilla foes) but also just enough of a monster so it didn't reek purely of a man in a suit.

So it's a let down that Keizer actively ruins one of the more interesting monsters/unique things GFW has. To make matters worse, despite it being a quadraped, Keizer Ghidorah might as well just be KG. We've seen what Ghidorah goes a dozen times. It attacks with beams, uses it's weight and feet to tackle and crush monsters, and it chokes out Godzilla, until inevitably the necks are broken off.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The most average Ghidorah in the history of the franchise but fine in it's brief role.

RIP Evan.

kiryu86
Samurai

Post by kiryu86 »

I did rather like the suit for Monster X. I can remember watching the movie in elementary school and thinking that I was about to witness a fight between Godzilla and Mew 2. Sadly I did not get that fight. Keizer Ghidorah is probably my least favorite Toho Monster, period. The wings look dumpy and frail, similar to GMK Ghidorah before his transformation, and the horns on the heads look uneven and oddly shaped. The fight was also over far too quickly. The movie had been going from one fight seen that was over too quickly to the next, and the climax was no exception. Final Wars is probably my second least favorite movie overall in the series, second only to the fever dream (literally) that is Godzilla's Revenge. Honestly Monster Island Buddies' version is the superior incarnation.
Not all who wander are lost

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

For me it's the most ridiculous terrible spiky stiff over the top and over designed monster that tried to be unique but failed miserably since Destoroyah in the Godzilla franchise. I don't know if i love or hate this monster, because it fits perfectly his movie and it's so bad it's good. Although i don't want to see it ever again in any movie, i would enjoy if it appeared in some form of media like games.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Overall, it's probably my least favorite Ghidorah design. The wings seem too small, the tails too thin, the base of the necks too thick, and the legs don't really fit. The only aspect I do like though is the idea of 3 different head designs. Now, the left head (Ghidorah-left) design I'm not a fan of, but the other two I like.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

What do I think of Keizer Ghidorah?

Sums it up pretty much but I'll go into detail.
Yeah. Godzilla's 50th, Ghidorah's bound to show up.
Then this fucking unicorn covered in trash bags and two sock puppets on it's shoulders show up, can't even flap it's fucking wings. Doesn't even fly. You know. Something EVERY FUCKING GHIDORAH DOES.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Interesting concept with a mediocre design, but personally I can't help but love him and the whole of Godzilla Final Wars.
Purely for the nostalgia and raw entertainment value of that movie though.
I would be interested in some sort of return for him (or at least his Monster X form)
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: I would be interested in some sort of return for him (or at least his Monster X form)
I would love for Monster X to come back. Keizer Ghidorah can stay dead though. Never want to see his ugly ass again. If Toho's going to revive a quadrupedal Ghidorah, let it be Death Ghidorah.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Monster X is badass, and I love him. Kiezer Ghidorah just seems like a plot device to me.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

On the one hand, Ghidorah missing on Godzilla's 50th anniversary movie would have been wrong, no matter if he had appeared just 2 movies prior.

But Monster X turning into obese Horsedorah was clearly not the way to go.

Monster X transforming into King Ghidorah would have probs been a bit lazy, but maybe it could have been spiced up a bit by having a mid transformation that looks like the concept art of Monster X with wings that was posted earlier.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
EvaGhidorah01 wrote: I would be interested in some sort of return for him (or at least his Monster X form)
I would love for Monster X to come back. Keizer Ghidorah can stay dead though. Never want to see his ugly ass again. If Toho's going to revive a quadrupedal Ghidorah, let it be Death Ghidorah.
I'm fine with either forms of Monster X or Keizer coming back, Des Ghidorah would also be cool to see again too.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Neat idea, poor execution sums up both Keizer Ghidorah and Final Wars.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Keizer Ghidorah is.....all right. While I do think it is the worst Ghidorah design of them all, it is nice to have a Ghidorah with four legs again. The heads look cool and the antigravity beams are awesome, but that coloring is awful and those small wings look so stupid.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Cool monster. Shit movie.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Keizer is the worst Ghidorah ever. Ugly-Ass design with his rat tails, annoying roar, tiny wings, and his deformed heads. Say what you will about GMK’s Ghidorah but at least he wasn’t ugly and dumb.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Really the only part of the design I don't care for is the wings, but as a whole I definitely prefer his first form more. It was unique among Godzilla villains and genuinely scary looking.
Resized Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

It's the suit that failed, not the design. Although, Monster X should've evolved into King Ghidorah since this is the 50th-anniversary film and Ghidorah is Godzilla's arch nemesis.

On the topic of Final Wars being an anniversary film, they shouldn't have got Ryuhei Kitamura. The movie's supposed to celebrate the Godzilla franchise, not distance itself from it! Imagine if the 60th-anniversary film of James Bond tried to abandon the spy theme as much as possible, only for it to end up as a rom-com.