Favorite of the 'G-Force' Trilogy

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

What is your favorite of the 'G-Force' trilogy?

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II
50%
Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla
4%
Godzilla vs Destoroyah
46%

Total votes: 26

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Favorite of the 'G-Force' Trilogy

Post by BlankAccount »

I like all 3. Keyword like, not love.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
eabaker wrote:Okay, so would you guys say that Baby has the central emotional arc of the film? Or does that belong to Asuza?
Baby Godzilla, and Miki Saegusa. The issue is that Asuza's role could have been easily been filled by Saegusa's character, but that would make it difficult to have a climax where she is both In the robot and tending to MG2. Asuza really doesn't do much in the film other than briefly bond with Baby. Miki has her first reservations about killing/stopping Godzilla and she still goes through with it, but it's the first time she questions it.
Yeah, I feel like the whole thing would tie together a lot better if Miki were more central to the Baby storyline.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I don’t think it’s even really clear who the central character is until the very end. It’s almost by process of elimination then that you can tell whose arc it is. :P

I also don’t think you need Miki aboard Mechagodzilla, however, I can’t think of an organic reason why Miki would be involved with the egg before it hatches while still preserving the secret (such as it is) that the egg is not Rodan’s. And to be fair, Ryoko Sano contributes a good performance as Azusa. Would Megumi Odaka’s tearful farewell to Baby have been as strong? Probably not.
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon May 25, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think the characters in SG are better, but have a little less to work with. Destroyah I think has some of the better spectacles, tensions and moments, but lacks and flops hard on the human element.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yeah, SG has a very strong core in Yuki and Shinjo's transforming attitudes towards Godzilla.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

eabaker wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
eabaker wrote:Okay, so would you guys say that Baby has the central emotional arc of the film? Or does that belong to Asuza?
Baby Godzilla, and Miki Saegusa. The issue is that Asuza's role could have been easily been filled by Saegusa's character, but that would make it difficult to have a climax where she is both In the robot and tending to MG2. Asuza really doesn't do much in the film other than briefly bond with Baby. Miki has her first reservations about killing/stopping Godzilla and she still goes through with it, but it's the first time she questions it.
Yeah, I feel like the whole thing would tie together a lot better if Miki were more central to the Baby storyline.
I agree as well. Not only would it make MG a little stronger as their has been build it but it also makes Destroyer stronger as Miki is looking for her son throughout the film. I always thought MG could have found the spinal brain without Miki anyway.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

When in the hell did Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 get so popular?

Are we in the early 2000s again? :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:When in the hell did Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 get so popular?

I don't think GVMG2 is suddenly popular on TK, I just think it's better liked than Space Godzilla and Destoroyah. And, frankly, it deserves to be. :P
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Thu May 28, 2020 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:When in the hell did Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 get so popular?

I don't think GVMG2 is suddenly popular on TK, I just think it's better liked than Space Godzilla and Destoroyah. And, frankly, it deserves to be. :P
Damn skippy
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.