What if there was a sequel to Godzilla vs. Megaguirus?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Good idea or bad idea?

Good idea
30%
Bad idea
41%
Not too sure
30%

Total votes: 27

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

What if there was a sequel to Godzilla vs. Megaguirus?

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Considering that this film ended on a cliffhanger that hinted that Godzilla may've still survived, it makes wonder, what if there was an actual sequel/follow-up made soon after?

If you want to see my idea, check out this link below:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/Special:WikiF ... discussion

What would your ideas be? Please feel free to express such in the comment section down below. Thank you.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What if there was a sequel to Godzilla vs. Megaguirus?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Im not to sure,
If it happened i would like an approach away from the black hole stuff, even though a monster from a insane dimension would be pretty cool. But i do like the idea of godzilla getting trapped in a mysterious dimension full of chaos or him getting trapped on a alien planet
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Considering that this film ended on a cliffhanger that hinted that Godzilla may've still survived, it makes wonder, what if there was an actual sequel/follow-up made soon after?

If you want to see my idea, check out this link below:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/Special:WikiF ... discussion

What would your ideas be? Please feel free to express such in the comment section down below. Thank you.
You already have a discussion in the FanFiction thread. However, while i'm not against a "What if <xx> Movie had a Sequel" topics.

Let's all try and explain WHY you chose said option and not link to a fan-fiction or "just because it would be cool."
Kinda busy atm, but it would be cool if an alternate time line Goji emerged from the portal or if the black hole somehow warped his body and he looks horribly grotesque and disfigured. Definitely would like to see this a solo film.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

There are possibilities in the idea, but I think it doesn't need a sequel. Dimensional monsters were already done in a way by Megaguirus, and producers would likely not want two movies in a row with big bad bugs as the main antagonist.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

SpaceG92 wrote:Let's all try and explain WHY you chose said option and not link to a fan-fiction or "just because it would be cool."
What do you mean by that?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

I am honestly not too sure.
After giving Megaguirus another re-watch, I honestly do not know if I like it or not. If they made a sequel, it COULD be better, but I'm not too sure on that.
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Would Kudo's arm get better? Would we see Sugiura's trial?

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

A sequel in graphic novel form would be cool. The chance to do a film sequel came and went a long time ago.. just like a continuation of the heisei series.

I would take one in book form though.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I wouldn't have minded seeing it partly because I like the suit/look of Godzilla so much in this one and G2K so I would have liked to see it used again. I creatively like the idea of Godzilla being in another dimension but we already seen/heard him emerge again whether it was through a black hole we don't know although the likelyhood that Godzilla escaped from one is awesome so I'm going to go with it. I think they could perhaps reuse the idea of something else coming out of it too but maybe not a flying insect this time maybe something bigger and more directly matched to Godzilla.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

Couldn't GMK be a sequel with a few little rewrites? Couldn't all the films be in the same continuity with a few changes?
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Not really. Even discounting the very different nature of the GMK Godzilla, the very different versions of Mothra in GMK and Tokyo SOS would seem to set those apart, while the very different tech levels in 2000, Megaguirus, GMK, and Final Wars would prevent any of the from sharing a continuity. Ironically, Megaguirus and the Kiryu films would be the best fit... only, since GxM is almost litterally a remake of Megaguirus, it would feel pretty redundant and lopsided as a continuity. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!