Rebirth of Mothra 3

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Rebirth of Mothra 3

Post by Terasawa »

I don't agree with the sentiment that all English dubbing is bad.

As for the REBIRTH OF MOTHRA 3 dub, your only options are to wait for it to show up on Encore or Starz and record it or wait for it to (maybe) show up again on Crackle.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

If it weren't for dubs, this fandom wouldn't exist.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

^ Troo storee
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

If it wasn't for dubs, no one would be able to film on location outside or in a city.
bleep bloop

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

CTHimes wrote:I don't agree with the sentiment that all English dubbing is bad.

As for the REBIRTH OF MOTHRA 3 dub, your only options are to wait for it to show up on Encore or Starz and record it or wait for it to (maybe) show up again on Crackle.
If you're just gonna watch in it on cable save yourself some time and just download it..
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Or you can always get a subbed DVD with tons of features at a specific store...

OT: I like ROM because of the battles. Beam Wars are cool. Sue me.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

MeltdownKoopa wrote:Or you can always get a subbed DVD with tons of features at a specific store...
I wouldn't say tons..at least on ROM 3.
MeltdownKoopa wrote:OT: I like ROM because of the battles. Beam Wars are cool.
I concur.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
MeltdownKoopa wrote:Or you can always get a subbed DVD with tons of features at a specific store...
I wouldn't say tons..at least on ROM 3.
MeltdownKoopa wrote:OT: I like ROM because of the battles. Beam Wars are cool.
I concur.
Well it seems like tons considering there are no official releases here in NA.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:If you're just gonna watch in it on cable save yourself some time and just download it..
I could have mentioned downloading it, but I thought I'd inform him of the legal options. Besides, I've never come across a torrent for the uncut English dub.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

My guess is the first two didn't sell well at all.
It's understandable; they aren't exactly high-quality cinema, even by stereotypical monster movie standards.
I disagree that the films got progressively better. ROM 2 is worse than the first, third, BFE, and SpaceG combined.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

I swear to God I'm the only one who actually likes ROM2. I don't think it's as bad as people say.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I swear to God I'm the only one who actually likes ROM2. I don't think it's as bad as people say.

You probably are the only one who likes it. And it isn't as bad as people say. It's much much worse.
Well considering I don't like Astro Monsters I think it's safe to say my opinion doesn't count.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Gorath, The Human Vapor & The Last War were all released by Brenco, and now with MGM. I have tried to contact MGM several times (e-mail and actual letters about these films, but never recieved a response. Other fans have stated that the film elements of the english dub versions are in very poor condition. Stil I'd love to have official copies, even if only in MOD (Manufacture on Demand) format. If we do get the Japnese verison, i dobt it wil be through Sony since they dont have any rights to these films. I know Gorath was available on Amazon Prime or Hulu for a while

If ROM 3 ever does get a release, it will most likely be as an individual film, or perhaps repackaged with ROM 1&2
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I swear to God I'm the only one who actually likes ROM2. I don't think it's as bad as people say.
I like it, too. Although it has been years since I have seen it, so maybe I won't like it as much the next time I get around to watching it.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

It pops up once in a blue moon on cable, but it was never released to DVD.
Yes, usually on the Starz network.

I have heard that their are plans to make a "Icons of Sci-Fi: Toho Collection 2". With Gorath, Mothra 3 and The Human Vapor.
I would definitely buy that set especially for Gorath.

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

I still haven't seen the third RoM, so I would like to see a dvd released eventually. I have seen bits of it on TV, though. and Gorath would be cool too.
Last edited by Megalon7 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Megalon7 wrote:
I like it, too. Although it has been years since I have seen it, so maybe I won't like it as much the next time I get around to watching it.
I just watched ROM2 a couple weeks ago because my kids requested it. The prolem with ALL the ROM movies they they all have really cool antagonist monsters, but the films are made for children, so as an adult I find very little entertaining about them. Still I'm glad my kids enjoy them.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

o.supreme wrote:The problem with ALL the ROM movies they they all have really cool antagonist monsters, but the films are made for children-
I think the problem is not that they were made for children, but that the producers used that as an excuse not to put any effort in the writing process.

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

o.supreme wrote:
Megalon7 wrote:
I just watched ROM2 a couple weeks ago because my kids requested it. The prolem with ALL the ROM movies they they all have really cool antagonist monsters, but the films are made for children, so as an adult I find very little entertaining about them. Still I'm glad my kids enjoy them.
I was about 9 or 10 (I don't remember how old I was exactly, not sure when the dvd was released) when I watched RoM 1 & 2 for the first time, so that's probably why I remember enjoying them. I'll revisit these films sooner or later.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I rewatched Mothra 3, and I still like it. It holds up very well! I think that I like the original more though, it flips back and forth. Oh and by the way, they are NOT children movies.
In what way are they not children's movies?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.