Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Millenium Series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

What is your favorite suit of the Millenium Series?

Mire Goji (Godzilla 2000/Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
31%
Sokogecki Goji (GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack)
33%
Kiryu Goji (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla/Godzilla: Tokyo SOS)
23%
Final Goji (Godzilla: Final Wars)
13%

Total votes: 93

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Re: Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Millenium Series

Post by kaiju115 »

I like the Miregoji suit, it looks very badass, but I'm not a huge fans of the purple spikes, I like the design of the spikes, but I just don't like the color they gave em, & it certainly didn't help when they started to look pink in Godzilla vs Megaguirus. Which is why I prefer the Kiryu-goji as my favorite of the Millennium series, because it straightens out everything that was wrong with the Mire-goji suit.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Sokogecki-Goji definitely gets my vote; it's a very traditional design that harkens back to the likes of Shodai-Goji and Mosu-Goji, with a few tweaks (e.g. teeth & claws, spines) to make him even more ferocious looking than before. However, it isn't a flawless suit, as we all know. The "backbone" of the suit looks unnaturally straight and stiff, while the neck awkwardly slouches forward; and the lower body in general looks over-sized, creating the infamous potbelly.
Regardless, this is my favorite Millennium suit, and one of my favorite Godzilla suits period.

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Nothing beats G2000 for me.

Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Destroyer wrote:Nothing beats G2000 for me.

And apparently Angelfire.com thinks so too.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

G-fan4life
Monsterland Worker

Post by G-fan4life »

I like the Kiryu Goji suit the best for this series,with Kiryu Goji a very close 2nd.
I have to admit though I can't stand the Sokogeki Goji at all.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Sokogeki Goji suit is my second favorite suit of the Millennium series, after the Kiryu Goji, my only complaint with it is that they gave him too much of a potbelly.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

kaiju115 wrote:Sokogeki Goji suit is my second favorite suit of the Millennium series, after the Kiryu Goji, my only complaint with it is that they gave him too much of a potbelly.
I agree. His belly looked too awkward, especially when he was probably the most evil and intimidating of all the Godzilla versions out there.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

When I think of the Millennium series Godzilla movies I think of Miregoji with Sokogecki-Goji as a close second because of how evil and scary he looks... aside from his beer/pot belly.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I like the SokogeckiGoji suit the most because I like the eyes and it doesn't have the sharp spines I don't like about the other Millennium designs have. The potbelly is a bit weird though.

I like the Final Goji suit a lot because of the slimmer design and the dorsal plates. The face isn't the best though.

I'm not a fan of the other suits though...
Resized Image

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

MireGoji gets my vote. It's a fun redesign with some deserved iconography, and it absolutely fits the relatively colorful tones of the two movies it's in.

It's hard to imagine it playing a role in a truly somber destruction sequence, but it's a good all-purpose design for the "anti-hero" Godzilla take.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I'm leaning towards the Final Wars suit. The other suits look too weird to me.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Love MireGoji, particularly the face. He has a bold look yet always appears so pissed. Kind of hate how figures keep getting made of the uglier concept version.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Godzilla 2000 for me, love the aggressive look they gave him and those awesome spines. There's just something that genuinely makes him look physically powerful and imposing. Plus the fiery orange ray is easily one of the best looking atomic rays. Though I wasn't too fond of the changes made to the look in Megaguirus, too green, neck and snout too long.
Resized Image

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

I would like the 1999 suit a lot more had it had more mobility in the face -- blinking eyes, moving tongue -- in the sense that it didn't look like it was alive most of the time

which is the reason my favourite out of the Millennium suits is the 2001 Godzilla because the subtle mechanisms in the face sell it far better than the others. The blinking mechanism is great. It's also the kind of 'upgraded conservative' design I really like. Elaborates the original formula into something that's pretty reminescent of it and at the same time really dynamically works as a design by itself

on the other hand, the 2004 one has to be the worst
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

My personal favorite is the MireGoji suit. Mostly because it was very different when looking at Toho Godzillas, besides the 1998 version. The spines are bigger and are a more purple color, he is now green, his default atomic breath is orange, and his roar is different, but stills keeps the roar that we all know and love. The other Godzillas in this era are great too! GMK has a cool design and is one of the most terrifying. 2002's design has a mix of Godzilla 2000 and the other Godzillas of the past. And 2004........ Has a rat face...... Yeah, this was the worst looking Godzilla suit in the Millennium.
But anyways, the MireGoji suit is badass and is one of my favorite Godzilla suits to date!
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I like the Millennium Godzilla and I think Tom Kitagawa was able to get a good bit of personality out of the suit just by twisting and turning his head (the way his head flicks in G2K before firing the ray is nice), but the colors of the suit and beam are a turn off to me. I actually prefer the look of the Kiryu suits with the classic colors even if his personality is a bit duller.

My favorite is GMK though. It has such a nice evil retrosaur look to it. I might have mentioned this in another thread, but I think it says a lot about Kaneko that he wanted to return to the grey skin, white fins and blue breath after some of the more 'out there' designs that immediately preceded it (Burning G, G98, G2K/GXM).

I like Final Wars too, it has a nice sleek look to it, but its movie doesn't do it any favors.

GoodOlGoji
Samurai

Post by GoodOlGoji »

Oh definitely Mire. So unique and intimidating. That whole incarnation is badass.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I know I'm completely in the minority, but FinalGoji's design just struck a chord with me. It looks very animalistic, yet intelligent, and yet quite feral and fierce. It's a very neat design, but Millennium was a very strong series for Godzilla suit designs overall. :g2k:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KiryuGoji, I just love the design.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

MireGoji
SokogekiGoji
FinalGoji