Millennium series: Your way

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Millennium series: Your way

Post by Godzilla165 »

If you had the opportunity to create ideas, or make movies for the Millennium series... What would they be, how would the monsters look, how would you write the characters, and what would the final movie be?

#BotM

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Millennium series: Your way

Post by eabaker »

I was disappointed that the Millennium series didn't include a solo Godzilla movie. Monster fights are great and all, but, in the end, it's Godzilla's impact on humanity (and vice versa) that I find most interesting.

If I had studio backing, I would make a very somber solo Godzilla movie, possibly even a borderline apocalyptic one.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

I would do what he said ^, plus maybe a Kiryu triology, that would've been real cool. Another Godzilla vs King Kong, this time let Godzilla beat the crap out of King Kong, A remake to Rodan, Varan, maybe War of the Gargantuas would've been cool(WOTG remake could've included Kiryu as well.)
This time, have some other nation involvement, like have the US help Japan out with a monster...
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

If I was in charge of the Millennium series, things would be a bit different. I'd probably have their be different films too. Orga and Megaguirus would still be there, but in different films. I'd give Kaneko more control over his Godzilla film (wether it be Godzilla vs. M or GAV/GMK). I'd also bring back a lot of older and more forgotten kaiju too like the Gargantuas, Varan, Megalon, Manda, Maguma, Gabara, etc and also add in some newer ones as well. I'd give directors a bit more freedom on what they can do with a film (as long as it's not like Final Wars). For the final film, it'd be a lot different compared to what we got. It'd be monster mash type film, but it would've featured a lot more Godzilla and friends compared to the final product we got.

Also, I'd have a new Jet Jaguar/Zone Fighter TV show where the monsters of the week would be a mix of the cinematic monsters and brand new creations, along with Godzilla appearing from time to time as an ally.

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

TheChingzilla wrote:I would do what he said ^, plus maybe a Kiryu triology, that would've been real cool. Another Godzilla vs King Kong, this time let Godzilla beat the crap out of King Kong, A remake to Rodan, Varan, maybe War of the Gargantuas would've been cool(WOTG remake could've included Kiryu as well.)
This time, have some other nation involvement, like have the US help Japan out with a monster...
You mean trilogy?
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

I'd start the millennium series revolving around Godzilla Jr. years after the events in Destroyah took place. Show how he's even stronger and angrier than the hesei Godzilla due to being mutated by all his radiation, and being pissed because he thinks humanity is responsible for his fathers death. The high-intensity release of radioactivity in 1995 also changed several other animals, including a deep sea monster who lived deep down like the original Godzilla in 1954. The monsters would fight, Junior would win, and along the way learn not to look at humanity as an enemy.

Then I'd allow Shusuke Kaneko to make his own Godzilla trilogy. I'd give him full reign. But someone else already pretty much said this.

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Yeah that's what I meant...
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'd have done a movie kind of akin to GFW, but taking place in the actual Showa continuity.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

eabaker wrote:I was disappointed that the Millennium series didn't include a solo Godzilla movie.
I would have to agree. When there are only two monsters in a film, and it isn't good enough to be named in the title, then it shouldn't have been in the movie.

The problem, how to create a resolution at the end of the movie with just Godzilla? People will except a sequel with such a well known pop-culture star, but they still want an ending to the story they paid to see. A burial in ice perhaps?

This is kind of off the cuff but I say start out with a 5 movie plan.

1. Godzilla 2000 (Same Name, Different Results)
Godzilla has been attacking Pacific Rim Countries and a multi-national group is created and armed with the most modern of technology, let's call them, the Earth Defense Force. Godzilla attacks Tokyo but ultimately defeated by Anti-Nuclear Bacteria and retreats into the sea like at the end of Godzilla vs Biollante (1989).

2. Godzilla: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (Similar to GMK but back to basics)
Godzilla returns to do battle with a few new monsters, Anguirus, Baragon, Varan, and Rodan. Eventually Godzilla, defeats them all and returns to the sea to heal.

3. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (same name, amazing results!)
The Earth Defense Force has completed work on a new Anti-Kaiju weapon, Mechagodzilla (Kiryu-type design), and attempt to use it to fight Godzilla. There could be drama on both sides, Godzilla is nature and should be left alone, while Mechagodzilla is a machine is wasting valuable resources that could be used to help the nations of the world rebuild, blah, blah. Eventually, Godzilla is badly injured and is lured to an iceberg where he is entombed.

4. Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (again, same name, somewhat similar results)
Godzilla is released from his icy tomb due to abnormal weather conditions, rising sea temperatures, etc. Greedy businessmen (of the careless polluting-type) capture the Infant Island fairies as a way to change the image of their company. Inadvertently, this brings Mothra to bear down on the nation of Japan. The Earth Defense Force has completed repairs on Mechagodzilla, and attempts to battle both Godzilla and Mothra. Eventually, Mechagodzilla is used to help Mothra defeat Godzilla and transports him to the Pacific Island Chain of Ogasawara. Now dubbed, Monster Island. We see the other monsters have been gathered there as well.

5. Destroy All Monsters
A meteor shower comes to bear down on the Earth. There is much chaos on the world, and then word is that the control facility on Monster Island has been destroyed and the monsters are on the loose. However, as the Earth monsters are being rounded up, the great golden dragon, King Ghidorah (1999 with Heisei neck length and Showa-like Wingspan) appears and unleashes its fury upon the globe. Now, the mother of all monster battles happens. Godzilla leads, Anguirus (1968), Baragon (2001), Varan, Rodan (1993), and Rainbow Mothra (1997). As well as new monsters for the film Ebirah (Final-Wars-type), Kumonga (1967), Kamacuras (Final Wars-type), Manda (Final Wars-type), and finally Titanosaurus (1975, that's right I named picked him!). 12 monsters in all, beating out the original DAM by 1.

That's the best I think of right now. I had considered a Godzilla vs Rodan and a Godzilla vs Anguirus (mainly so that his name would be more recognizable if he were named in a title, not to mentioned having an official spelling of Godzilla's best buddy, lol!), however, I can't wrap my head around any story idea that work. Rodan is invulnerable to Godzilla's blast, and so a draw would have to happen. Anguirus may not raise ticket sales, but Godzilla Raids Again did have a full movie around it, but it was really a movie that just cashed in on Godzilla's recent fame.

Of course I didn't include either Kong or Gamera because RKO would not have released a Godzilla vs King Kong with Peter Kackson's King Kong film already in the making since 1995, and the same with Gamera only Toho would refuse to allow the turtle to fight Godzilla.

Although I do love Alien Invasion schemes, I decided not to go that route. However, the last film could be changed as such, I simply opted not too. I greatly enjoy King Ghidorah to be a destroyer of worlds, a harbinger of death, and as such, be a malevolent force without equal, and on its own.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

A somewhat brief redo of the entire Millennium series. Some of the movies are mostly tweaks, others are completely thrown out in favor of something new. Moreover, they would have a Heisei-grade of continuity, which I think many fans appreciated about that series.

Godzilla: Millennium
I actually think G2K is a solid opener, but with regard to aesthetics this movie needed some more attention before hitting theaters. Godzilla's design is good (I'd use the Kiryu Godzilla's colors and ray color). Orga had a superior look in the concept art, so I'd like to return to those and use a better suit (Orga's hands and fingers couldn't even move with that suit, which is tacky). The Millennian doesn’t need to change a lot, although the CGI could've been improved. The UFO really needed to look much more interesting. It was boring and should've been dazzling to the viewer, many of whom have seen countless generic UFOs in movies over the years. Anyhow, I don't want to waste too much space on that nitpicking. What I'd really redo is the plot. I'd have liked them to focus more on CCI and maybe some government corruptions and transparency issues. That would've been more interesting than the somewhat flakey main character with his girl wonder daughter and his various buddies that seem to do a better job than the CCI does (which was part of the point, but I digress). However, the sheer essence of this movie is good, good enough that I may enjoy it more than any of the other Millennium films with the glaring exception of GMK. All I did for the title was drop "2000" from the Japanese title.

Godzilla 2: Red Terror
I like the idea of Megaguirus, but the whole movie was a steaming pile of crap, enough that I'd just get rid of this movie entirely for something new. Here here, the Red Bamboo returneth! The highly organized terrorist organization is committed to two island bases, and numerous high ranking officials in the organization either have ties to various governments or were former members of certain governments, all of which allows them to smuggle and maintain the organization from top to bottom in an almost unprecedentedly secretive and advanced manner. Where simple manual labor is needed, slaves from minimally populated and comparatively archaic peoples are used.

