Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Cyber City

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Cyber City

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... _city.html

The last of the three proposals for the final Heisei movie by Yo⭐️Nakano, this one’s probably the wildest one. And that’s saying something considering the other two have Sea Serpent Mechagodzilla and SpaceGodzilla Satellite.

I have no clue how to feel about this lol. Definitely interesting, you definitely can’t call it unoriginal. “Genocide Jaguar” is so ridiculous of a name it loops back around to being amazing.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Cyber City

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Wow, another cancelled project for 1995.

This one....is a mixed bag for me. The idea is interesting and original at the time, but I don't think it would've made for a great Godzilla movie, especially as the final chapter for the Heisei series.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

This honestly sounds amazing lmao. Feels like a really fun sci-fi story and sounds like it would've featured one heck of a finale. Even though it is kinda.. complex by Godzilla movie standards, i would've loved to see this.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

AI that goes berserk, and is subsequently deemed a hazard? Check. (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla).

Other than that, the plot also has many parallels to City on the Edge of Battle. I hate to say this, but it's apparent that the better/cool ideas from City on the Edge of Battle were just lifted from this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

REALLY glad this one didn't make the cut. Can't see it working with the Heisei effects at all. Just imagine all of the bad shots of Godzilla edited into a city scape and the constant walls of sparks that would be the finale.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The proposal has a few promising ideas, but the plot and final act could be more original.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Reminds me a bit of the James Bannon Godzilla 2 idea that eventually became Gunhed.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)