Page 8 of 8

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:29 am
by _JNavs_
KManX89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Kiryu whooped G's ass a few times, now GMK King Ghidorah on the other hand? Pathetic, I'd put even GMK Baragon ahead of him.

He needed 2 power ups and still died twice


To be fair, it was a souped-up Godzilla much like the one in GvKG.

But any monster that dies in 10 seconds fighting THE Godzilla is pretty much the winner by default:

Image

That's very true I completely forgot, although I'll give a little credit to Zilla and say he just got the bad end of the stick when it came to Godzillas first attack which was an atomic blast straight through that tunahead.

Ebirah did get unloaded on by the alien matrix soldiers (at least they were using super weapons)

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 pm
by KingKong2005
Rhedosaurus wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Kiryu. It needs an absurd amount of power via a VERY destructible energy link (the White Huron plane can easily be blasted out of the sjy by Godzilla's death ray) and it's not that durable. It takes 2 hits from Godzilla's ray before going down. The fact that this is original Godzilla resurrected makes this insulting to me. You don't nerf a Godzilla!
The Showa and Heisei Mechagodzilla's were far more reliable, durable, and fuel efficient.
To be fair, Kiryu is much better in the games.

Unless you're saying Kiryu < Hedorah < Kamacuras <<< Ebirah, then no way haha! Kiryu fought Godzilla to a draw and an eventual defeat (with the help of the Mothra Larvae), but I feel as though he is one of the stronger monsters of the era. He fights Godzilla good.

"With the help of the Mothra Larvae" being the key words. Besides, while he has good firepower, his durability still sucks and requires a massive amount of power.

He had help in the sense that she silked Godzilla up like a christmas present. Kiryu was doing some heavy lifting. You're acting like he didn't thrash Godzilla around and went the distance with Godzilla. Ebirah and Hedorah are WAY weaker anyways, but Kiryu is by no means weak.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 am
by Rhedosaurus
KingKong2005 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:Unless you're saying Kiryu < Hedorah < Kamacuras <<< Ebirah, then no way haha! Kiryu fought Godzilla to a draw and an eventual defeat (with the help of the Mothra Larvae), but I feel as though he is one of the stronger monsters of the era. He fights Godzilla good.

"With the help of the Mothra Larvae" being the key words. Besides, while he has good firepower, his durability still sucks and requires a massive amount of power.

He had help in the sense that she silked Godzilla up like a christmas present. Kiryu was doing some heavy lifting. You're acting like he didn't thrash Godzilla around and went the distance with Godzilla. Ebirah and Hedorah are WAY weaker anyways, but Kiryu is by no means weak.


He requires an absurd amount of power for his batteries and easily gets damaged by Godzilla's atomic ray with ease.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:25 am
by _JNavs_
Didn't GMK Mothra get one shotted and evaporated by Godzillas atomic breath though? GMK Ghidorah got one shotted twice and exploded.

I just realized everyone from GMK got vaporized lmao

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:54 am
by UltramanGoji
No, Mothra took two blasts if I remember correctly.

And really, the monsters in GMK aren't weak so much as Godzilla's just abnormally strong. The film doesn't frame him as a normal incarnation at all.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:57 am
by _JNavs_
I would've loved to see more of him in more flicks. More religious based origins for the kaiju would be cool too

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:59 am
by xolta
In my opion it has to be Kamoebas is the weakest over all kaiju in the Millennium series. I mean we only ever see its dead body.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm
by KingKong2005
xolta wrote:In my opion it has to be Kamoebas is the weakest over all kaiju in the Millennium series. I mean we only ever see its dead body.

That makes no sense though. Just because it died doesn't mean it's weak, we don't know how it died in fact lmao kinda unfair to say :lol:

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:16 am
by GojiDog
Kamoebas gave off the worst impression, that's for sure, lol.

Godzilla mowed through most of the monsters in Final Wars pretty easily, but I don't know if that's because they're weak or because Godzilla in that film is just that strong.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 am
by Gojirawars 03
Kamoebas can't really be properly evaluated, since we just see his dead body. I'd say worst was either Kamacuras or Zilla from Final Wars.

I'm really tempted to say Kiryu because of how he gets one-shot KO'd by Godzilla's atomic breath. In both films. But I think there are definitely weaker foes in the Millenium series.

Of course, aside from maybe the monsters in GMK (who are basically gods or spirits) and Keizer Ghidorah, nobody else in the Millenium series feels that powerful. Especially compared to the rough'n' tough Showa kaiju like Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, or Gigan; and the super powerful Heisei monsters like Destroyah, Mechagodzilla, or SpaceGodzilla.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:36 pm
by LSD Jellyfish
Gojirawars 03 wrote:Kamoebas can't really be properly evaluated, since we just see his dead body. I'd say worst was either Kamacuras or Zilla from Final Wars.

I'm really tempted to say Kiryu because of how he gets one-shot KO'd by Godzilla's atomic breath. In both films. But I think there are definitely weaker foes in the Millenium series.

Of course, aside from maybe the monsters in GMK (who are basically gods or spirits) and Keizer Ghidorah, nobody else in the Millenium series feels that powerful. Especially compared to the rough'n' tough Showa kaiju like Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, or Gigan; and the super powerful Heisei monsters like Destroyah, Mechagodzilla, or SpaceGodzilla.