The leadership at Red Bamboo views the stereotypical means of terrorism (cyber terrorism, blowing up structures and/or people, etc) as a crude and often ineffective means of getting what a terrorist wants. Instead, they need something bigger, much bigger. How about finding a way to bring the global economy to a screaming halt? Scientists working for the organization are made aware that Godzilla has the power to do just that, but of course he’s too powerful and uncontrollable. Still, the idea dumbed down is sound.
Over the course of some years multiple creatures are created, mostly sea dwelling beasts. The first couple of attempts became failures, known as Giant Sea Serpent and Maguma. With these monsters prowling the various oceans across the globe, shipping is almost completely stopped. Many items can be shipped by plane but it’s both more expensive and impossible to ship many other items (cars, for one). It’s more than enough to crush the global economy for Red Bamboo to demand the sovereign state that they desire.
But naturally Godzilla is a largely sea dwelling monster, and it isn’t long before he comes into contact with the first mutated creature: Kameobas. Godzilla makes relatively short work of Kameobas, proving himself the superior. Oodako is a similar story despite his tentacle-laden strength.

The Red Bamboo also realizes quickly a mistake on their part: the monsters may have the same origins in the laboratory, but that doesn’t mean they take kindly to each other. Ganimes and Ebirah endure a gruesome battle leaving Gamines dead and Ebirah mortally wounded (it dies not long afterwards). The two nuclear plants on the two islands begin attracting Godzilla, who ends up having to battle Gezora, the strongest of the sea creatures and mutated enough that it’s almost Kraken like and boasts considerable strength and fighting intelligence. In the end though, Godzilla’s superior durability and firepower are enough to overwhelm Gezora.
But the Red Bamboo has already been creating Giant Condors, enough that a flock sees Godzilla as an energy/food source and attack Godzilla. Fighting multiple small enemies catches Godzilla off guard, who only wins after changing his fighting strategy. The flagship creation of the scientists guards the Red Bamboo themselves, the Black Moth. Unlike the similar creation used in Latitude Zero, this super-powered version is Godzilla sized and is a brutal physical fighter, helping it to compensate for its lake of a projectile like Godzilla’s atomic ray. Its might is great enough to lift Godzilla into the air. The ultimate battle takes place. Luckily in the ensuing mess much of the Red Bamboo’s territory is destroyed, but even so INTERPOL throughout the movie has finally made headway to the point of addressing the Red Bamboo’s existence.

Godzilla 3: Retaliation of Mechagodzilla
Falls along the same lines as GAMG but they could have done so much better. What if they completely lost control of Kiryu and Godzilla and Kiryu fought over Japan (and other territory)? That's just one of the numerous unpredictable examples of the far more interesting ways that it could've gone.

Godzilla 4: Mothra's Judgment

Godzilla 5: Final War

Gonna come back to these two.

Non-G movies I'd have gone for:

Matango’s Temptation
The original is great, but a remake could make Matango a creepier, eerier horror thriller with modern effects and takes on what constitutes “scary”. All of this must be mated to the original film’s social commentary that made it both creepy and powerful as a metaphor for humanity. The key is simply to not lose focus on what made the original so good and slide down the slope to the creation of a mediocre movie focusing on being scary and losing the sophistication.

Latitude Zero
The Showa original is hugely entertaining. Like a Matango remake, the potential for a remake to bring the movie into the 21st century could re-engage audiences. How about contemporary effects for the giant rats, bat people, and the Black Moth? If it was again well done and looked as good as it really could, a classic and loved fantasy adventure film would be reborn.

Galaxies At War
Galaxies At War would present a futuristic Earth that is contacted by the Grypons who are equally advanced if not more so but short on resources and send pleas for some assistance on the matter. What starts out as a political move and disagreement throughout the globe on exactly what should be done, it escalates until the point where the Grypons make it clear that they will simply take what they want if they don’t get it, even if they’d rather not. Naturally much of the United Nations immediately throws up defenses and an all out war breaks out.

Yamato Takeru: Birth of Japan/Yamato 2*/Yamato 3*
A three part story covering the events around the mythos of Japan’s emergence. Three Treasures was one version of the story, then 1994’s Yamato Takeru was the first in what was originally supposed to be a trilogy. The 1994 movie has a reputation as a somewhat dull and unimpressive entry in the idea. Hopefully this trilogy could put together a story and effects that match expectations. *Tentative titles.

