Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

Postby Zarm » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:21 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?

See, Gone with the Wind, I can forgive; they did not yet know what they were missing back then.

But Home Alone with Jet Jaguar? I need to see that movie.

I love you guys, I really do.

I wanted to see Captain Gordon riding on Jet Jaguar's shoulder.

:shock: Are you crazy? If those two ever came together- if they actually touched- it might cause the Earth to spontaneously explode! The world could not handle a team-up of such magnitude.

I mean, affection right back attacha, MechaGoji Bro... but you have to know what you're talking about before you just throw ideas like that around. This is playing with fire, man. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 am

GojiDog wrote:Including Kiryu would have been interesting. Godzilla/Mechagodzilla Team up? Never seen that before. But then it would have to have been a sequel to Tokyo SOS and the Millennium Series don't play like that!

Not necessarily. They definitely would have re-purposed one of the Kiryu suits (instead of making an entirely new MG design) to save money, had him referred to as just "Mechagodzilla", and had him in an entirely different role, but I don't think they would have forced it to be a sequel just as an excuse to include MG. It may have confused audiences, but I doubt they really would have cared. With all of the other monsters in the mix, it probably wouldn't have been considered an issue to the filmmakers.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?

See, Gone with the Wind, I can forgive; they did not yet know what they were missing back then.

Love you too, pal. :lol:

That sounds fantastic, but picture this: Jet Jaguar pallin' around with that kid, the grandpa, and Minya. What if Jet Jaguar raised Minya while Godzilla was frozen?
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 am

Zarm wrote:

:shock: Are you crazy? If those two ever came together- if they actually touched- it might cause the Earth to spontaneously explode! The world could not handle a team-up of such magnitude.

I mean, affection right back attacha, MechaGoji Bro... but you have to know what you're talking about before you just throw ideas like that around. This is playing with fire, man. ;)[/quote]

:huge: Those two teaming up might be good enough to cause Godzilla and King Kong to team up against them! :lol:

Ah, I can't help playing with fire..... imma spicy fellow. :pokerface: :lol:

Dr. Professor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:

Love you too, pal. :lol:

That sounds fantastic, but picture this: Jet Jaguar pallin' around with that kid, the grandpa, and Minya. What if Jet Jaguar raised Minya while Godzilla was frozen?

Now this, this is top quality headcanon. If this actually happened, it would be the greatest Godzilla film since Godzilla vs Megalon . I expected nothing less of theories from you, professor.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Now this, this is top quality headcanon. If this actually happened, it would be the greatest Godzilla film since Godzilla vs Megalon . I expected nothing less of theories from you, professor.

I do have a PhD in theories. ;)

Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 am

It's about time we had a decent theoriologist around here.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:55 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I wanted to see Captain Gordon riding on Jet Jaguar's shoulder.

Ew.

That's like wanting the Mona Lisa stained with infant feces.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 am

Zarm wrote:It's about time we had a decent theoriologist around here.

I've been here for five years!

eabaker wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I wanted to see Captain Gordon riding on Jet Jaguar's shoulder.

Ew.

I'm not sure who's the Mona Lisa and who's the infant feces in this scenario.

Resized Image

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:25 am

Dr. Professor wrote:
eabaker wrote:

Ew.

Which one is known for a beguiling smile?

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm

eabaker wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Ew.

Which one is known for a beguiling smile?

Good point.

Infant feces is the most brutal insult I've ever heard. It's bad enough being called feces, but now you're not even worth enough to be adult feces? Oof.

Resized Image

ManuJM1997
JXSDF Technician

Postby ManuJM1997 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Berserk Kiryu vs Modified Gigan sounds so cool that now I hate GFW even more for not including him :lol:
JesstrK wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Ahhh the Godzilla vs Kong thread, my favorite place to discuss A Quiet Place

I know, right? There's like a whole page dedicated to it! I sure am glad I stumbled into the Godzilla vs Kong thread out of idle curiosity, I was beginning to think I'd never find a place to talk about A Quiet Place. Maybe they should just cancel GvK altogether so we can all go see A Quiet Place 2 and discuss that here come March 2020?

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm

ManuJM1997 wrote:Berserk Kiryu vs Modified Gigan sounds so cool that now I hate GFW even more for not including him :lol:

It obviously wouldn’t have been the same Kiryu from the previous movies, the Godzilla in Final Wars IS the 1954 version, meaning Kiryu would have just been a Mechagodzilla.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Final Wars is legitimately the only Godzilla film I really wanted to be "overstuffed" with Godziller action. This is the one time I'll ever say a G film needed more Godzilla screentime. They should've thrown in several Kamacurus's for Godzilla to battle, shown the Hedorah and Ebirah battle, and made the first Godzilla vs Gigan fight longer.

Oh, and how about finally seeing Godzilla battle an army of alien spaceships? We've seen Godzilla blow up spaceships in TOMG but we've never seen him battle them head on.

Now that would be a slightly better 50th anniversary film.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Oh Boy...

So this film is an overstuffed mess that does not focus enough on Godzilla & his fellow kaiju...

BUT!

I still find it entertaining in a very cheesy & campy anime way.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician

Postby GojiDog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am

Final Wars is a movie that any fan could say they loved or that they hated and I would completely understand both sides of the argument.

I'm one fan that is more in the middle with it. It is nowhere near one of my favorites and I felt it could have been much better, but it is certainly an ambitious and fun film to watch. I will never accuse of being boring or lazy, that's for sure.

It isn't for everybody, but is so over the top with all the things it tried to accomplish that its hard not to appreciate as well.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 am

GojiDog wrote:Final Wars is a movie that any fan could say they loved or that they hated and I would completely understand both sides of the argument.

You know what, this is a pretty good point. I can see why people would love Final Wars, and I can absolutely see why people would hate it. While others that I dislike or think are lesser in quality I have a hard time see why people feel that way.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 am

This is in the bottom 5 films in the franchise for me, it really is just so terrible. Say what you want about all the failings of G98 but at least it wasn't a franchise killing failure

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am

In fairness, neither was Final Wars. If memory serves me correctly, it was made with the intention of being a final sendoff for 10 years give or take. Sure they could have changed this, but it's not like any of the Millennium films (except GMK) did particularly well.
Resized Image

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

Maritonic wrote:In fairness, neither was Final Wars. If memory serves me correctly, it was made with the intention of being a final sendoff for 10 years give or take. Sure they could have changed this, but it's not like any of the Millennium films (except GMK) did particularly well.

It was supposed to be there big 50th anniversary film and hopefully bring new life and international attention to the franchise but as I said it flopped so hard it killed the franchise until an American reboot 10 years later breathed new life into it. The budget was 19.5 mill and it only grossed 12 mill, only passing 10 due to the international profit. It even did worse the Megagauirus which was a pretty big flop for Toho

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:25 am

I never disputed it flopped.
Resized Image

Return to “Millennium Series (1999-2015)”