The GFW poll

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Final Wars was...

Great!
16%
Pretty good
14%
Meh, okay, average
25%
Piss poor
25%
Absolutely awful
21%

Total votes: 77

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The GFW poll

Post by eabaker »

While I defended the existence of this thread in addition to the previous one, I never conisdered that this one might start getting all the attention and prevent us from reaching a continuous 100 pages of hate in the old thread! :-(
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

TheSecondComing wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Man, how many times is the same topic going to be done over and over again?

As long as the movie's detractors feel it isn't a waste of time to beat the dead horse of "ITSUCKS Y U NO REJCET MOVI" to its fans.
You know, I'm just going to put this out there: I've said GFW sucks, but I've never said anything about the people who enjoy the film, especially nothing like "Y U NO REJCET MOVI". And If I did say something like that, I regret saying it now and would take it back.

You're making it out like people who keep up the GFW-hate campaign are out to get the people who like GFW. While I can't speak for anyone else, I don't hate anybody for liking GFW. I have no claims or problems with those people. My problems are simply with Godzilla: Final Wars. I might get into discussions with a fan of GFW about the finer points of the film, or what we think of it, but at that point I'm still just expressing my opinion and saying how I feel about the film as a counter-point to that fan's opinion and feelings. There's nothing wrong with that. That's just a friendly discussion between two people who have opposing viewpoints.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

The hate for this movie is actually winning by one vote at this point.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

ScootaVaran wrote:The hate for this movie is actually winning by one vote at this point.
Yeah, breaking it into a good/bad dichotemy, with "meh" votes counting as good, it is a very narrow majority. Averaging the votes (with the lowest votes having a value of 1 and the highest a value of 5), it's averaging a little above 2.5, so somewhere right between "piss poor" and "meh."

"Meh," however, has victory by plurality at the moment.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.