I've another idea or two already in the movie ideas thread, so I'll refrain from reposting that. That would be some decent sci-fi for a the 1999-2000s. By now there's a few others I'd like to have seen.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

So, people here would still bring back MechaGodzilla despite getting to do the millennium series over? Interesting....

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

^People like the MechaGodzilla/Kiryu incarnation, they just don't admit it.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Shadow wrote:^People like the MechaGodzilla/Kiryu incarnation, they just don't admit it.
I'll admit it. Kiryu is my favorite incarnation of the character, and I would have made three movies based around him instead of only two. But I would make Godzilla a bigger threat to Japan, and not just get spanked by Kiryu. They should be equally matched, not one should have a long advantage over the other.

#BotM

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Y'know, I really liked the Shinoda/Miyasaka/Katagiri triumverate in Godzilla 2000, and felt that they deserved more than one movie's worth of development.

Ideally, I'd have liked to see those three characters start at the same point in their personal relationships (i.e. the backstory of G2K remains backstory and is never shown), but to have their conflict initially play out in a solo Godzilla movie, in which Miyasaka's loyalty is mostly to Katagiri until he begins to have a change of heart at the end.

Then, have more or less the events of G2K play out, with Miyasaka from the outset torn between the two sides, and (since the lead characters are already established) with more screentime dedicated to Orga and its various stages.

Finally, a third movie, in which Miyasaka has completely come back around to Shinoda's side, and in which Katagiri is using technology salvaged from the aliens to construct some sort of anti-Godzilla weapon. By this point, Katagiri's rage against Godzilla would have had several movies to descend into total madness, particularly after the desertion of Miyasaka, and that could better justify his ultimately freaking out and getting himself killed by Godzilla.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SpiralRay
Ronin

Post by SpiralRay »

I never really liked how Godzilla ended up losing to Kiryu. I also thought that the way that series went, it was begging for a third film wherein Godzilla would finally score a decisive victory over Kiryu.

My proposed third film would have picked up where Tokyo SOS ended.

1 Year after the events of Tokyo SOS, a JSDF expedition to recover Kiryu succeeds. However, it is out of commission, powered down, and appears to have sustained serious damage from magma in a deep-sea trench. Meanwhile, Godzilla is nowhere to be found, despite ending Tokyo SOS with Kiryu.

Shortly after Kiryu is recovered, a Japanese Government satellite picks up that something is headed towards Earth from over a considerable distance away, but not with any particular speed. Closer examination reveals the object headed for Earth (projected to arrive in 10 years) is a huge, crystalline formation, meaning it's... Space Godzilla.

In response to this event, the team that created Kiryu in the first place demands to be allowed to repair and further power up Kiryu to have a chance at defeating Space Godzilla. The Japanese government reluctantly gives the OK, while simultaneously keeping the revelation that Space Godzilla is coming a secret from the general public.

About 3 years into the program to rebuild Kiryu to be even larger and more powerful, more alarming news takes place: another government satellite reports seeing that the crystalline formation- which had been kept under close surveillance- was hit briefly by a UFO, which disappeared as soon as it scraped against the thing, and didn't divert its course at all. The UFO continues to appear in the satellite imaging for the next few months, looking increasingly mutated and making an erratic pattern that appears to put it on course to eventually reach the Earth.

Fearing the worst, the JSDF considers options. They realize their chances of defeating both Space Godzilla and the UFO (which will become Orga later in the movie when it reaches Earth) with just Kiryu are slim at best. They need something else to help them.

The team that created Kiryu at this point proposes the unthinkable: using the DNA Sample of Godzilla- plus their psychics division- to clone a new Godzilla under their control to help Kiryu in the fight against the coming threat. Despite sparking huge internal debate amongst the Japanese government, the JSDF, and other world leaders who are secretly informed of the plan, the idea is eventually approved.

The project to clone a new Godzilla begins in secret, and goes along relatively smoothly in terms of progress. However, there is a fierce personal conflict brewing between the team repairing Kiryu and the cloning team, with the team working on Kiryu viewing Kiryu as superior to Godzilla, with the leader of the Kiryu team having a long, complicated, bitter personal history with the lead guy on the Cloning team, due to a combination of professional differences, competition, and both men having a romantic interest in the lead psychic, who has the responsibility of directing the new clone Godzilla when it is finished.

