Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Post by Mechagigan »

Hedorah, no question. Ebirah at least seemed like he could hold his own for a while; after all, he was killed by the more powerful mutants, not just the same old army. Hedorah just showed up, got stabbed, then got blown away by Godzilla's beam like dust. Maybe he could've done more, but from what we saw, he was pretty much as disintegrate-able as tadpole self in Vs Hedorah.

Kamacuras is probably right after Hedorah. He's got agility and can camouflage, but seemed pretty fragile otherwise.

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Mechagigan wrote:Hedorah, no question. Ebirah at least seemed like he could hold his own for a while; after all, he was killed by the more powerful mutants, not just the same old army. Hedorah just showed up, got stabbed, then got blown away by Godzilla's beam like dust. Maybe he could've done more, but from what we saw, he was pretty much as disintegrate-able as tadpole self in Vs Hedorah.

Kamacuras is probably right after Hedorah. He's got agility and can camouflage, but seemed pretty fragile otherwise.

I hated that scene, Ebirah may not rank as high on Godzilla's list of foes as Ghidorah or Destroyah, but being defeated by humans, mutant or not, on foot, with handheld weapons is just sad by Toho kaiju standards...And what was even the point of being a mutant anyway? We saw normal humans, Captain Gordon & his superior, fight off both mutants & aliens, so how superhuman could they really have been? Putting aside the dude who went super saiyan at the end :roll:

At any rate, I'd say Zilla/Gino was the weakest, Ebirah, Hedorah, & Kamacuras can at least say they faired better in the Showa era,Gino got his tail kicked, gloriously so, in a matter of moments by the Big G himself, every kaiju after that took at least a little more effort to finish off, even if Godzilla did curb stomp nearly all of them.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Yeah it seems like all being a mutant (not counting Kaizers) does is make you slightly better at fighting and hop insane heights and distances and have good stamina. Other than that, the risk of being mind controlled does not seem like it's worth being part alien.

Anyways, how can we rank Kamoebas? It died off screen but I can't imagine it put Godzilla in any real danger before getting it's neck slashed open.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Living Corpse wrote:Yeah it seems like all being a mutant (not count Kaizers) does is make you slightly better at fighting and hope insane heights and distances and have good stamina. Other than that, the risk of being mind controlled does not seem like it's worth being part alien.

Anyways, how can we rank Kamoebas? It died off screen but I can't imagine it put Godzilla in any real danger before getting it's neck slashed open.
Agreed, & not like you need super strength or Matrix/Super Sentai skills to pilot an airship or fire a gun :|

As for Kam, yeah, I don't think he's very high up in the power rankings either. He doesn't have any special abilities or weapons beyond his shell or his extendable neck and bite, so unless he's a very swift swimmer I can't imagine he was too difficult for Godzilla to defeat, shrugs, hard to say without having seen their fight (but I get the feeling it had been a one sided battle rather than a clash of titans). I'd rank him above Gino at least, since he has body armor and a history of fighting other kaiju (outside of the Gino cartoon, which the Millennium Gino seemed to have little in common with...And while that show was better than the 98 film, I don't think Gino or the monsters he faced, many of whom were cooler than Gino himself, were quite on par with the average Toho kaiju).

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

The thing I don't like about the Mutants is the whole "Gigan has M-Base too" thing. If the main guy was supposed to be half human, half alien, does that mean someone and an alien had kids in the first place years and years ago? The only ancient alien we really know of in the movie is Gigan... I mean, I've heard of stranger relationships.

OT, Kamoebas I wouldn't even count because, for all we know, he put up a really great fight but got killed anyways. We only saw the aftermath so it's hard to judge how he did.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

It couldn't have been that tough of a fight considering Godzilla seemed fine.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Final Wars kaiju shouldn't count because they by all standards were weak. They were just put in as eye candy for the fans and had no real impact other than fan service.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

People like to ignore the fact that three FW kaiju single-handedly destroyed three high-tech proto-Gotengos. They're at least strong enough to thwart all military attempts to stop them.
Also, I'm not too mad over the fact that Ebirah was taken down by humans since the logistics of their futuristic weaponry was left unexplained, and I've seen even weaker humans in the Ultra Series holding their own against decently powerful kaiju with handheld weaponry.
Monsters are the real people.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I was going to say Baragon at first.

Then I realized Final Wars Hedorah exists.

Talk about a pushover. Didn't even get a part in the destruction montage.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

2004Zilla wrote:Talk about a pushover. Didn't even get a part in the destruction montage.
If only Kitamura wasn't a hack and remembered that it can't be simultaneously orange and night at the same time. :P
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

NSZ wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Talk about a pushover. Didn't even get a part in the destruction montage.
If only Kitamura wasn't a hack and remembered that it can't be simultaneously orange and night at the same time. :P
Please explain to me how he's a hack.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KaijuDuke wrote:
Agreed, & not like you need super strength or Matrix/Super Sentai skills to pilot an airship or fire a gun :|
Granted being able to jump away from the debris or monster claw and not running out of breath is nice. But then again you shouldn't be that fucking close to the giant monster to begin with because you have a damn long range plasma machine-gun.

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Living Corpse wrote:
KaijuDuke wrote:
Granted being able to jump away from the debris or monster claw and not running out of breath is nice. But then again you shouldn't be that skreeonking close to the giant monster to begin with because you have a damn long range plasma machine-gun.

"applauds" that too! XD

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

NateZilla1988 wrote:I'd say the weakest is probably I dunno,Baragon from GMK.
I dunno,it's just my opinion :g2k:
Nah. Unlike pretty much all the opposing Monsters in GFW GMK Baragon could at least take some punishing abuse. He was useless as all get out. But he could take a punch.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Hedorah, Kumonga, Kamakuras, Zilla

djkgoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by djkgoji »

I strongly disagree with all who say GMK Baragon. In point of fact, he put up a pretty good fight against what was one of the most powerful incarnations of Godzilla ever.
"Is he strong?" No, not really. He's got radioactive blood, after all.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

djkgoji wrote:I strongly disagree with all who say GMK Baragon. In point of fact, he put up a pretty good fight against what was one of the most powerful incarnations of Godzilla ever.
I agree with this. GMK took out Ghidorah alone; Baragon didn't stand a chance, as an obviously weaker monster.

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

Baragon and Zilla.

Baragon loses his fight with Godzilla, it was tailed and it was killed by the Atomic Breath in GMK.

Zilla was a kaiju that appeared in GFW, and it was attacking Sidney, Australia. later Godzilla appears in Sidney, where the Xilien controller deployed Zilla to fight with the King of the monsters. Zilla was tailed and killed by the Atomic Breath in 12 seconds.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Although, the Kamacuras went down even faster and got impaled by simple steel. So that would be a definite contender.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GMK Ghidorah, that chicken footed baby dragon cant even reach Showa Ghidrahs ankles.....I dont care how strong Goji was, Ghidorah should always be a ying to G's yang.
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.