While I don’t really like “weakest vs strongest” type debates, I’ll point out something; most monsters get 1KO’d by a direct landing of Godzilla’s beam

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:51 pm
by KingKong2005
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:Kamoebas can't really be properly evaluated, since we just see his dead body. I'd say worst was either Kamacuras or Zilla from Final Wars.

I'm really tempted to say Kiryu because of how he gets one-shot KO'd by Godzilla's atomic breath. In both films. But I think there are definitely weaker foes in the Millenium series.

Of course, aside from maybe the monsters in GMK (who are basically gods or spirits) and Keizer Ghidorah, nobody else in the Millenium series feels that powerful. Especially compared to the rough'n' tough Showa kaiju like Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, or Gigan; and the super powerful Heisei monsters like Destroyah, Mechagodzilla, or SpaceGodzilla.

While I don’t really like “weakest vs strongest” type debates, I’ll point out something; most monsters get 1KO’d by a direct landing of Godzilla’s beam

Not to mention Kiryu sends Godzilla flying on multiple occasions in H2H, while other monsters couldn't even touch Godzilla.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:43 pm
by _JNavs_
I think a good one would be Kiryu vs MG1/2 who wins?



I'd say any Kaiju from Final Wars minus the beast combo of Gigan/Monster X are the weakest of the Millennium series. Followed by those weak "gods in name only" from GMK.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:23 am
by EternalMothra
I would say Kamoebas - since he was just slashed by Godzilla and killed. Whereas, at least some (if not all of the FW kaiju) actually did "something."

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:04 am
by Zarm
But for all we know, there was a titanic struggle of near-equals beforehand. I mean, kaiju from various films in various series have ended up dead. That doesn't mean that they were weak or didn't put up a heck of a fight beforehand.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:07 am
by KingKong2005
EternalMothra wrote:I would say Kamoebas - since he was just slashed by Godzilla and killed. Whereas, at least some (if not all of the FW kaiju) actually did "something."

And where did you get this? Also, again, we don't know HOW he died or how much of a fight he put up as Zarm said, so Kamoebas is ruled out entirely. Kiryu is ruled out as well since not only did he put up a tough fight, but there are considerably weaker monsters in the Millennium series. It'd be tough scaling the guardians power levels in GMK since they fought a guaranteed death machine, but even those guys are more powerful than monsters from GFW based on how much of a fight they put up alone.

_JNavs_ wrote:I think a good one would be Kiryu vs MG1/2 who wins?

This would be tough, first we'd have to ask who is tougher between MG1 and MG2. I feel like MG2 is overall better since he literally killed an arguably more powerful Godzilla, but MG1 is an insanely tough H2H fighter with a variety of defensive weapons. I feel like MG2 could tank MG1's weapons but would get slaughtered H2H, it all comes down to MG1's durability to other weapons, and that's tough since we only see him tank Godzilla's weaker-than-Heisei beam. Well, he does take his own beam as well and that does some damage. Thus I feel as though MG2 has a chance if he fires everything off before MG1 has the chance to get up close, once MG1 is unclose it's GG. Now Kiryu is a good H2H fighter and possibly better, but he's got terrible durability, so that's a wrap for Kiryu.
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd say any Kaiju from Final Wars minus the beast combo of Gigan/Monster X are the weakest of the Millennium series. Followed by those weak "gods in name only" from GMK.

I might make a case for Rodan, King Caesar, and Anguirus, which is that it's the same case with the GMK kaiju like UltramanGoji said, which is that they were just fighting an abnormally stronger incarnation of Godzilla himself.

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:54 am
by _JNavs_
KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think a good one would be Kiryu vs MG1/2 who wins?

This would be tough, first we'd have to ask who is tougher between MG1 and MG2. I feel like MG2 is overall better since he literally killed an arguably more powerful Godzilla, but MG1 is an insanely tough H2H fighter with a variety of defensive weapons. I feel like MG2 could tank MG1's weapons but would get slaughtered H2H, it all comes down to MG1's durability to other weapons, and that's tough since we only see him tank Godzilla's weaker-than-Heisei beam. Well, he does take his own beam as well and that does some damage. Thus I feel as though MG2 has a chance if he fires everything off before MG1 has the chance to get up close, once MG1 is unclose it's GG. Now Kiryu is a good H2H fighter and possibly better, but he's got terrible durability, so that's a wrap for Kiryu.


Yeah I agree, Kiryu got put out of commission pretty fast in both his fights. Though he does have an impressive arsenal and like you said even more impressive hands



KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd say any Kaiju from Final Wars minus the beast combo of Gigan/Monster X are the weakest of the Millennium series. Followed by those weak "gods in name only" from GMK.

I might make a case for Rodan, King Caesar, and Anguirus, which is that it's the same case with the GMK kaiju like UltramanGoji said, which is that they were just fighting an abnormally stronger incarnation of Godzilla himself.


Those 3 from FW did put up a good fight so that's true. For GMK though I feel like they all got power boosted once they became "gods". Godzilla was the strongest, but Godzilla has always been the strongest, generally speaking. So say you boosted all 4 kaiju to god level, Godzilla would still likely end up on top.