Unfortunately for everyone, while Kiryu is vastly improved and ready for combat a year before the scheduled arrival of Space Godzilla, the Godzilla clone is a little slower to reach operational status. Meanwhile, in an even more alarming development, a series of golden spores descend from the sky in Manchuria, eventually forming into Biollante, shocking and disturbing the entire world. Biollante, however, immediately dissolves back into the golden spores without wreaking any havoc. It continues to rematerialize and disappear at various points in eastern Asia throughout the next few days, without wreaking any destruction though.

The scientists at the JSDF realize, to their horror, that Biollante's erratic behavior can only be due to one thing- it senses the clone Godzilla, but it also senses the real Godzilla, which is interfering with its psychic ability to find and attack Godzilla. To prevent the story of the clone Godzilla from going public by way of Biollante eventually reaching the complex where it is housed, the JSDF orders Kiryu back into action, hoping its Godzilla DNA can further distract Biollante, while also ordering a secret task force to try and find the real Godzilla.

Kiryu is brought North via aircraft carrier to a remote location in Northern Hokkaido, hoping to draw out Biollante, who mysteriously fails to appear immediately. Meanwhile, the secret task force manages to detect the presence of Godzilla, only it is dormant deep inside a trench in the South Pacific, in the mantle underneath the trench. More worrisome, however, is the fact that Godzilla appears to have grown much bigger since its defeat at the hands of Kiryu, and also appears to be in an unstable state, at risk of overheating (much like what happened with Burning Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah)- an unstable state only prevented from worsening by its current dormant state.

Thus, the government decides to keep the news a secret, and ignore the real Godzilla while looking to destroy Biollante with Kiryu. These plans, however, are scrambled when the mutated UFO unexpectedly crashes outside of Osaka, where it quickly rises and becomes Orga. Biollante immediately materializes in Osaka and wages a destructive battle with Orga, eventually winning (but not before sustaining serious damage) by spearing Orga with a tendril down his throat before holding him in place and unleashing a huge burst of radioactive sap down his throat. Biollante quickly disappears into the sky to recuperate, while Orga appears dead for the time being.

However, within a day, Orga slowly begins to recover, and even worse, Space Godzilla crashes in Hokkaido near Kiryu. The two kaiju fight, and are evenly matched at first, however, one of Space Godzilla' crystal towers has a sort of EMP like effect, momentarily shutting down Kiryu and enabling Space Godzilla to gain the upper hand and beat it into submission. Kiryu is hastily brought back to the hangar for upgrades and repair work, while the Japanese public and the world are seized by panic.

Biollante next reappears in Kyoto, and encounters Space Godzilla. The two engage in a vicious battle that leaves both near death, but ultimately it is Biollante who is forced to retreat first, having been impaled through the base by several crystal spires which served to rebound Space Godzilla's corona beam into her over and over. Space Godzilla then flies off again after his victory.

The JSDF- realizing that the clone Godzilla still isn't ready, that Biollante could still expose it, that a recovered Orga is going on a rampage through the Japanese countryside, and that Kiryu is still too damaged to fight Orga just yet- realize that their last remaining hope is to free the real Godzilla and hope it will inadvertently help in the fight. This plan arouses even more controversy, but eventually is approved. A secret mining team is dispatched south to reach the trench and hopefully awaken Godzilla, draw it toward Japan's Kaiju enemies, and defeat them before it's too late.

The mining team is successful, and is able to both awaken Godzilla and lure it to follow them back toward Japan. Meanwhile, Kiryu is hastily repaired, and the Absolute Zero Cannon is reinstalled as a last resort measure against Godzilla, should he melt down. The Clone Godzilla, meanwhile, is genetically juiced-up enough to ably fight both Godzilla and the other Kaiju, and is also finally brought under full psychic control to the point it can be safely sent into action.

Orga smashes his way through the JSDF contingents in his way, and emerges in Tokyo and starts on another rampage. However, Kiryu is released into the fray to fight Orga, and the two kaiju begin an epic battle. At the same time, the Japanese government and other world media sources initiate violent, forceful crackdown quarantine on the media in the South Pacific.

