Final Wars Question: Destoroyah?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Re: a question on final wars...

Post by godzilla1996 »

Well, that sure is one creative rumor. Destroyah would have poorly executed, and he would have sucked, so I am glad they didn't use Destroyah. Plus, he would seem out of place.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

I used to think that GFW was a pretty good flick... Then i looked past the flashy lights lol. The plot is a mess... They tried to do too much in a single movie, and the monster "battles" were crazy short, excluding monster X. The human fight scenes were meh. It's a pretty mindless movie.

but go watch "the creeping terror" and you'll see a movie that makes even the weakest godzilla film look like avatar lmao.
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

JVM wrote:What the hell does it matter? Destoroyah would have been BUTCHERED if they used him. GFW's the worst movie of all time.
hey they made Gigan look awesome, thats about it though lol
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

Is this the thread where anybody can post questions regarding the Final Wars film? If so, here's mine...

Did anybody notice that the jazz music played in the Antarctic base was off of the Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla score?
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yeah. Personally, it's one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, so I immediately knew what I was hearing. Can't really speak for others around here.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

Goji wrote:Yeah. Personally, it's one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, so I immediately knew what I was hearing. Can't really speak for others around here.
It was ages since I've first seen Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla, and I finally got my own copy after 20 years. Seeing it again after so long, I was surprised that I didn't remember the movie's score had a jazz feel to it. Watching Final Wars beforehand, I do remember catching the jazz music played in the Antarctic base, and I didn't think much of it; just thought it was random jazz music. Until, of course, after watching Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla, I finally made the connection; needless to say I was taken aback.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

It's a fantastic little number. One of the best in the film! It was a pleasant surprise when I heard it in FINAL WARS. I love that the one guy is jammin' to it as well. :lol:
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

I got a question, is FW connected to any ToHo film? Because i read somewhere that it's actually connected to alot of movies. Can anyone confirm this?
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

antovald20 wrote:I got a question, is FW connected to any ToHo film? Because i read somewhere that it's actually connected to alot of movies. Can anyone confirm this?
Godzilla: Final Wars does not directly reference the events of other Toho films. Therefore, it's not connected to any other Toho film.

GFW takes place in its own little universe where no other Godzilla films happened, even the original one.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

antovald20 wrote:I got a question, is FW connected to any ToHo film? Because i read somewhere that it's actually connected to alot of movies. Can anyone confirm this?
The only other film to be directly referenced in the first one.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

Maybe it's me, but I also enjoyed Final Wars for what it is, hell, it's probably my favorite of the modern day Godzilla movies, I even like it more than GMK. The human story, while not the most original in the series, is very fun, different and very over-the-top, love the set designs; the monster designs especially Gigan looks amazing. I guess it depends on what a person is looking for when watching this film, and I personally expected an fun, over-the-top ride and that's what I got. :)

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Last edited by Rody on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Godzilla: Final Wars does not directly reference the events of other Toho films. Therefore, it's not connected to any other Toho film.

GFW takes place in its own little universe where no other Godzilla films happened, even the original one.
That's the way I too see FW. It really didn't stick to any of the previous continuities. It just took it for granted that all the fans knew who Godzilla was/is and they went from there.
Last edited by Gojira1963 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Huh? I didn't make it.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I've only heard that Kiryu and Ooodaku was the only monsters that were meant to be in the film that didn't make it
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I read that Megalon and Battra both were ment to be in the film for the same role, but both were replaced by hedorah. Megagirus was also considered but ended up becoming stock footage. And for Destroyah in Monster X's place, make scince because godzilla didn't kill him hin the orignal finale to the series.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Yes, Destoroyah was planned for Final Wars. I am unsure whether or not he was supposed to me the main villain like Keizer Ghidorah, or was just another monster. I was reading Godzilla Wiki last night, and apparently, Bagan was supposed to be in the movie too. The only monsters that Final Wars reused were simply most of the Showa monsters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Godzilla Wiki isn't a very reliable source, from what I've heard.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Godzillaman wrote:Yes, Destoroyah was planned for Final Wars. I am unsure whether or not he was supposed to me the main villain like Keizer Ghidorah, or was just another monster. I was reading Godzilla Wiki last night, and apparently, Bagan was supposed to be in the movie too. The only monsters that Final Wars reused were simply most of the Showa monsters. Nothing more, nothing less.
No, no, and no.