Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzilla1998Fan
Ronin

Re: Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

Postby Godzilla1998Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla1998Fan wrote:Meh sometimes fan theory is better than actuality :? .

That doesn't mean you should go around parading it as canon.

Okay then. :P
Don't let my username fool you as i'm a fan of both Godzilla & Godzilla 1998 & yes i refer to him as Godzilla not zilla. :D

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:07 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla1998Fan wrote:Yeah i know about that alternate end for them but i'm really glad they didn't go with it as Godzilla was just playing with them during their "fight" & wasn't trying to kill them. :D

Fan-theory. Not true. Every monster in GFW is an enemy.

They didn't want to destroy the suits because they still had promotional use.

Well I mean the they kept blowing up and cutting up the Gigan suit. In real life, i believe it was just a sign of respect to keep Godzilla's past allies alive and not blow them to smithereens.
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Godzilla1998Fan
Ronin

Postby Godzilla1998Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:10 pm

UltimateDitto wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla1998Fan wrote:Yeah i know about that alternate end for them but i'm really glad they didn't go with it as Godzilla was just playing with them during their "fight" & wasn't trying to kill them. :D

Fan-theory. Not true. Every monster in GFW is an enemy.

They didn't want to destroy the suits because they still had promotional use.

Well I mean the they kept blowing up and cutting up the Gigan suit. In real life, i believe it was just a sign of respect to keep Godzilla's past allies alive and not blow them to smithereens.

I wish i can like comments on here. :huge:
Don't let my username fool you as i'm a fan of both Godzilla & Godzilla 1998 & yes i refer to him as Godzilla not zilla. :D

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 am

Anybody else really like X's voice in the dub? I typically don't like the Heisei and Millennium dubs (G2K aside), but I thought his voice was really fitting and the actor sounded like he was having a good time with it.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Tue May 01, 2018 11:37 am

Agreed. I actually kind of enjoyed him more than his Japanese counterpart.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Monster Zero
EDF Soldier

Postby Monster Zero » Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 pm

I also 100% agree! He may be my favorite dubber in the entire franchise. It's so funny and unforgettable.
Resized Image
Hey You! Do you like Comics?! Me too! Which is why I Partnered With my Best Friend to Create a Comic that we Love to Make! It's Called "Roomies!"
https://tapas.io/series/RoomiesofGuyCity
Please Check it Out if You're Interested!
And here's the official Twitter page! Give us a follow for updates, please!
https://twitter.com/RoomiesComic

JetrellFo
Ronin

Postby JetrellFo » Thu May 03, 2018 4:50 pm

I don't take these films so serious that I can't even enjoy the premise of Final War. It is what it is and to me it's still fun regardless.

Jeff-Goldblum2
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Jeff-Goldblum2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:15 am

Rewatched Godzilla: Final Wars once again and just noticed some dialogue from Kumi Mizuno's commander character. She says "Dispatch Karyu"

Could this mean that Mechagodzilla is also in this film? Mechagodzilla does seem to be one of the more famous monsters noticeably absent in this movie.

Or is Karyu just another ship like the Gotengo?

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:19 am

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Rewatched Godzilla: Final Wars once again and just noticed some dialogue from Kumi Mizuno's commander character. She says "Dispatch Karyu"

Could this mean that Mechagodzilla is also in this film? Mechagodzilla does seem to be one of the more famous monsters noticeably absent in this movie.

Or is Karyu just another ship like the Gotengo?

Karyu is the flying battle station that goes after Anguirus. Kiryu (Mechagodzilla) is very obviously not in the film.
Resized Image

Earn Your Health.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am

..Wat. Kiryu obviously isn't in the film. Was this your first time watching GFW?
Last edited by Goji on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:04 am

Goji wrote:..Wat. Kiryu obviously isn't in the film. Was this your first time watching GFW?

I think he meant 'could it exist in this film universe, despite not being seen onscreen?'.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Probably, but it was poorly worded.

Wasn't Kiryu originally planned to be in this before they settled on the Gotengo instead? I honestly can't remember for the life of me if that's true, or was always just a rumor.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Goji wrote:Probably, but it was poorly worded.

Wasn't Kiryu originally planned to be in this before they settled on the Gotengo instead? I honestly can't remember for the life of me if that's true, or was always just a rumor.

I would have absolutely preferred Kiryu over Gotengo, that would have been awesome to see.
Resized Image

Earn Your Health.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Goji wrote:Probably, but it was poorly worded.

The story goes they were thinking of throwing in Kiryu but since it was in the last 2 films that it was "redundant".

GojiDog
Interpol Agent

Postby GojiDog » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 am

Including Kiryu would have been interesting. Godzilla/Mechagodzilla Team up? Never seen that before. But then it would have to have been a sequel to Tokyo SOS and the Millennium Series don't play like that!

But honestly, it could have worked. Godzilla was neutralized at the end of Tokyo SOS in a way that would have kept him out of the events setting up Final Wars. Instead of having to do a prologue setting up Godzilla, again, and instead of going to the ice base, they could have just had the Gotengo go to the bottom of the ocean to wake up Kiryu and Godzilla to fight the monsters.

And yes, I'd have kept the Gotengo in the film, even with Kiryu/Mechagodzilla involved...come on! That was neat. I also kind of have a soft spot for Atragon the film so I dug it.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am

I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to bring back an evil MechaGodzilla. Also this film is sorely missing Jet Jaguar.

Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am

Dr. Professor wrote:I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to bring back an evil MechaGodzilla. Also this film is sorely missing Jet Jaguar.

True, but I think the same could be said of most films. Even ones that aren't in the Godzilla series or made in Japan. :)

Saving Private Ryan? Sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Sleepless in Seattle? Also sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Jurassic Park? Would still have benefited from more Jet Jaguar.

#ProLife

Maranatha!

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to bring back an evil MechaGodzilla. Also this film is sorely missing Jet Jaguar.

True, but I think the same could be said of most films. Even ones that aren't in the Godzilla series or made in Japan. :)

Saving Private Ryan? Sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Sleepless in Seattle? Also sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Jurassic Park? Would still have benefited from more Jet Jaguar.

Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?

Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am

Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:

Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?

See, Gone with the Wind, I can forgive; they did not yet know what they were missing back then.

But Home Alone with Jet Jaguar? I need to see that movie.

#ProLife

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:

See, Gone with the Wind, I can forgive; they did not yet know what they were missing back then.

But Home Alone with Jet Jaguar? I need to see that movie.

I love you guys, I really do.

I wanted to see Captain Gordon riding on Jet Jaguar's shoulder.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Return to “Millennium Series (1999-2015)”