Meanwhile, Space Godzilla appears in the ocean and fights the real Godzilla near the Japanese coastline, finally drawing media attention to the return of the real Godzilla. Unfortunately, Biollante fights the clone Godzilla (which is moving toward Tokyo to try and help Kiryu fight Orga) near Saitama. The result is conflicting media reports of two different Godzillas, creating the panic situation and swirling rumors that the government had hoped to avoid. Luckily, the clone Godzilla battles Biollante to a draw, ultimately resulting in Biollante dematerializing before it is too heavily damaged. The clone Godzilla then takes a rest to recuperate from its injuries, while the JSDF sets up another quarantine in the area to try and help treat it. Space Godzilla, similarly, finds itself surprised and slightly overwhelmed by the real Godzilla's newly enhanced power, and decides to retreat after a brief fight. The retrieval team then continues to lead the real Godzilla toward Tokyo, hopeful that the new Godzilla's enhanced power will be enough to defeat Orga, Biollante, and Space Godzilla conclusively (note the retrieval team is unaware of the highly-secret clone Godzilla project.)

The battle in Tokyo, meanwhile, takes a turn for the worse. Orga appears to be too much for Kiryu, and deals heavy damage to the machine, while Kiryu is unable to make similar progress against his fast-healing opponent. Luckily for Kiryu, Biollante appears, and moves to begin an assault on Orga. Unfortunately, Space Godzilla appears in Tokyo at the same time, and raises a flurry of crystal spires to help it fight both Kiryu and Biollante, and to a lesser extent Orga. The battle quickly turns hard against both Kiryu and Biollante, allowing Orga to seize the initiative again. Orga proceeds to seriously wound Biollante and nearly rip Kiryu's head off.

Finally, when the battle looks lost, the true Godzilla finally storms into Tokyo. He pauses for a brief moment, unsure of whether to attack Kiryu, the monster that had nearly killed him, or Biollante, or Space Godzilla, or Orga. After some hesitation, the real Godzilla looses a roar toward Space Godzilla, and begins trying to break through the crystals, the telekinesis, and shrug off withering corona beams to reach Space Godzilla. He eventually does so, and a brutal round of melee combat ensues between Godzilla and his extraterrestrial counterpart, with Godzilla badly wounded by several vicious crystal spires and burned by the corona beam in close range, but Godzilla is ultimately able to mortally wound Space Godzilla when Space Godzilla tries to crush him from above- Godzilla counters with a sudden leap, badly wounding Space Godzilla in the stomach and chest with his back spikes, before countering with several spiral atomic rays in close range to further wound him. In a desperate last bid, Space Godzilla brings all of his crystals hurtling toward both of them, but Godzilla unleashes a close-range nuclear pulse, destroying the incoming crystals and causing the already-grievously wounded Space Godzilla to explode.

Godzilla assaulting Space Godzilla, meanwhile, gives Biollante and Kiryu the opportunity they need to attack Orga again. Orga continues to mutate and grow more monstrous thanks to its contact with Biollante, but victory is finally achieved when a badly wounded Biollante uses its tendrils to impale and hold Orga in place for a few moments, which offers just enough time for Kiryu to retreat and fire the Absolute Zero Cannon at Orga, freezing him instantly, and he is then shattered by a spiral atomic ray from the true Godzilla, finally killing the monster.

For a brief moment, there is peace. And then the Clone Godzilla arrives in Tokyo to join Kiryu. Biollante, upon seeing this unnatural abomination, much as she is, assaults the clone Godzilla once again. Godzilla, too, is enraged at the sight of his own clone, and commences an assault, while the enraged Biollante proves a dangerous opponent, nearly biting off the clone's head and dealing horrific damage to both the clone and the true Godzilla, while further damaging Kiryu. Biollante, however, is finally finished thanks to a combined assault- the true Godzilla fires an atomic pulse at its chest sac, the clone unleashes one down Biollante's throat, and Kiryu delivers a drilled fist to the ravaged chest sac, causing an anguished shriek of pain from Biollante, which then dissolves into the golden spores again.

Once again, silence falls over a ravaged Tokyo. The true Godzilla, too badly wounded to consider fighting anymore, ignores both Kiryu and his clone. He begins to lumber toward the sea, his back turned to both the clone and Kiryu. The retrieval team, the JSDF still in the area, and the psychic commanding the clone Godzilla all allow this, acknowledging that in spite of the destruction, Godzilla was instrumental in saving them all and averting catastrophe. The pilot commanding Kiryu, however, refuses to allow this, enraged at the sudden reversal of sentiment toward Godzilla (his backstory could explain why he hates him so much, got involved in the project to destroy him, and earlier human developments in the story would detail the psychic and the cloning project chief getting closer.) He launches the Absolute Zero Cannon again at the true Godzilla from behind, freezing him and leaving him vulnerable to a final death. However, Godzilla's unstable state allows him to start defrosting quickly- there is a very short window of opportunity to finish Godzilla once and for all.

