Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Millenium Series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

What is your favorite suit of the Millenium Series?

Mire Goji (Godzilla 2000/Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
31%
Sokogecki Goji (GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack)
33%
Kiryu Goji (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla/Godzilla: Tokyo SOS)
23%
Final Goji (Godzilla: Final Wars)
13%

Total votes: 93

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Millenium Series

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

I picked "Kiryugoji" (I still don't like using the "Goji" names for some reason) as my favorite, but it's a close one. I'd rank the Millennium suits from best to worst as:

Kiryugoji
Miregoji
Final Goji
GMK Goji

I actually really like the Final Goji suit and don't understand the hate for it, aside from its awkward head profile. But the GMK suit is one of my least favorites.

I know GMK is a fan favorite, but I find it to be the Son of Godzilla suit of the Millennium series. In stills and action figures it looks pretty good, but in motion it's too goofy and not remotely as frightening as it wants to be. Then again, I'm not a big fan of the film, either.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Sokogeki Goji is the most expressive Millennium Godzilla and my favorite, mostly for that reason. I'm not a huge fan of the Wakasa Godzillas, especially the way the faces are sculpted. Of his Godzilla suits, I think Kiryu Goji looks best on screen. Mire Goji looks good at certain angles but I agree with everyone here who doesn't care for the Gira Goji modifications. I think that costume also looks particularly bad because Kenji Suzuki mostly shot it using harsh lights.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

I'm on a tie between SokogekiGoji and MireGoji. MireGoji is pretty unique, has a perpetually frowning yet imposing expression and those spikes look sharp and add to the awe-commanding factor.
MireGoji is pure nightmare fuel, and is a truly magnificent reimagining of the 1954 design. Those blank, soulless leyes devoid of life drive home the point this Godzilla is a demonic, undead abomination. But yeah, he's rather chubby.

MillenniumGojira2000
Young Farmer

Post by MillenniumGojira2000 »

I prefer the Millennium/vs. Orga suit to the others of the era, but the dorsal spikes never sat well with me. I prefer Gojira's dorsal plates somewhat jagged but bony, like what you'd see on an actual stegosaurus but mutated. The original 1954 suit captured the idea, but afterward were changed out for puffy dorsal fins, which again I never really cared for. Legendary Pictures' design almost gets it, but falls short.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

FinalGoji for me. But with MireGoji at a very close second, and GMK at an even closer third