Gamera: Mutating or still growing?

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Gamera: Mutating or still growing?

Post by Giga Kaiju »

^ That too. It is noticeable how he looks 'young-cute' and with e4ach passing sequel he looks more mature and badass overall.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

His appearance changing through the trilogy is a result of his adapting.

Chromosomal Manipulation: Like the Gyaos of the Heisei era, Gamera could manipulate his own genetic structure to adapt to his environments. Although his mass never change, his apperance altered over the course of the three movies as his body evolved for combat.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah G2 is my favorite look but G3 is good too. I always took it more as a his look reflecting the film since no one goes 'whoa has Gamera been working out since we saw him kill Gyaos?' 'Whoa why is Gamera so scary now after killing off the Legion?'

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Seems thicc boy Gamera can manipulate his chromosomes in much the same way the Gyaos can.

7:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXXHDI8O50

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

I have no idea what the situation with Gamera was so I guess we are just left to decide for ourselves. So I am just going to say mutating since we know the Gyaos mutate as well. The thread of Showa Godzilla being the same Godzilla reminds me of this. Simply because we have a good and reasonable explanation as to why Gamera's appearance changes drastically over the trilogy. Instead of just changing suits and expecting the viewer to get used to it.