Kiryu goes in for the kill, and inexplicably, the clone begins to attack Kiryu. This is the orders of the psychic, not the clone's will- she too is disgusted by the cowardly cheap attack on Godzilla, given that it had just saved them. The badly wounded clone, however, is no match for Kiryu, who kills the clone with a wrist blade stab to the neck, followed by a drilled fist to the back, hitting the second brain and enabling Kiryu to finish the clone off with a brutal series of Maser Cannon shots to the paralyzed clone.

By the time the clone is dead, though, the true Godzilla is defrosted and angrier than ever. Though still badly wounded, Godzilla begins to fight Kiryu in one last battle, this time to the death. It looks like Kiryu is going to win again, especially after drilling Godzilla in the chest again, but this time Godzilla continues to fight, eager to bring Kiryu down with him. Rather than retreating, Kiryu continues to fight the dying Godzilla, destroying what's left of Tokyo. Finally, when Godzilla is near death, slumping against Kiryu, trying to muster the strength for one last spiral fire ray at close range, while Kiryu is trying to push his drill fist into Godzilla's neck, the golden spores appear in the sky once again, this time fully coalescing around Godzilla. A revitalized, healed, and stabilized Godzilla manages to deflect the drill back down toward his chest again, and even though Kiryu is drilling deep into his chest furiously the whole time, Godzilla musters the strength to deliver the killing blow to Kiryu with a massive, supercharged spiral atomic ray (visually possessing characteristics from Biollante's sap spray and the corona beam, as well as Godzilla's traditional rays), destroying Kiryu once and for all.

Godzilla stands alone, triumphant over all the abominations, all other monsters owing their existence to him. He lets out a roar of triumph before leaving the ruined city to return to the sea once again. In the end, Japan- and the World- is left to wonder if the efforts to fight him are even more costly and destructive than Godzilla himself is. The stories of the government's actions during the movie play out. Some even ask if they should simply accept the existence of Godzilla in the World rather than fight it so hard. Some even say the actions of the government over the previous decade are even worse than anything Godzilla- a less intelligent creature- had managed to do or could ever manage to do. The head of the cloning project is last seen on a beach with the psychic, kissing her. He narrates that, as crazy as it sounds, he thanks Godzilla for giving him the one thing he wanted in life. But, at the same time, he acknowledges that Godzilla is not so much a being, but an unpredictable force of nature, and he would have no understanding of the concept (nor good or evil), and shouldn't even address him as if he was an evil human being (the way people formulated policy and response to him for years could be argued to operate on that assumption) as the screen fades to black. Godzilla's roar is heard one last time before the credits roll.

That's how I would have closed out the Millennium series. :D Hopefully some people read this and offer some feedback and opinions.

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

^^ umm wow. That would have been nuts. It'd pretty much be a mix of Godzilla's. Even though you pretty much just wrote an entire outline, id still read that script :)
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

SpiralRay
Ronin

Post by SpiralRay »

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:^^ umm wow. That would have been nuts. It'd pretty much be a mix of Godzilla's. Even though you pretty much just wrote an entire outline, id still read that script :)
That's what I was going for. I thought an all-Godzilla storyline would be a great way to end the Kiryu saga and the Millennium Series. :D

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ You should put this in the fan-fiction section, and turn it into a full-blown story.

#BotM

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

SpiralRay Presents:GODZILLA:THE CLONE SAGA, or, GODZILLA:MAXIMUM CLONAGE.
Also, thumbs up to Tohosaurus' GODZILLA:RED TERROR.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Pretty much what several people here have already said. I would have started with the Godzilla Jr. (from the end of Destoroyah) and place him in Godzilla 2000. Actually as a "stand alone film" Godzilla 2000 IMHO could follow Destoroyah since there is nothing in either plot that contradicts the other' Godzilla just "appears" in G2K with no explanatiion of origin. Its Megaguirus where things start to get wonky. I loved the design of the Millennium Godzilla, just didn't care for the films themselves. I probably would have kept G2K the same (as a follow up to Destoroyah) but I would erase GXM from existence, and go a completely different direction from there. I probably would have created new monsters, or used Showa ones that hadn't appeared in a while. I would have stayed away from King Ghidora, Mothra, and Mechagodzilla however since they are so overused.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!