Opinion of the Millennium Suits

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Voyager
EDF Instructor

Re: Opinion of the Millennium Suits

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm I can't find much good about G2000, dude is literally the most hunchback of the franchise suits. He can barely move beyond shoulder rubs and bites. His spines are cool but every spikey Godzilla after did it better.

At least Kiryugoji actively looked badass with a proper stature, cobra neck, and pissed off expression, plus he could deal with enemies without looking at their feet. GMK is epic as we all know, GFW was incredibly mobile and badass.
Ever since my "comeback" we've agreed pretty much on everything, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this entire post. Everything you said was wrong and you should feel ashamed of this damn post. My head canon is that you smoked the devils lettuce and used the booger sugar.
Gotta agree with Goji on this one. Don’t poop talk Mire like that.
I will serve the nation and protect it, preserving the freedom and liberty all citizens have the right to. For Australia! For Democracy!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 am
goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm I can't find much good about G2000, dude is literally the most hunchback of the franchise suits. He can barely move beyond shoulder rubs and bites. His spines are cool but every spikey Godzilla after did it better.

At least Kiryugoji actively looked badass with a proper stature, cobra neck, and pissed off expression, plus he could deal with enemies without looking at their feet. GMK is epic as we all know, GFW was incredibly mobile and badass.
Ever since my "comeback" we've agreed pretty much on everything, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this entire post. Everything you said was wrong and you should feel ashamed of this damn post. My head canon is that you smoked the devils lettuce and used the booger sugar.
Gotta agree with Goji on this one. Don’t poop talk Mire like that.
Idk, this is one of the disproportionate suits in the entire franchise.. Massive bobblehead, strange spine alignment, which wouldn't bother me so much if he weren't so incredibly hunchbacked, squat, and short.

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
The bottom 2 suits work much much better for the Millennium era (+ GMK). They strike fear, while also being able to actually "strike", instead of constant shoulder charges since he can't look up.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'll agree that Miregoji's suit is too stiff and immobile. That causes problems in scenes where he's supposed to be looking down at people, but can't actually move his head. Otherwise? Exquisite design. Top 5 material, pretty easily.

In other news, I misread the 'PSEXPRESS' logo in that one Miregoji picture. I didn't see the P, and I was scared shitless for a second there.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

AK Siwach
Monsterland Worker

Post by AK Siwach »

I love all of the Millennium suits. They pretty much are all unique and have their own charm. A good way to give Godzilla new looks but still be Godzilla.

tbeasley
Gotengo Officer

Post by tbeasley »

I find Mire and KiryuGoji have much more proportionate designs compared to later Heisei suits (Rado, Moge/Desu). Even GMK suffers a bit from his odd posture, I prefer the straightened back of the prototype suit.
~ Tyler

"... the whole world could wake up and live again."

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

tbeasley wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 pm I find Mire and KiryuGoji have much more proportionate designs compared to later Heisei suits (Rado, Moge/Desu). Even GMK suffers a bit from his odd posture, I prefer the straightened back of the prototype suit.
Same. It looked much better than the potbellied, hunched over final product.

Jermobooka
JXSDF Technician

Post by Jermobooka »

I used to like MireGoji quite a bit. Now? Not so much. I started to see the imperfections and odd design choices as i matured as a G-Fan, and now i don’t really hold it as high as I used to

GMKGoji is amazing. Fierce, badass, and intimating. Perfect for GMK.

KiryuGoji is also amazing. Everything i liked about MireGoji is kept and everything i didn’t like was improved upon exponentially

FWGoji is very easily my favorite Millenium Godzilla designs, my favorite Godzilla suit, and one of my favorite Godzilla’s in general.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keizer
Yojimbo

Post by Keizer »

I honestly do not like MireGoji very much. it is certainly not awful, but I still think it is a bit too colorful and overdesigned. The orange atomic breath, oval face, green skin, and purple spines just make it look like a toy to me.

I do like GMKGoji well enough. I get the impression that it is supposed to look ghostly or undead, and it does succeed, with the bloated body and lifeless eyes. I don't love it, but it is quite good.

KiryuGoji just looks like a cleaner and overall better MireGoji. The face looks better, the atomic breath is blue again, and the spikes are white instead of purple. Still not my favorite, but much better than MireGoji.

FinalGoji is... interesting. I actually do like how it has a much more svelte figure, but the face does look very odd. I don't think it looks like a rat like many others do, but it is nevertheless strange looking.